Spyder Garage

Default Turn signal elimination

I have Givi bags with the nmn light add ons. I also have a triple play with the led turn signals and a Corbin topbox with an add on center brake light. The take off Givi bag mounts use these stalks for the turn signals that rub up against the topbox and I want to eliminate them.

I'm replacing the Givi bag frame with the nonremovable version to get the bags tighter to the spyder and eliminate the stalks.

My question is- what challenge will I have in eliminating the stalk turn signals and converting the stock tail lights to running/turn signals off the triple play? I have the led conversion of the brake lights figured out and intend to use the standard turn signal connections to run them in the new config. I think the only thing this leaves as an issue is the unused brake light connections. They are used as part of the triple (and double play) connections and will also be used as part of my alarm connection. I read somewhere a burnt out taillight will throw an error. I want to avoid a nightmare.

Any advice is appreciated.
    Sam Mancuso

Our "his and hers" Spyders. Read more about them at theotherwheel.com

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I think esi has a kit exactly for this purpose. It was called "all in one" I believe.
    6 states down 42 states to go

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by aka1004 View Post
    I think esi has a kit exactly for this purpose. It was called "all in one" I believe.
    AKA, you are correct Sir! Here is the link:

http://www.esicycleproducts.com/spyd...dallinone.html

hope this helps!
    "Life must be understood backward. But it must be lived forward."

'09 Phantom GS (#14) (Gone but not forgotten) and 2010 RS-S

Spyder Garage

I'm aware of the all in one but have all of the elements I'll need between the triple play and the replacement LED bulbs I have for the existing brake light housings. I'll use the connections from the current turn signals to run the lights in the brake lights- giving me running, brake and turn signals in the back like I want. I then just need to "occupy" the current brake light connections.
    Sam Mancuso

Spyder Garage

When I got rid of the rear turn signals on 2333, I just left the plugs "un-occupied" and got no codes. I then had the side panels holes filled and the back end looks much smoother now.

Spyder Garage

Thanks 2333- that's what I ended up doing. No issues and I have exactly what I wanted! Really, the turn signals are routed to the bags so I didn't expect and issue anyway.
    Sam Mancuso