Spyder Garage

Default No more 2 bros pipe

Bike in shop for the new DPS - picking up tomorrow. Dealer told me my pipe is crappy - "hogged out" he said where the rivets are, leaking, rattling, etc. POS pipe - only had it two years. So what else can I put on there? I like the way the 2 bros lined up on the Spyder - it was totally horizontal - it had a "slant" to it and it followed the lines of the Spyder. I don't need a loud pipe but I'm not gonna put that tootsie roll looking stock pipe back on there.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

HMF was my choice for the RS. Great price and they last. I have had them on quads for up to 4 years with no issues. Here is a link for them.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HMF-E...Q5fAccessories

Spyder Garage

I went with the leo vince and love it. So far, no problems.
    Old Spyder Mods:
    No Magic Neon Triple Play II, Leo Vince SBK Exhaust, MMG Backrest, BRP Seat Skin, XOPRODOX Grips & Throttle Rocker, Paint By Tallant's Hot Rods, Kewl Metal Air Filter, Juice Box, Evoluzione O2 Mod, DEI Titanium Exhaust Wrap, Ride Wright Mojo Wheels and Pulley, Custom Handlebars, Relocated Ignition Switch, Madstad Robo Brackets, Evoluzione Swaybar, RT Shocks/Springs, Toyo R1R, Odyssey Battery, Lowered Shock Mount, SFB Floorboards, Fenderless w/ Custom License Bracket.

Spyder Garage

Kim,

This is the one we had on our SE5 that you saw.

I like the sound of this pipe as much as any I have ever heard.
    http://www.esicycleproducts.com/exhaust.html

MM
    [URL="http://www.esicycleproducts.com/"]

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post
    HMF was my choice for the RS. Great price and they last. I have had them on quads for up to 4 years with no issues. Here is a link for them.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HMF-E...Q5fAccessories

Love my Carbon fiber HMF. Reasonable price, great sound, great build-- and they do repacks for $35.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

I'm looking at getting the CF HMF pipe myself.
    We are a happy THREE Spyder family!
    My Rides: 2008 Quantum Blue Premier Edition Spyder GS SM5 (#1344)
    2015 Pearl White / Red Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM6
    2016 Intense Pearl Red Can-Am Spyder F3-T SE6
    2019 Chevrolet Volt (ER-EV)
    2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport X 4.0L I-6

RETIRED Owner / Event Coordinator - Annual Western Regional Can-Am Spyder Rallies
    Spyders in the Redwoods and Red Rock Spyder Rally of Southern Utah

The West Coast's Can-Am Spyder Community Ambassador
    2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Smylinacha View Post
    Bike in shop for the new DPS - picking up tomorrow. Dealer told me my pipe is crappy - "hogged out" he said where the rivets are, leaking, rattling, etc. POS pipe - only had it two years. So what else can I put on there? I like the way the 2 bros lined up on the Spyder - it was totally horizontal - it had a "slant" to it and it followed the lines of the Spyder. I don't need a loud pipe but I'm not gonna put that tootsie roll looking stock pipe back on there.

Just in case you didn't, do not call two bros, they will tell you that the single was made but will not hold up and to eat a d.

What a compete screw job they did on everyone who bought this. I have ate all the exhausts I have I used to date, even the leo vince will not hold up to constant "spirited" use. I will tell you that the leo vince did hold up the best and I am still using it,got a hot spot and had to weld around the 90 pipe so the can did not crush itself on the 90. I have not tested a HMF exhaust but would run one thru the paces if they wanted me too.
    I am existing right now, would give anything to live again. Fix my sci and you have everything I own.

crash tester for:

www.industrialspecialty.com

http://pitbullpowersportsinc.com/pbp/home.html the best dealer on the planet, sure wish I lived closer.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Man View Post
    Kim,

This is the one we had on our SE5 that you saw.

I like the sound of this pipe as much as any I have ever heard.
    http://www.esicycleproducts.com/exhaust.html

MM
    I would have gone with this pipe, if it was listed instead of the 2 bro's single can. I checked before placing my order and than after seeing a post about pipes, saw it and asked WizardMaster about it. He said they just listed it, after testing it for a year. Darn!

When the 2 Bro's goes, I'll order this one next.
    Last edited by PCBeachBum; 10-22-2010 at 04:40 AM.
    Happy Spyder Owner

2008 SM5, Trunk Liner, 2" Block Riser, ESI 3" Risers, Evoluzione Cycle o2 Sensor Mod, Corbin Seat and Large Oval Backrest, Madstad RoboBrackets and 24" Clear Windshield, Chrome Clear Catseye LED Tail/Brake/License Plate Light, Brake Strobe, Kuryakyn Grips, Kewlmetals Performance Air kit, Custom Dynamic Orange LED's, Spyder 1 Attitude Performance Exhaust RSS-18-B, Day Runners, Day Pucks, Rivco Highway Pegs, ESI Mirror Extensions, Rivco Floorboards.

Spyder Garage

What does the spx sound like....can we get a sound clip vs stock? or some kind of comparison?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SethO View Post
    Just in case you didn't, do not call two bros, they will tell you that the single was made but will not hold up and to eat a d.

What a compete screw job they did on everyone who bought this. I have ate all the exhausts I have I used to date, even the leo vince will not hold up to constant "spirited" use. I will tell you that the leo vince did hold up the best and I am still using it,got a hot spot and had to weld around the 90 pipe so the can did not crush itself on the 90. I have not tested a HMF exhaust but would run one thru the paces if they wanted me too.
    You can get the Carbon Fiber HMF for around $300 -- and the non-carbon fiber in any color for around $200 and they have the 90 built in. They're really popular in the ATV world-- so they're used to taking a beating.

I'm really liking mine!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SethO View Post

Glad to hear the dual Two Bros is more robust.

Have you tried the dual TB yet?
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderGirl View Post

You may have issues due to your bags. I had to do some modifications to get mine to work well with the GIVI bag setup---- I'm not sure how your Corbin bags deal with the exhaust--- but just be prepared that you may need to modify your exhaust bracket to get it to fit correctly.

Mine was too close in to the swing-arm and came down on the parking brake. If you ask them about it they will just say they have not tested them with bags installed....but you're really good at wrenching so I'm sure you can get it to work.....

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderGirl View Post
    I added a 1.5 inch long piece of aluminum strap to lower the pipe just a little to clear the Givi bags and added heat tape to the bottom of the bag. No issues for me other than doing that. The tape was just a precaution

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) SPYDER4FUN's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I like my two bros dual carbon fiber pipes & have had them on for about 2 years now ... I just had them re wrapped because I was told they would last longer by doing that ... they do fit nice on the spyder
    HAPPY SPYDER RYDER

4 FUN

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Smylinacha View Post
    Dealer told me my pipe is crappy - "hogged out" he said where the rivets are, leaking, rattling, etc. POS pipe - only had it two years.
    What exactly does "hogged out" mean?

Sounds like the canister just needs to be repacked and riveted. Am I over simplifying this?
    2009 SM5 Phantom - TwoBro's Exhaust, Juice Box Pro, aFe Synthetic Filter, MotoAir "airbag" Jacket, Evo Sway Bar

Spyder Garage

you can't beat my scorpions, for low rumble super sound , just like a good old BSA 650. No packing, super lite wheight