Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Idea for TSA

Spyder Garage

Default Idea for TSA

Do away with the scanners, install booths that seal completely and set off any explosives that are in them, solves problems both ways.
    (Not my idea, my sister forwarded it to me.)

john

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by retread View Post
    Do away with the scanners, install booths that seal completely and set off any explosives that are in them, solves problems both ways.
    (Not my idea, my sister forwarded it to me.)

john

I like it!

Then again I have no problem with the scanners or pat downs -- if I did I would just choose not to fly.

I'd rather have them search my body before a flight takes off -- than have to search FOR my body after the flight takes off!

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Maybe that would stop stuff like this

http://www.medialunchbox.com/asx/1232.asx

Registered Users JJW SpyderRider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I like it!

Then again I have no problem with the scanners or pat downs -- if I did I would just choose not to fly.

I'd rather have them search my body before a flight takes off -- than have to search FOR my body after the flight takes off!
    I had over 85 flight segments last year and nearing 70 so far this year. The standard metal detectors are no problem. The new full body scanners are a pain in the *** If these scanners are so good why do they have to follow up with a patdown?

The real holdup is those people that try to get through carrying large containers with liquids and have to be told three times to take off their jackets and shoes.

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED Mirror turn signals, LED trunk lighting, RGB ground effect lighting, BajRon anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

Member of the WSR (Woodstock Spyder Riders)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Speed things up

To speed things up, they could have a small room that could hold, oh, maybe 15-20 at a time.
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default TSA

Why are people so willing to be like sheep following whatever the TSA says. I have a problem with a stranger filling my "nuts" Do you think it is ok for a stranger to invade a young girl between the ages of 9 and 16. I have a proplem with that. Let's just profile people. If you were born in the US, have excellent credit, payed taxes for many years, never been arrested why does the TSA treat you like a common crook.
    I don't understand why a person that done everything right in their life be treated like a person that has everthing wrong?????

Spyder Garage

I am flying tomorrow. If they pat me the wrong way, I'll probably end up in TSA Jail.

Spyder Garage

After that incident with TSA, I have been avoiding the Junk file when checking my email. Not sure what I should do?
    Also...maybe we should hire the "where's the beef?" fast food granny to lower tension and provide some comc relief.
    In the twisties I was playing the tart...
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dogg8988 View Post
    Why are people so willing to be like sheep following whatever the TSA says. I have a problem with a stranger filling my "nuts" Do you think it is ok for a stranger to invade a young girl between the ages of 9 and 16. I have a proplem with that. Let's just profile people. If you were born in the US, have excellent credit, payed taxes for many years, never been arrested why does the TSA treat you like a common crook.
    I don't understand why a person that done everything right in their life be treated like a person that has everthing wrong?????
    They don't pat you down like that unless you refuse the scanner. Ideally a biometric system for frequent fliers would be great... they would need to do extensive background checks like what you're alluding to.... although Tim McVeigh was born here....

Flying isn't a right -- if someone doesn't want to abide by their rules -- don't fly. Same goes for driving a car. When you buy a ticket you agree to their rules - simple as that. There is no constitutional right allowing you to fly.

Was only last year that the underwear bomber almost took down a plane in Detroit.

If these new rules were put in place soon after 9-11 -- people would be praising the government for them.
    Last edited by Firefly; 11-21-2010 at 11:51 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post
    Maybe that would stop stuff like this

http://www.medialunchbox.com/asx/1232.asx

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JJW SpyderRider View Post
    I had over 85 flight segments last year and nearing 70 so far this year. The standard metal detectors are no problem. The new full body scanners are a pain in the *** If these scanners are so good why do they have to follow up with a patdown?

The real holdup is those people that try to get through carrying large containers with liquids and have to be told three times to take off their jackets and shoes.
    Frequent fliers should be allowed a quicker way to board for sure.

I believe if you do the new scanner you bypass the intensive pat-down.

People so against this should really just choose not to fly.
    Last edited by Firefly; 11-21-2010 at 11:51 AM.

Spyder Garage

They don't pay you down like that unless you refuse the scanner. Ideally a biometric system for frequent fliers would be great... they would need to do extensive background checks like what you're alluding to.... although Tim McVeigh was born here....

Flying isn't a right -- if someone doesn't want to abide by their rules -- don't fly. Same goes for driving a car. When you buy a ticket you agree to their rules - simple as that. There is no constitutional right allowing you to fly.

Was only last year that the underwear bomber almost took down a plane in Detroit.

