Spyder Garage

Default Ride to Yogi and Boo Boo's place

I have a group of friends that I keep in touch with that all met from a club I ran for the Honda Valkyrie over 10 years ago. Many of us have moved on to different rides but we all still share the love for each other and getting in the wind. Two of these friends just moved down from PA to Columbus NC into a beautiful log home out in the woods. They even have a bear that's been tearing into one of their trees right next to the house.

Craig "Yogi" and Kelly's "BooBoo" place with some old friends.

I mentioned last week that we found the perfect house warming gift for them but I didn't want to say anything an spoil the surprise. Well here it is.

My wife Chris and I left our place about 11am and headed to NC. It was a little over 100 miles one way and this was going to be the longest trip Chris ever took with me. If it wasn't for the RT she never would have gone at all.

The ride out was great. The weather couldn't have been better and the RT ran great. It really handle great through the mountain roads and had plenty of power to pull a trailer and a passenger. When I got back home I checked my mileage and I got 31.5 mpg. I guess riding a little slower with the wife on the back helped in that department.

It took us almost three hours to get there but it was a nice ride. The wife was glad we took the one fuel stop we made and I was in no rush to get anywhere so that was fine with me. I really enjoy riding with her on the back. We talked more than we do at home.

This is PIBIT and Mosa from the old Valkyrie days. PIBIT rides a Harley now but still has his old Valk and Mosa rides a FJR.

This is Kelly deciding if she wants a RT or RS. I see a Spyder in her near future.

Yogi is a great cook and he made some killer BBQ.

After we ate Yogi took the gang to the top of the mountain in his truck. I jumped on the RT and PIBIT's gal asked if she could ride with. I guess they have been looking at the Spyders too. As you can see she liked it.

This is White Mountain and they live on the road that goes to the top. It's just as crazy as Deals Gap except the drop off's are much steeper and the roads have sharper turns. This was not a road you would want to take a novice rider on, but man what a view.

We road back down the mountain and sat around a bit telling stories and enjoying each others fellowship. I don't like riding at night too much so we left their place about 6pm and headed back home. We got home around 9pm but it wasn't cold enough to even need a jacket. It was a great ride with great friends at a great place. Looking forward to doing it again soon.

Spyder Garage

Lamont,

Nice ryde you and the Mrs's had there. Valkyrie riders are and always have been the best and make excellent Spyder Ryders! I still have mine (2001 Valkyrie Interstate) and plan to keep!
    Thanks Jim - a.k.a. SpyderRider

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny".

~ Thomas Jefferson

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Smile

Glad Chris took a ride with you. That sure is one nice place

Spyder Garage

Sounds like a great time was had by all. Thanks for sharing your trip through another wonderful write up and more great pictures.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Cool!

Spyder Garage

Yogi is a great cook and he made some killer BBQ.

I knew BBQ was going to show up somewhere in this post! It's making me hungry! Great post as usual. Glad you and Chris had a great ryde! Now if I can just hold off until your BBQ BASH! I want some now!
    Randy
    HAPPY SPYDER OWNER
    GULF COAST SPYDERRYDERS

...in the pink (Girls On Spyders) flamingobabe's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Really glad Chris went with you on the RT...sure wish we could of been there...hg working...pleased to see a friend with Pibit....everyone looks great!!!

#IamARyder #RideASpyder #CanAmSpyder