Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: insurance rates

Spyder Garage

Default insurance rates

I know this has been talked about forever but I thought i would just share that i go tmy new insurance bill from progressive. this is the first bike I ever had

first year was 480
    second year was 450
    just got my renewal for 225! cut in half!
    EXTREMELY HAPPY OWNER

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by brutus450 View Post
    I know this has been talked about forever but I thought i would just share that i go tmy new insurance bill from progressive. this is the first bike I ever had

first year was 480
    second year was 450

I would call them and ask if they made a mistake on the renewal

Spyder Garage

Default Coverage??

Especially look to see if they dropped part of your coverage.. i.e. that the price is apples to apples....
    220,000 Mile Spyder Ryder, IBA Premier member #59352, Saddlesore 1000 (11), Bun Burner 1500 (3), Saddlesore 2000 (2), Bun Burner Gold, MILEEATER SILVER

Spyder Garage

nope....all the same coverage!

they told me it would go down after 2 years experience
    EXTREMELY HAPPY OWNER

Spyder Garage

Beware! Progressive has been known for this type of scam. Check you coverage and make sure you are getting everything you were in the past. Also, make sure your deductibles are the same.

Spyder Garage

something smells fishy c y a program
    SPYDRRR

Spyder Garage

SCAM???? REALLY???? One one the leading insurance companies LOWERS my rates after 2 years of experience, keeps the same coverage and deductible and this is a scam? damn I feel cheated. Someone with w perfect record, excell credit, no tickets or accidents gets a great rate and has to get bashed and questioned becuase once again like every other positive post on this sight gets rediculed because no one likes to talk about anything positive or feel good about someone elses positive attitude.

wow................I think I smell fish right here on this site
    EXTREMELY HAPPY OWNER

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Havasu Rider View Post
    Beware! Progressive has been known for this type of scam. Check you coverage and make sure you are getting everything you were in the past. Also, make sure your deductibles are the same.
    I've never heard this before. I've been with Progressive for 6 years on bikes and about 9 years on our motor home. In the motor home area they are famous for great customer service.
    Dan

Spyder Garage

Wish mine would go down .Same Co. for 3 years and still pay 900. It was hard to find an insurance Co. that would insure a motorcycle for under a 1,000 .
    Happy Owner

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Please do me a favor and check one thing on your policy... Is the renewal for a year... or just six months? Companies are switching to six month policies so that if they file for and receive a rate increase they can pass it on to the consumer quicker...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Please do me a favor and check one thing on your policy... Is the renewal for a year... or just six months? Companies are switching to six month policies so that if they file for and receive a rate increase they can pass it on to the consumer quicker...
    And keep in mind that many here are just looking out for YOUR best intrests and not being negative.
    ".........regrets are only memories written across my brow, and there's nothing I can do about it now......" Wille Nelson

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I sell this crap so maybe I'm just a bit more aware of some of the little things that might be missed by someone who's not looking at policies 5 days a week...

Spyder Garage

I just got a notice from progressive that my rate would drop too.
    I think it is not because of your experience but because of Progressives experience with the the Spyder. It takes a couple of years to create the statistics they use to rate individual vehicles.
    It is not that a Spyder is cheap to insure. I sold 2 bikes to buy a Spyder. My insurance was about the same for the Spyder as it was for both bikes.
    When it goes down it will be about the same as one of the bikes (Both cruisers not sport bikes)
    (Yes Insurance Companies Cover their own Arses) They will rate something new as high risk until they have stats (which take a couple years) Stats come in and Spyder gets risk reduction.

Seems pretty straight forward to me .....
    -Samurai Mechanic-

Spyder Garage

manitoba rural 1600.00 for 5 months, 2010 rts

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

American Modern Home Insurance... $540 for a year's worth of coverage for full coverage on my RT A&C
    100/300/100 liability
    Comp and Collison deductibles at $250

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RShrimp View Post
    I think it is not because of your experience but because of Progressives experience with the the Spyder. It takes a couple of years to create the statistics they use to rate individual vehicles.
    It is not that a Spyder is cheap to insure. I sold 2 bikes to buy a Spyder. My insurance was about the same for the Spyder as it was for both bikes.
    When it goes down it will be about the same as one of the bikes (Both cruisers not sport bikes)
    (Yes Insurance Companies Cover their own Arses) They will rate something new as high risk until they have stats (which take a couple years) Stats come in and Spyder gets risk reduction.

