Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default NC Spyder dealers

Called my dealer, Yamaha of Lumberton, about the recall. They acted like they didn't know a lot about it. Then proceeded to tell me they do not have a certified sypder tech to do any work anyway! Guess I won't be dealing with these guys anymore! Powersports East in Goldsboro is the next closest dealer for me. I have spoken with them on the phone, and they seem to be pretty knowledgable about Syders and are willing to take over service on mine, including the recall. Has anyone dealt with this dealer? I want my favorite Spyder to be in good hands!

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

welcome
    Do not have the DPS replaced if the service is not Spyder certified.
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Performance East , has been doing my service and updates since i've been an owner and they are a pretty reliable dealer ... talk to Stuart and he'll get you taken care of Tell'em Vinnie sent ya !!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

For me and others Performance EAST is not a place to go during the summer or spring. This by talking to some unknown peeps that used to work there and currently still work there. There top priority are the bikes and 4wheelers coming out of busco. There are people there if you call to many times, they will move you down the list because of the lack of managment going on there lately. I had mine towed all the way there and got the same type of service until I talked to them at Busco and then there were like..ohh that is yours, yeah..get it fixed right away for you. That in mind is BS. I will either wait until late fall after they deal with the winterizing rush or will take it to Henderson. The one tech that did know how to get things done on our bikes is no longer there and has opened his own shop. I know Vinnie talks to these guys all the time and gets great services but it seems the majority that I have talked to, don't and get the run around all the time. I have seen the same spyder there for months, after asking what is up, they actually said, we just have not had time to work on it. Really..wow.
    Just saying..give them a shot but don't expect anything different you have gotten before. They work on very few street bikes and it shows as thier staff is not very aware that we use these bikes for our travels, not to use on the weekends. There is a difference.

Very Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

We have a few good dealers down here in Charlotte.

Lake Norman Power Sports, and Matthew's Fun Machines down on the south east side of Charlotte.

One down in Rock Hill, - heard good things, but haven't had to try them yet.
    WackyDan - Fun, not crazy.
    Charlotte (Matthews), NC
    Silver Moon SM5 - V35 and V46 Givis, CHAD, Motolight 35w steering lights, Dash Powerlets, Helibar risers, Garage door opener, Eastern Beaver PC-8, Digital voltmeter, Kewl Metal Intake, Evoluzione Sway Bar, RT Shocks and Juice Box PRO.
    *Mower deck in development*
    2008 model -new in crate, April 09
    26,000 miles.

Looking for other Charlotte area riders to cruise with and compare Spyders.

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

yeah..but nobody wants to go that far down south..might not come back. SC can suck people in down there. You know CHA will one day just slide into SC much like San Diego will slide into the ocean. Just saying..lol.

I will need to meet up with you soon. I am getting ready to work a big install in City Center in downtown and will be spending way too much time there. Will be taking the spyder so we can ride during the week after work.

Very Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder dealers

I purchased mine at and have had service done by Performance East in Goldsboro. I'm looking for another dealer and will go as far as I need to to find one. They don't know what they are doing on Spyders. I asked about bouncing fuel gauge, they said nothing wrong, guess what, there is. Patches is right, they will work on PWCs, 4 wheelers etc before they touch any street bike. Last time mine was in I found a big footprint on my seat, when I mentioned it, they acted as though nothing was wrong. It came from one of them kicking the side of the bike when they adjusted the front suspension. Take it for what it's worth...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by phantomlady View Post
    Called my dealer, Yamaha of Lumberton, about the recall. They acted like they didn't know a lot about it. Then proceeded to tell me they do not have a certified sypder tech to do any work anyway! Guess I won't be dealing with these guys anymore! !

I live 30 minutes from Lumberton, Yet drove almost 3 hours to Rock Hill, SC to buy my RT-S just for the reason you stated. Odd, because I've bought two vstars from Yamaha of Lumberton and it was a totally differant experience. Guess selling/servicing Spyders is not a priority for them. Sure wish that was not the case....would be very conveinant.

Spyder Bytes: Kury ISO Grips, GL1500 Windshield Vent w/ accent, Heel-Toe Shifter(inspectorgadget), HMT Brake Light, 12v outlet in frunk, GPS-Phone mount w/ case(techmounts.com), seat seal, Right Side Grill Covers(customdynamics.com), Fan Can10(ISCIrides.com), CAT Shields(SpyderPops.com), Elka Shocks, PressurePro TPMS, Cobra CB....and of course Cup Holders(mycupholders.com)

Spyder Garage

There's a dealership in Fayetteville, nc

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk