Thread: TRIP BREAKDOWN

Spyder Garage

Default TRIP BREAKDOWN

left methuen mass on at 5 am on the 22nd of sept. on our way to lamont's it was a nice warm new england day rode about 700 miles stopped overnight at hotel .... left hotel on the 23rd and rode to lamont's ...( got a room in bulls gap honeymoon room w/jaccuzzi) very nice .... lamont's was great as always mingled a bit .... met people on forum face to face .... food was awesome and of course our host was great as always .... next morning we headed back over to lamonts to say good by then we were off to florida to see my kids they had no idea we were coming it was great... bikes ran great only problem i had was backfiring when hot we got stuck in traffic in atlanta for an hour and they had a record breaking heat that day .... also if i left my head set plugged in when we stopped i would get DPS code on bike i guess they draw quite a bit of power... dee's spyder did the same once unplugged and sat for a bit it cleared ... after visiting my kids (in brooksville fl about 50 miles north of tampa we crossed the state went all the way down to ft lauderdale to visit a friend of mine that used to own a couple harley dealerships ... it was great to see him again ... stayed with him a couple days and off we went to come home ...it was tropical storm like rain in florida my trailer started to hydroplane... dee said she could see it move side to side like it was on ice then the bugs hitting us like rocks covered the face shield and bikes ... we made a couple more stops on the way home it rained so bad that at night there was no visibility ... we arrived home friday night at 10pm at the end of dee's street there is a huge rock with a redsox logo painted on it ... i have never been sooo happy to see that rock ... i got in the house we put the dog on the couch she fell right to sleep ... i went up stairs peeled my wet cloths of in bathroom put on my sweatpant and shirt and joined the dog....the 3 of us made it home i still miss my kids and friend and all of you that i met ... the spyder is an amazing vehicle... severe heat...bugs....cold ....wet...humid....distance......speed.....it handled it all ...
    will we do it again? i dont think so ... but you never know... not so much for the ride but spent more time riding than we did visiting .... and i give cudos to all of you that ride like that all the time ...i consider myself in good shape for almost 50 and it beat the hell out of me ... and i'm directing it to you forest your older than me (by a couple years ) and you handle the long distance well ...

THOSE WHO LIVE BY THE SWORD DIE BY THE SWORD... BUT...THOSE WHO MASTER THE SWORD SURVIVE BY THE SWORD....
    Rev. J. Proctor
    reverendproctor.com

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

then the bugs hitting us like rocks covered the face shield and bikes ...

Those are called "love bugs" down here, and best you get them off your spyder fairly quickly. They do eat the paint. We had so many this year that my teeth looked like I had black spinach in them.

Chris PE# 0004

Spyder Garage

Default glad you made it home safe

also glad you enjoyed our state so much , Brooksville is a really nice place to live . [nice town ] as for the bugs and rain,heat well welcome to Fla.
    SPYDRRR

Spyder Garage

Jamie - cool report - cool events, cool ryding! Thanks for sharing!

the spyder is an amazing vehicle... severe heat...bugs....cold ....wet...humid....distance......speed.....it handled it all ...

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad you had a good trip, it was nice meeting you at Lamont's. Your dog looks very happy to be home again.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Nice trip report
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

Heck of a trip man. Nice job to both of you... and your little dog too!!! (queue wicked witch laughter from"Wizard of Oz"!!)

Seiously though, that was a real road trip. You guys did good. We (my Wife and I) have not done a big trip like that yet but hope to get one in before too long so we can experience it as well.
    "Life must be understood backward. But it must be lived forward."

'09 Phantom GS (#14) (Gone but not forgotten) and 2010 RS-S

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by docdoru View Post
    Nice trip report

Spyder Garage

Was nice to meet you again at the BBQ. Glad you made it home safe and had a great trip. A little rain never hurt anyone!
    WackyDan - Fun, not crazy.
    Charlotte (Matthews), NC
    Silver Moon SM5 - V35 and V46 Givis, CHAD, Motolight 35w steering lights, Dash Powerlets, Helibar risers, Garage door opener, Eastern Beaver PC-8, Digital voltmeter, Kewl Metal Intake, Evoluzione Sway Bar, RT Shocks and Juice Box PRO.
    *Mower deck in development*
    2008 model -new in crate, April 09
    26,000 miles.

Looking for other Charlotte area riders to cruise with and compare Spyders.

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

Sounds like a great trip ! It was nice to meet the three of you again at Lamonts .
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear you had a good trip Jaime. You and Dee may say you aren't doing it again, but just wait until another great invitation comes along and you will forget all the bad...LOL Glad you got home safe and sound and got some rest.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.