Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Here is what has been working for me. I do not use any heated gear--I just don't like being wired into the bike.

I own both leather and textile Can Am jackets--the heavy ones with the removable liners.

I also own Firstgear Textiles: have two different color outfits and two pair Firstgear textile pants. Once again, the heavy ones with the removable liners.

Have a pair of Rev-it engineerd skin leather pants with the waterproof liner--these work very good in the rain--tested thouroughly last summer.

For warm weather riding (not very often here), I have a Gericke Mesh Tex Jacket, and two perforated leather jackets (Firstgear)

Also have a Hein Geirke leather jacket (circa 1984) with removable liner--still looks and feels like new. Also a Fieldsheer classic studded leather jacket.

Regular leather engineer type riding boots and Sidi waterproof boots for wet riding.

I like leather mostly for riding my or my vulcan. Mostly wear leather pants or chaps if warmer.

When it is rainy or cold--out comes the firstgear textiles with liners.

I ride as much as I can--rain or shine. This year beginning March 3, and lasting until first snow on the roads--usually mid to late October--last year Oct 30th, the bikes got parked for the winter. Temp ranges 15 above zero to 70 plus.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 05-31-2011 at 01:23 PM.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red