If these new rules were put in place soon after 9-11 -- people would be praising the government for them.
    Tim McVeigh Blew up a truck, does this mean the next time everyone get in a truck they have to get scanned. What they are doing is way over the top, profiling the answer here, just like in any criminal investigation.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rnet View Post
    Tim McVeigh Blew up a truck, does this mean the next time everyone get in a truck they have to get scanned. What they are doing is way over the top, profiling the answer here, just like in any criminal investigation.
    You missed the point completely. Tim McVeigh was a typical white, Christian American born here in the USA -- who would have passed the profiling that you're talking about using. Had he wanted, he would have been allowed on a plane. These scanners will help detect whether such a person has explosives on them.

You don't think they're already doing profiling? They are for sure.

What's next--- people complaining it's an infringement to have their carry-on luggage scanned or searched?

If scanning me makes the flight safer for all - I have no problems with it at all -- if I suddenly decide this isn't something I'm comfortable with-- I can make the choice not to fly.

I just don't see this as an infringement on our rights when it's a choice for us to fly. When I got my cycle license I agreed to abide by the rules of each state (for the most part---).

Spyder Garage

You missed the point completely. Tim McVeigh was a typical white, Christian American born here in the USA -- who would have passed the profiling that you're talking about using. Had he wanted, he would have been allowed on a plane. These scanners will help detect whether such a person has explosives on them.

You don't think they're already doing profiling? They are for sure.

What's next--- people complaining it's an infringement to have their carry-on luggage scanned or searched?

If scanning me makes the flight safer for all - I have no problems with it at all -- if I suddenly decide this isn't something I'm comfortable with-- I can make the choice not to fly.

I just don't see this as an infringement on our rights when it's a choice for us to fly. When I got my cycle license I agreed to abide by the rules of each state (for the most part---).

Here's the sequence:

Some are selected for full body scan.

If you decline, they do a pat down.

If you decline, you are subject to an $11,000.

If you don't agree with it, don't fly.

Spyder Garage

Where to start...

The "right to fly" issue is backward. We are given our rights by "our Creator". The purpose of the US Constitution is to guarantee those rights, not to grant them. The men who wrote it were very concerned about a federal government that would violate those rights. That same constitution also states that if it does not expressly grant the federal government an authority to do anything, that authority cannot be assumed by the federal government.

That brings in many questions concerning what is happening in the interest of airport security.

When looking at the Constitution, the question then becomes, under what constitutional authority does the TSA operate to do these searches. It likely would be in direct violation of the 4th Amendment, which protects us from unreasonable and unauthorized search and seizure. To gain that authority, sufficient evidence that someone has committed a crime, is planning a crime, or is in the act of committing a crime, is presented to judge, and also sworn to by proper authorities. If valid, that judge would sign a court order granting the search & seizure. Since that is done on a case by case basis, it cannot be executed on the scale the TSA is doing it.

"... I mean nobody likes their 4th Amendment rights violated going through a security line; but, the truth of the matter is we're going to have to do it." – Morris McGowen, TSA Asst Administrator

I’m not saying do nothing. I want every flight to be safe, just like you. I just want the government to act only within the confine of the Constitution. If they cannot do what it needs to do under the Constitution, change the Constitution. Just keep it legal.

A government that ignores the limitations of the Constitution & routinely violates the rights of those who give their consent to be governed, is far more dangerous than any terrorist.
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MarkLawson View Post
    Where to start...

The "right to fly" issue is backward. We are given our rights by "our Creator". The purpose of the US Constitution is to guarantee those rights, not to grant them. The men who wrote it were very concerned about a federal government that would violate those rights. That same constitution also states that if it does not expressly grant the federal government an authority to do anything, that authority cannot be assumed by the federal government.

That brings in many questions concerning what is happening in the interest of airport security.

When looking at the Constitution, the question then becomes, under what constitutional authority does the TSA operate to do these searches. It likely would be in direct violation of the 4th Amendment, which protects us from unreasonable and unauthorized search and seizure. To gain that authority, sufficient evidence that someone has committed a crime, is planning a crime, or is in the act of committing a crime, is presented to judge, and also sworn to by proper authorities. If valid, that judge would sign a court order granting the search & seizure. Since that is done on a case by case basis, it cannot be executed on the scale the TSA is doing it.

"... I mean nobody likes their 4th Amendment rights violated going through a security line; but, the truth of the matter is we're going to have to do it." – Morris McGowen, TSA Asst Administrator

I’m not saying do nothing. I want every flight to be safe, just like you. I just want the government to act only within the confine of the Constitution. If they cannot do what it needs to do under the Constitution, change the Constitution. Just keep it legal.

