Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default belt tension adjustment...Warranty fix??

I'm getting a louder and louder squeal from my drive belt and need to see if a belt adjustment is a warranty fix or is that covered only by a service contract.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I dont believe my dealer treats the belt adjustment as a warranty thing, only normal wear and adjustment service. I have been doing my own adjusting for a while and its pretty easy once you do it a few times.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Recon View Post
    I'm getting a louder and louder squeal from my drive belt and need to see if a belt adjustment is a warranty fix or is that covered only by a service contract.
    Carlo commented a few months ago that the belt adjustment was not free if not in for a scheduled dealer service. Many dealers did the belt adjustment for free. Some charged a fee.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Just had mine done in Nashville Tn. cost me $45.00 They won't touch mine anymore ,bike had only 2000 miles on it

Spyder Garage

The belt tension adjustment is a service bulletin and not a recall issue currently. From my understanding it means when you take your Spyder in for the next service they are supposed to check and adjust the belt tension as a part of that service process. If you just go to the dealer to have them adjust it without a normal service, you will have to pay the price, or at least we did with our Spyders.

Of course, every dealer is different and if you can find one that will adjust it for free then that is great for you.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Is there an updated proceedure available for those of us that turn out own wrenches? On my HD and Yamaha, a certain amount of force is exerted at the center of the belt. It should move a certain amount. How about the Spyder??