Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Winter Storage for your Spyder

Hello Spyder Fam!!

This is my first year with my Spyder so I was wondering how you all winterized your spyder. Also wondering for those of you who dont have a shed like myself how do you all protect it from throughout the Winter/snow months and where should I purchase such equipment.

Hope to hear any ideas or suggestions really soon.

Spyder Garage

I would fill the tank full of gas and treat it with seafoam. If you are going to park it outside, I would park it on 2x8s or plywood to keep the tires off the ground. Then I would cover it to keep the critters out and keep it dry. If you can put a battery tender on it that would be my recommendation, otherwise make sure it is charged before you park it. Make sure the cover is tight so it doesn't flap in the wind and mar the finish or windshield. Some say that mothballs will repel mice, so you might consider putting a box of them out. Most important, change the oil when you get it out in the spring.
    Longlegs rides again.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Thanks

Very Helpful thank you!!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Winter Storage

LeLe:

Also make sure you plug Exhaust Pipe to keep mice out as well. If you get a cover from BRP and have the Highway Windshield it will not be a good fit, but if you have the half moon windshield it will be okay with that one. I made the purchase before I checked it out, but I still use it anyway to cover when outside. Or you could always take to Florida to store for the winter.

Rodger