Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyderfest "Passport Ride" info

I've had a few folks ask about the details on this Spyderfest event. I'll try and explain it the best I can and I'm sure Len will jump in and add or make corrections to this info. I'll fill in the blanks when Len tells me the details.

You'll be able to buy up to 10 Passports at CowTown for $5.00 a piece. These will look just like a real Passport and they will get stamped just like a real passport when you visit all the locations on the map that they give you. The more Passports you buy and get stamped the better your odds of winning. The locations will be throughout the town of Cuba. There will be someone at each location to stamp your Passports.

You can hunt down these places on your own or in a group if you like. There is no timeline other than it needs to be stamped out before the drawing. Last call for turning in your Passport will be 6pm on Sat. the 30th. The drawing will take place at the "After Party" at the Recklein Auditorium - map

You will have to have all 10 places stamped to be able to win the grand prize of a custom paint job for your Spyder from Farris Customs.

If you have any other questions about this game feel free to ask here. This should be fun and somebody is going to get a great paint job.

Spyder Garage

for anyone coming from out of state, when can the paint job get done.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.

pitbull

Looks like you got it 100% right Lamont! The passport rout this year will be alot of fun and where a large group of our door prizes will be given out! Right down to the grandprize winner the free custom paint job donated by farriscustoms, who has painted dozens of spyders for us cowtown USA. It's a fun simple rout you will recieve a map with all the locations of the stops, some of these even have spyderfest memorabilia avilable. We set up all our vendors this year free of charge we only ask that they donate doorprizes back for all of you! Bumble bee and a few others have been hard at work alnog with Lamont insuring that we have great stuff to give out!!! So make sure you get you passports they will be in limited numbers!

pitbull

Quote Originally Posted by rnet View Post
    for anyone coming from out of state, when can the paint job get done.
    Great questions! Danny farris will be aviable to speak with through out the entire event, also to be showing off some of his great work! Any one winning the paintjob and being out of state we will work with you, helping setup a time, or helping arange shipping panels back and forth. you Also can arrange to have extra stuff done. Right now the paint job is valued at up to 2500.00 so should have you pretty much covered, but you can always upgrade right :-)
    Last edited by pitbull; 11-15-2010 at 01:33 PM.

Spyder Garage

Question

does the $5 go toward charity? or it to cover costs of the event and prizes?

Spyder Garage

Spyderfest
    Happy Owner

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Passports

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I've had a few folks ask about the details on this Spyderfest event. I'll try and explain it the best I can and I'm sure Len will jump in and add or make corrections to this info. I'll fill in the blanks when Len tells me the details.

You'll be able to buy up to 10 Passports at CowTown for $5.00 a piece. These will look just like a real Passport and they will get stamped just like a real passport when you visit all the locations on the map that they give you. The more Passports you buy and get stamped the better your odds of winning. The locations will be throughout the town of Cuba. There will be someone at each location to stamp your Passports.

You can hunt down these places on your own or in a group if you like. There is no timeline other than it needs to be stamped out before the drawing. Last call for turning in your Passport will be 6pm on Sat. the 30th. The drawing will take place at the "After Party" at the Recklein Auditorium - map

You will have to have all 10 places stamped to be able to win the grand prize of a custom paint job for your Spyder from Farris Customs.

If you have any other questions about this game feel free to ask here. This should be fun and somebody is going to get a great paint job.
    BEWARE
    All though this has nothing to do about cotown passports but I just thought that I will ad my 2cents about passports.
    My wife and I booked a flight from PA To Oregon through United airlines. Paid for the flight by Credit Card. Thought that everyything was all right.
    Big Surprise. The next day we got a call from a person in INDIA wanting our passports numbers so we can get our tickets. To make a long story short, we were trasfered to a travel agent in India. That is why they needed our passports numbers. Lucky for us we canceled and received our money back. Watch where you make reservations. Just a word to the wise.

Spyder Garage

Thanks Lamont!

Any other contests going on in Spyderfest?
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by woodchuck View Post
    BEWARE
    All though this has nothing to do about cotown passports but I just thought that I will ad my 2cents about passports.
    My wife and I booked a flight from PA To Oregon through United airlines. Paid for the flight by Credit Card. Thought that everyything was all right.
    Big Surprise. The next day we got a call from a person in INDIA wanting our passports numbers so we can get our tickets. To make a long story short, we were trasfered to a travel agent in India. That is why they needed our passports numbers. Lucky for us we canceled and received our money back. Watch where you make reservations. Just a word to the wise.
    Didn't you get suspicious when there was a layover in Bombay??
    Sorry, could not help myself...
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:

pitbull

Quote Originally Posted by bullant12 View Post
    Thanks Lamont!

