Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cluster glich

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by The_Spyderwoman View Post
    Well, I didn't know that there was any problem with any of them. Also, they were a gift - so I did not choose them.

With all of these comments; I realize that there is a difference.

So, I will definately try to get the ESI or what is best.

Has there been a problem with the ones CAN AM advertise? The xenon-HID?

Shouldn't be a problem with the official Can-Am ones--- other than they are WAY overpriced. They sell them with totally new lens units-- which is overkill.

While I'm using non-ESI HID's in mine and don't seem to have any big problems-- considering your situation--- I would get the ESI ones and give them a shot....

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post
    Not really. Havent seen any posts on them. The real question is what makes Can-am think thier lights are worth SO MUCH.
    Here is a set on Ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CAN-A...ssoriesQ5fGear
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Shouldn't be a problem with the official Can-Am ones--- other than they are WAY overpriced. They sell them with totally new lens units-- which is overkill.

While I'm using non-ESI HID's in mine and don't seem to have any big problems-- considering your situation--- I would get the ESI ones and give them a shot....
    Sounds like ESI is the way to go $$$wise. I may just get the CAN-AM ones just so problems [if they occur] can't be blamed on "third party" accessories. My dealer and I have been very patient with each other and alot of time spent on troubleshooting the root cause of this intermittent problem. At this time, there is no problem and I have all the stock lights back in. We've agreed with each other to try something else - AFTER - S I T S.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by The_Spyderwoman View Post
    Sounds like ESI is the way to go $$$wise. I may just get the CAN-AM ones just so problems [if they occur] can't be blamed on "third party" accessories. My dealer and I have been very patient with each other and alot of time spent on troubleshooting the root cause of this intermittent problem. At this time, there is no problem and I have all the stock lights back in. We've agreed with each other to try something else - AFTER - S I T S.
    Sounds like a plan. We will look forward to meeting you at SitS and Lamont's BBQ.