My foremost went from $480 the 1st year to $400 which I just paid.
    I hope the trend continues?

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

I have Foremost as well. State Farm would not even consider me. I had been with them 40 years. Now I'm with another company due to State Farms games with homeowners insurance.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

first year was 480
    second year was 450
    Quote Originally Posted by RShrimp View Post

I just paid my second year premiums for both Spyders a month ago. My rates were a little cheaper, even with the addition of road side assistance for this year. I am hoping they keep going down as well. It cost me just under a grand to insure both Spyders.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

SCAM???? REALLY???? One one the leading insurance companies LOWERS my rates after 2 years of experience, keeps the same coverage and deductible and this is a scam? damn I feel cheated. Someone with w perfect record, excell credit, no tickets or accidents gets a great rate and has to get bashed and questioned becuase once again like every other positive post on this sight gets rediculed because no one likes to talk about anything positive or feel good about someone elses positive attitude.

wow................I think I smell fish right here on this site
    Congrats, and shame on you others, you know who you are.
    Hindle exhaust, Kewlmetal K&N intake + prefilter, Kuryakyn widow pegs, Kuryakyn grips, Madstad 20in. windshield, Juice Box, 02Modifier, Kewlmetal backrest and carrier, missing air dam, missing belt shield, 1" riser, Kewlmetal handlebar risers,Evoluzione sway bar, Street Magic/Day Runner Pucks, Glo Riders Amsoil, 10w40, Rons performance wires

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Campverdefela View Post
    Congrats, and shame on you others, you know who you are.

Someone always has to rain on someone elses parade.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think that maybe we're all just a bit gun-shy about what we see when the envelope for our insurance shows up... There's no doubt that our Spyders are too new for the companies to have sorted out what the loss frequency and severity rates will be...
    When Brutus posted that his rate was cut in half, we probably all thought, "Why the heck can't MY company do that??"
    Maybe someday they will...

Spyder Garage

What you pay for insurance is based on a lot of factors, location, driving record, credit record, whether you bundel them or not with other policies, etc. One cannot base what they pay with someone else.
    Hindle exhaust, Kewlmetal K&N intake + prefilter, Kuryakyn widow pegs, Kuryakyn grips, Madstad 20in. windshield, Juice Box, 02Modifier, Kewlmetal backrest and carrier, missing air dam, missing belt shield, 1" riser, Kewlmetal handlebar risers,Evoluzione sway bar, Street Magic/Day Runner Pucks, Glo Riders Amsoil, 10w40, Rons performance wires

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Campverdefela View Post
    What you pay for insurance is based on a lot of factors, location, driving record, credit record, whether you bundel them or not with other policies, etc. One cannot base what they pay with someone else.
    Very true, but if one owner posts that certain company is lowering their rates on his Spyder, then others of us who are with that same company can surely hope the same thing happens to us.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderWolf View Post
    Very true, but if one owner posts that certain company is lowering their rates on his Spyder, then others of us who are with that same company can surely hope the same thing happens to us.
    Usually when a insurance co.lowers a rate its location specific such as a particular state, I know because it just happen to me but in reverse.

Spyder Garage

I also have Progressive and it was greatly reduced this month. Same exact policy I've had for the last two years, but about half the price.
    Old Spyder Mods:
    No Magic Neon Triple Play II, Leo Vince SBK Exhaust, MMG Backrest, BRP Seat Skin, XOPRODOX Grips & Throttle Rocker, Paint By Tallant's Hot Rods, Kewl Metal Air Filter, Juice Box, Evoluzione O2 Mod, DEI Titanium Exhaust Wrap, Ride Wright Mojo Wheels and Pulley, Custom Handlebars, Relocated Ignition Switch, Madstad Robo Brackets, Evoluzione Swaybar, RT Shocks/Springs, Toyo R1R, Odyssey Battery, Lowered Shock Mount, SFB Floorboards, Fenderless w/ Custom License Bracket.