Any other contests going on in Spyderfest?
    Yes we have several contest going on. Atleast 10 that I think of of hand. We have spyders on the green, a bike show, chilli cook off, drag race, pancake cook off flippen contest, hooilgan games, Spyder triva, obstcale course, the passport rout.......... And by the way there not real passports just fun game ones! After wards you can have them back to keep. Lots going on plus bands and parades! Good times!!!

pitbull

Quote Originally Posted by clueless View Post
    does the $5 go toward charity? or it to cover costs of the event and prizes?
    We do have a charity event going on. But not on this one the 5 dollors does go to cover a very very small percenting of putting this on, and by no means covers any of the cost of the prizes! But we do have a charity event Friday night spyders on the green! In which 100% of your money that you want to donate goes directly to a charity that will be on site!

Spyder Garage

Awesome!! Getting excited everyday! And looking forward to meeting other spyderlovers!

Previously owned:

Spyder Garage

I am soooo stinkin' torn! We have a MINI Cooper event that we attend every year at Fontana Village, NC near the Tail of the Dragon and it is the same time as Spyderfest.

Dang it!!! I wanna go to Spyderfest too!!! I wish I had a stunt double or a clone, then I could go to both!
    Angela
    Suffolk, VA
    2009 Spyder GS
    Phantom Black Limited Edition #195
    "Newbie Spyder Owner"

Spyder Garage

I have been going to motorcycle rallies since 92. I have never seen so much enthusiasme about a get together as this one. I saw the comradery at SPITS but this is unbelievable. Can't wait for April.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by the pitbull buggy View Post
    So make sure you get you passports they will be in limited numbers!
    Can we/should we get them in advance? What do you mean by "limited numbers?"
    Or does this just mean get them on Wednesday or Thursday . Don't wait till Saturday.........
    -Samurai Mechanic-

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default THE COWTOWN PARTY

Is there anyword yet from BRP, about helping out and helping to promote it, like there get togethers. GOING TO BE AWSOME.

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by awood279 View Post
    I am soooo stinkin' torn! We have a MINI Cooper event that we attend every year at Fontana Village, NC near the Tail of the Dragon and it is the same time as Spyderfest.

Dang it!!! I wanna go to Spyderfest too!!! I wish I had a stunt double or a clone, then I could go to both!
    Spyders or mini cooper?? Decision to make on which to attend is not a Spyder problem. Hint hint..

Spyder Garage

Smile

Pitbull and Lamont ... check with Works Performance (ask for Tom the sales manager). he usually answers the main phone number when you call in...

he said he probably can not make it out but maybe able to issue you guys some gift certificates for door prizes....

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Passports

Didn't you get suspicious when there was a layover in Bombay??
    Sorry, could not help myself...
    Our flight was from Wilkes-Barre PA To Chicago and then to Oregon. We were not scheluded to leave the USA

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by clueless View Post
    Pitbull and Lamont ... check with Works Performance (ask for Tom the sales manager). he usually answers the main phone number when you call in...

he said he probably can not make it out but maybe able to issue you guys some gift certificates for door prizes....

Thanks clueless

Woo-Hoo!
    Grand Prize is a Custom Paint job by Daniel
    Daniel is the one who painted my RT-S and Trailer!
    Leaving his house with my matching Trailer.
    Super job!
    "Happy Spyder Owner"
    2010 RTS PE 0174

Custom Plates & paint,
    ESI Triple play,mud flap lights,Fender tips/amber,Green Filter,Dayrunner/turn signals,Shortee Antenna,Scuff Guards,LED Brake Lights & 2 in 1 Harness,Brightsides & rear,Glo-ryders/amber,Kewlmetal inside trunk lightz,Garmin 660,Garmin Hood,Volt Meter & Oil Pressure Gauge,Utopia Backrest,IPS Key,ISCI Brake Pedal,Dual side/tall flag poles,SPYDERPOPS Heat Guard

http://www.farriscustoms.com

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BumbleBee View Post
    Thanks clueless

Woo-Hoo!
    Grand Prize is a Custom Paint job by Daniel
    Daniel is the one who painted my RT-S and Trailer!
    Leaving his house with my matching Trailer.
    Super job!
    Thank you Bumblebee!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Painter Dan View Post
    Thank you Bumblebee!!
    Nice work! I may do the Passport game after all...

Previously owned:

pitbull

Nice work! I may do the Passport game after all...
    You'll be glad you did! Theres alot going on, on it! To the tune of prizes and cool things to see. And remeber you don't have to do it all at once!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by the pitbull buggy View Post
    You'll be glad you did! Theres alot going on, on it! To the tune of prizes and cool things to see. And remeber you don't have to do it all at once!
    I am sure we will be doing the Passport ride and enjoying every bit of it. I can't wait for this whole event. I get more excited every time I read one of these threads.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

Len, love your new avitar!
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.