Spyder Garage

Default New Leaf Vac....SUCKS.

My old Agra-Fab leaf sucker was due for a replacement-- so this is what I went with.

Called a Hasty Vac, made by a company in Indiana-- you can google Hasty Vac and find them.

Gotta say that this unit really SUCKS-- lol. Works great, built like a tank. Detaches in 30 seconds. Dump from the seat is a real time saver!

This model works well with zero-turn mowers, but they make all different kinds of vacs. I plan on this unit lasting a long time! Anyone looking for a good lawn vac--- I would check these units out.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

I like the way it dumps, although the capacity appears to be a bit smaller than the Agri-Fab. Beats digging load after load of leaves out by hand.

Maybe I should look into one.....or maybe I should just scrounge enough parts off your old Agri-Fab to keep mine going.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    I like the way it dumps, although the capacity appears to be a bit smaller than the Agri-Fab. Beats digging load after load of leaves out by hand.

Maybe I should look into one.....or maybe I should just scrounge enough parts off your old Agri-Fab to keep mine going.
    lol--- sold it to a neighbor for $200. It still ran fine-- my back just couldn't handle the raking out of the agri-fab unit. That thing never would empty easy even if I used the tilt feature.

The other reason I went this route is the Agri-fab unit just wasn't meant to be pulled behind a zero-turn--

This unit seems to mulch better than old unit, but doesn't hold as much for sure-- but the dumping is SO much easier that I don't mind the extra trips back to my dumping hole.

I opted for the Honda engine on this one--- man do they make nice engines for lawn equipment!

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    lol--- sold it to a neighbor for $200. It still ran fine-- my back just couldn't handle the raking out of the agri-fab unit. That thing never would empty easy even if I used the tilt feature.

The other reason I went this route is the Agri-fab unit just wasn't meant to be pulled behind a zero-turn--

This unit seems to mulch better than old unit, but doesn't hold as much for sure-- but the dumping is SO much easier that I don't mind the extra trips back to my dumping hole.

I opted for the Honda engine on this one--- man do they make nice engines for lawn equipment!
    I don't even tilt mine any more, just climb in and drag the leaves out by hand. A rake would kill me! It is a workout, nonetheless. I have used a walk behind blower, my backpack blower, a walk behind vac, and the trailer vac. The trailer vac is by far the best...and the older I get, the better it is. Eventually I will need to get a replacement, but the Agri-Fab has served me very well.

+1 on the Honda engine.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

After living in ME, MA and CT for 50 years, we moved to Las Vegas 10 years ago Greatest day was when I gave my mower, rakes, shovels and snowblower to my nephew. What an amusing conversation you guys are having...continue...;-)

Spyder Garage

10-4 on the Honda engines. I have one on my pressure washer and am getting a new generator with one. I swore by Briggs, still do, but Honda has them beat

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

Hubby was out with our backpack leaf blower today. We have never had a "big" vac such as you pictured. I see trouble trying to hook one to our John Deere zero turn. I suppose that's get's us to buy more John Deere products! Anyway, leaf season is always a pain for us. We have to haul our leaves off our property. Ron was only blowing them into a pile in order to get them onto a laid down tarp so he could put the tarp corners together and flip the whole thing up into the bed of our pickup truck. Inefficient when I see something like you pictured. Well, it used to be "me" doing leaves all by myself before hubby retired. My back has long since paid me back for such ridiculous activities! I hope hubby lasts for the time we live in this property. I'm usesless now after two disc ruptures.

Happy vacuuming!!!
    Last edited by DynamoBT; 11-13-2010 at 06:34 PM.
    Marilyn

Spyder Garage

Were "high Tech" we use a large sheet, rake and take to road. The town "Sucker " comes by everyones house and goobles em up!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Hey, Dynamo, check out a Cyclone Rake, they load and unload with the same blower.

john

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    My old Agra-Fab leaf sucker was due for a replacement-- so this is what I went with.

Called a Hasty Vac, made by a company in Indiana-- you can google Hasty Vac and find them.

Gotta say that this unit really SUCKS-- lol. Works great, built like a tank. Detaches in 30 seconds. Dump from the seat is a real time saver!

This model works well with zero-turn mowers, but they make all different kinds of vacs. I plan on this unit lasting a long time! Anyone looking for a good lawn vac--- I would check these units out.
    Hmm...seems like you need to make a visit to Lansing!

Number One: 2008 Yellow GS SM5. I love my Spyder.
    Number Two: 2012 RT-S Limited (the poop colored RT) I still have Number One, but Some Girl made me buy Number Two...

Spyder Garage

Ain't allergies wonderful -- I have a lawn service.
    Saves me the hassle of a trip to the doc after doing yard work.
    Bill
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Gulf Coast Spyder Ryders -- look for us in the Ryder Group/Club shortcut on the homepage.

New Ryders always welcome!!!