A government that ignores the limitations of the Constitution & routinely violates the rights of those who give their consent to be governed, is far more dangerous than any terrorist.
    If you go into any Federal building you are scanned. Do you have a problem with that? I see no difference between the previous scan method and the new all body scan that is not performed on everybody. I'm all for profiling and full body scans if it is going to make me safe.

If you do not want to be safe or feel safe; go for it.

I also don't believe the framers of the Constitution had air travel and terroists in mind. And, how long would it take to change any part of the Constitution; hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, a long, long time.
    Last edited by wyliec; 11-21-2010 at 07:15 PM.

Spyder Garage

Where to start...

Interesting points, but when you purchase the ticket you have voluntarily agreed to being searched and thus no 4th Amendment violation. Ditto whenever you enter a courthouse or federal building.

The Constitution (thinking 10th Amendment but would have to check) does give the specific authority to to the Government to protect us from enemies -- both foreign and domestic.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

I think there should be two Separate flights,
    One ''only'' for those who don't want go though the new screening.
    [If you can find a crew willing to work that flight]
    And one ''only'' for those who are willing to go though the new screening.
    And see how that works out in a year or two!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    If you go into any Federal building you are scanned. Do you have a problem with that? I see no difference between the previous scan method and the new all body scan that is not performed on everybody. I'm all for profiling and full body scans if it is going to make me safe.

If you do not want to be safe or feel safe; go for it.

I also don't believe the framers of the Constitution had air travel and terroists in mind. And, how long would it take to change any part of the Constitution; hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, a long, long time.
    So, if changing the Constitution takes a long time, are you suggesting we should just disregard it? These new security procedures are instituted by non-elected officials within the Homeland Security Administration (Janet Napalitano). Our elected Representatives and Senators have had no say in this, although I am in hopes they will take this on.

We would do well to consider the words of Benjamin Franklin:

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post
    I think there should be two Separate flights,
    One ''only'' for those who don't want go though the new screening.
    [If you can find a crew willing to work that flight]
    And one ''only'' for those who are willing to go though the new screening.
    And see how that works out in a year or two!
    There you have it....freedom of choice! Methinks the first of the two flights would be empty.

Play Safe!!!

2010 RT.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

oops, I was about to post my opinion, and saw this starin me in the face......

"Off Topic Board Zero Tolerance- NO Political Post. Keep it clean and no personal attacks. Any profanity, sexual content or personal attacks or threats will be removed and the user may lose their privilege to use this site."

Borders on political, Ill pass.

Spyder Garage

Bottom line: If you do not want to comply, don't fly. You can walk, drive, bus, train, cab, etc. Safety is not for you, it's for anyone else wanting to fly safely.
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    Traded at 43,000 miles for a left over
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011
    Traded at 57,000 for a left over
    2014 RTS SE6 in 2015, which has 35,000 miles
    Oct 19th, 2017, totaled 2014 RT while killing a Javaline
    Dec 12th, 2017 drove a 2017 F3L home. What an awesome machine!

Never had any breakdown stranded issues.

Spyder Garage

So, if changing the Constitution takes a long time, are you suggesting we should just disregard it? These new security procedures are instituted by non-elected officials within the Homeland Security Administration (Janet Napalitano). Our elected Representatives and Senators have had no say in this, although I am in hopes they will take this on.

We would do well to consider the words of Benjamin Franklin:

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    I served in the military to preserve what we have. So, please don't lecture me. If you don't want to fly, don't fly. I agree with what Dudley said.

If you feel it's worth changing the Constitution, get in touch with your Congressman/woman. I don't feel it is worth it in this case. I also could care less what Ben had to say since I don't believe he ever saw bodies blown apart.
    Last edited by wyliec; 11-22-2010 at 01:21 PM.

Spyder Garage

I would like to see our airports have the security standards of Israel. AND there are no pending law suits in their courts about how strict they are. For them, if you don't want to be screened, don't fly.
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    Traded at 43,000 miles for a left over
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011
    Traded at 57,000 for a left over
    2014 RTS SE6 in 2015, which has 35,000 miles
    Oct 19th, 2017, totaled 2014 RT while killing a Javaline
    Dec 12th, 2017 drove a 2017 F3L home. What an awesome machine!

Never had any breakdown stranded issues.

Spyder Garage

Well hartford ct didnt have those scanners. Went through just fine. If they have them in tampa going home i will refuse them because i dont trust it health wise. Ill take the pat down after i gulp down a few drinks at the bar first.