Spyder Garage

Default ESI Day Runner Pucks Installed on American Flag Spyder

Most of you already know that I won the "Back to School" contest that MagicMan set up last month. Well, the Day Runner Pucks arrived, and we were able to get them installed just before heading to SitS. I did not want anymore forward facing white lights on my Spyder, so installed them on my wife's (Love2Ride) instead.

The installation was pretty straight forward. To place them on the Spyder where you want them, use the 3M accelerator pad, peel off the protective backing, and press them into place. They come with a switch that allows you to turn them on and off, and that requires drilling a 3/8" inch hole in the black plastic console where you want to place it. Once that is done, it is just a matter of hooking the one connector into the very top of the Fender Tips circuit, and hooking the other connectors to the Pcuk leads. Then you can use the included zip ties in order to tidy things up a bit, and to keep the wires away from any hot parts of the engine and exhaust.

These give off quite a bit of light considering their small size. The color also fits in quite well with the other Day Runners and the Fender Tip LED lights.

Here is a picture of them in the off position:

This is a picture of them in the on position:

Those who met us at SitS know first hand how much light these put out at night. As Evan has stated before, it is very hard to capture it using a digital camera. I will have to see if I can get a decent video of it later.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

Default pretty cool stuf

SPYDRRR

Spyder Garage

Looks good!

I know what you mean. Digital cameras and LEDs just don't play well together.

The light from these at night helps quite a bit, and even with 4 HIDs in my Spyder (regular and fog light positions) these still add light to places the HIDs miss.

MM
    [URL="http://www.esicycleproducts.com/"]

Spyder Garage

Micheal, looks great on your wife's American flag. Thanks for sharing.

Spyder Garage

Looks great, I have them on mine now and couldn't be happier. Instalation was a breeze.
    ".........regrets are only memories written across my brow, and there's nothing I can do about it now......" Wille Nelson

Spyder Garage

I like mine too. I decided to just leave them on all the time so I didn't drill the hole and just tied the switch up inside the dash. The one thing I would do a little different is I would use a level and give myself a pencil mark on the trunk for a reference mark for getting both sides perfect. They are real close now but if I would have marked a line first I know they would be exact.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I like mine too. The one thing I would do a little different is I would use a level and give myself a pencil mark on the trunk for a reference mark for getting both sides perfect. They are real close now but if I would have marked a line first I know they would be exact.
    We now have a template for those that need one to help in getting placement of both sides the same everytime.

MM
    [URL="http://www.esicycleproducts.com/"]

Spyder Garage

Your Spyder is looking great. The lights are fantastic.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Man View Post
    We now have a template for those that need one to help in getting placement of both sides the same everytime.

MM
    Evan, the template you mention, it is a paper cutout or something similar, that for example be included in with the kit?

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I like mine too. I decided to just leave them on all the time so I didn't drill the hole and just tied the switch up inside the dash.
    Looks great Lamont!! I think I would setup it up so that it is on all the time, so I too, would not use or mount the switch, just leave it on all the time as soon as the key is switched on - by wiring to the fender tip lights as per the instructions, it seems.

thanks for sharing!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Man View Post

MM
    That will be a very helpful addition indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by dltang View Post
    Your Spyder is looking great. The lights are fantastic.
    Thanks, I will let Tanya know in case she doesn't see this thread herself.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

I like the pucks, but have a question. Do you also have the TIPZ kit installed?... and if so... since the fender tip lights flash with the turn signals (and you tie into that circuit), do the pucks also flash when a turn signal is actuated, or do they remain on?
    pe 792; Hindle, performance filter, O2 mod, custom seat, NMN risers, F1 Slider, cowl vents, cold air induction, Triple play, Tipz kit, highway pegs, Kury ISO pegs, grips and throttle lock, 3 gal aux Tour Tank on custom rack.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dryheat View Post
    I like the pucks, but have a question. Do you also have the TIPZ kit installed?... and if so... since the fender tip lights flash with the turn signals (and you tie into that circuit), do the pucks also flash when a turn signal is actuated, or do they remain on?
    Yes, the ESI Fender Tips kit is installed on this Spyder. The connection for the Day Runner Pucks is in place above the connections that make the fender tips flash; therefore they stay on all the time.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderWolf View Post
    Yes, the ESI Fender Tips kit is installed on this Spyder. The connection for the Day Runner Pucks is in place above the connections that make the fender tips flash; therefore they stay on all the time.

Awesome! Thanks! Just what I wanted... Order is goin' in.
    pe 792; Hindle, performance filter, O2 mod, custom seat, NMN risers, F1 Slider, cowl vents, cold air induction, Triple play, Tipz kit, highway pegs, Kury ISO pegs, grips and throttle lock, 3 gal aux Tour Tank on custom rack.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderWolf View Post
    Yep...I got it wrong when I installed mine. My D.R. Pucks blink when my right-hand blinker is on. Oh well...I'll fix that this weekend while it's raining.

As for the Day Runner Pucks...they rock! Great light without using lots of juice. I've also got the Dayrunners (amber) under the control arms and the Hyperbright (amber) fender tip bulbs. If someone can't see me coming, they're blind!

Number One: 2008 Yellow GS SM5. I love my Spyder.
    Number Two: 2012 RT-S Limited (the poop colored RT) I still have Number One, but Some Girl made me buy Number Two...