Spyder Garage

Default Lamont's IPS Key Holder

I met with Lamont at Biketoberfest in Daytona yesterday and bought one of his IPS Key Holders. Man that thing sure is (and I'm telling on my age) snazzy looking. It really goes well with my black RT-S. I think it was well worth the $60.00 spent.

Chris PE# 0004

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Cool!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MouthPiece View Post
    I met with Lamont at Biketoberfest in Daytona yesterday and bought one of his IPS Key Holders. Man that thing sure is (and I'm telling on my age) snazzy looking. It really goes well with my black RT-S. I think it was well worth the $60.00 spent.

Chris PE# 0004
    It's really worth it when he puts it together for you.

Spyder Garage

Default I BOUGHT

2 OF THEM THEY LOOK GREAT [ ONE FOR MY SONS BIKE ]
    NICE JOB LAMOUNT..........
    SPYDRRR

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Really looks nice

Spyder Garage

Default IPS

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderSteve View Post
    Really looks nice
    I really think they look cool also--but mine jiggles/vibrates going down the road. It doesn't appear to be working itself out, but just wondering what it is doing to the key slot.

WE DON'T QUIT PLAYING BECAUSE WE GROW OLD; WE GROW OLD BECAUSE WE QUIT PLAYING

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLACK WIDOW View Post
    I really think they look cool also--but mine jiggles/vibrates going down the road. It doesn't appear to be working itself out, but just wondering what it is doing to the key slot.
    Is it the key moving in the ignition switch or in the IPS? If the key is moving in the IPS, try loosening the two screws and repositioning the head of the key. I know when Lamont did mine, he made sure there was no movement of the key in the IPS. Just a thought.

Spyder Garage

Default IPS

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    Is it the key moving in the ignition switch or in the IPS? If the key is moving in the IPS, try loosening the two screws and repositioning the head of the key. I know when Lamont did mine, he made sure there was no movement of the key in the IPS. Just a thought.
    The key in the IPS is very tight. The movement is in the ignition switch, guess the added mass of the IPS is the reason for the movement.

Spyder Garage

Default Key

Bought 2. One for the rt and 1 for the rts. The look awesome out of the box. Should install this week.

Vwatso

Spyder Garage

The key in the IPS is very tight. The movement is in the ignition switch, guess the added mass of the IPS is the reason for the movement.
    This unit it about half the weight of the one I had on my RS for over 40K miles and that one had way more play than this one and I had no issues. I have very little movement on my RT or RS. You may have a vibration or something that is showing up in the key. If you're concerned you could put a small piece of foam under the the cover, that's what I had on the prototype one I had.

Spyder Garage

Glad you guys like it and it was good to see you all again.

Spyder Garage

Default IPS

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    This unit it about half the weight of the one I had on my RS for over 40K miles and that one had way more play than this one and I had no issues. I have very little movement on my RT or RS. You may have a vibration or something that is showing up in the key. If you're concerned you could put a small piece of foam under the the cover, that's what I had on the prototype one I had.
    Thanks Lamont----Don't think there is any excessive vibration from the Spyder--But the foam sounds like a good idea to me. Where would you put the foam to not interfere with the operation of the trunk latch?
    BTW I really like the looks and operation of the IPS--is a very high quality piece.
    Last edited by BLACK WIDOW; 10-17-2010 at 09:21 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default UPDATE

Thanks Lamont----Don't think there is any excessive vibration from the Spyder--But the foam sounds like a good idea good to me. Where would you put the foam to not interfere with the operation of the trunk latch?
    BTW I really like the looks and operation of the IPS--is a very high quality piece.
    I tried the foam rubber trick and it works fine---Virtually removes all the IPS movement in the key slot. I just put two small pieces of foam rubber on the plate that holds the key in and it works fine.

Spyder Garage

I tried the foam rubber trick and it works fine---Virtually removes all the IPS movement in the key slot. I just put two small pieces of foam rubber on the plate that holds the key in and it works fine.
    I too have a little movement with mine so thanks for the advise. BTW I love my IPS.
    Hindle exhaust, Kewlmetal K&N intake + prefilter, Kuryakyn widow pegs, Kuryakyn grips, Madstad 20in. windshield, Juice Box, 02Modifier, Kewlmetal backrest and carrier, missing air dam, missing belt shield, 1" riser, Kewlmetal handlebar risers,Evoluzione sway bar, Street Magic/Day Runner Pucks, Glo Riders Amsoil, 10w40, Rons performance wires

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I love my IPS....it looks great and nobody knows what it really is!!!!!Thanks Lamont

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder