Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

No doubt - silver is the prettiest. Fastest, too.

Cotton

RT-S PE#0174
    Spyder Garage

Gene! Love the story, that was funny

Sounds like you did a bit of Bribery there

MOgang Member
    Spyder Garage

You drive a hard bargain Gene. Tell me the rest of the story at Gatlinburg. I think I fell asleep somewhere after "So I have looked at many a Silver RT at CowTown as they ....bla, bla, bla....."

Great job!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We'll see Len in Gatlinburg and hear the other side of the story.

Congrats.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Congrats Gene

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    . I think I fell asleep somewhere after "So I have looked at many a Silver RT at CowTown as they ....bla, bla, bla....."

Great job!
    Now that right there's funny, I don't care who you are.

Hey Gene, congratulations on your new machine ! Great pics by the way. You're looking great ! Riding this machine must be keeping you young.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Len said you were like a kid in a candy store......... and after looking at the pictures..... I see why!!!

Spyder Garage

Gene Wishing you many happy miles

....and we're gonna ride, we're gonna ride.....

ride like the one-eyed Jack of Diamonds, with
    the devil close behind,.....we're gonna ride....

2008 GS.....PE # 2888

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

You were telling my story, except i was going after an RS in silver. Had my heart set on one but nobody could find one anywhere in the state of Florida. My dealer got me by bringing me out back to show me the white RS-S they were uncrating and offering me a price better that I was expecting to pay for a silver RS. I was happy, I figure he was too. Enjoy the ride and keep on writing those nice fairy tales.
    Last edited by Florida Rev; 09-02-2010 at 09:45 PM. Reason: Oops, wrong emoticon.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Congrats Gene, and welcome to the RT side of the family.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Gene!

David

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spydergene View Post
    So lets get this buying an RT up to a level of understanding.
    I have bought a few cars in my life time starting with my first which was a 1929 ford with a rumble seat.---and before you ask NO I did not buy it new!!!!!
    I am not a newcomer to lets make a deal.
    So I have looked at many a Silver RT at CowTown as they were uncreated one after another. Then put on the sales floor and sold shortly thereafter. The time to begin negotiations for a price reduction was yet at hand. I know that timing means everything when it comes to driving a hard bargain. Len is young and I should have no trouble taking advantage of his lack of experience-----this is going to be to easy. Just have to wait for the timing before I begin. Thanks to Lamonster new colors and pictures come out.
    The time is right----I go by CowTown and no more silver in the showroom just some odd colors like black and blue. I have been to the south county mall and seen the silver spyder on display I always picked up all the literature telling where you can buy this beauty. No sense letting some guy with deep pockets buy it 'cause it looks good. It has to go to the right kind of person someone that appreciates the artistry involved in each panel. The unbelievable engineering that has gone into steering, power plant and electronics ----yep that's me and its the last silver they have. Its 70 miles from CowTown showroom and no salesmen or literature to be found.
    I head for Cuba ----I look around the show room and mention I may be in the market for a new helmet. I drift over to a blue spyder and comment how nice it looks--drift over to the black one---I tell Len its nice also. I asked if they have a silver one I could look at?-----"Yes but its on display in Saint Louis"---oh that's to bad. The game begins he's going to be reeled into net then into the boat shortly. I ask ---I'm curious how much my trade-in will bring (no matter what he says I will say I thought it would be worth a lot more what with all my add on's). Just so happens that I have the trailer I bought from Deb and Brian along for a ride another coincidence. Before he gives me a price difference I drop the death to a any sale--- words like----"I'll be back" --- "I have to do some shopping around" and "I have to ask the wife about this" again all before his price quote.
    Len looks over my outstanding rig and as he is doing so I mention what a big help I was a Spyderfest and how I am looking forward to next years Rendezvous even tho its a lot of work. Just a little reminder in case he forgot. Its very near the time I begin my price slashing after his first offer.
    Out of the corner of my eye I can see him flipping thru books going back to the computer then back to the books. This may not go as easy as I thought --- I may have a real battle here.
    Finally as he approaches I have my game face on and ready----"Its game time"
    Len says
    "Here is what I can give you for your trade-in and here is what I want for the RT"
    It takes me a nano a second to decide-------
    I'LL TAKE IT----I HAVE A CHECK WITH ME.
    Next its to the mall to supervise its move out to the parking lot.
    I am the proud owner of a silver bullet.

Don't even ask how much----drive you own hard bargain like I did.
    The new
    RTGENE

I have a simpler solution...
    Use YOUR credit card or tell Len to put the purchase on your account.

pitbull

Quote Originally Posted by Mo Lee View Post
    My thoughts exactly
    LOl Firefly, Molee, Trickydicky....and the rest of the gang!

pitbull

So.......... does anybody want to hear the flip side of the story???? LOl quote from my pastor.....is some one ever tells you theres 2 sides 2 a story....its because they don't belive your side

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Way to Deal!!!

Silver is the best enjoy those rydes. Silver is the color for the coolest, bestest, funnest time.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Now get busy and paint that trailer to match the new RT!
    (hmm...on second thought, my trailer doesn't match my Spyder ...so never mind)

See ya in G'burg...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by owens9fingers View Post
    Len said you were like a kid in a candy store......... and after looking at the pictures..... I see why!!!
    He truly was a kid in a candy store...check out that Mall picture with his hand on the candy jar!
    Lookin' good Gene - you clean up real nice....but you should have remembered that you get the "feelin' sorry for you price" if you wear the tattered jeans .
    I know you're gonna love taking that to Gatlinburg and not having to worry about pulling a trailer on the interstate. Enjoy. You'll have to ride down my way and let me check it out - we can hit 17th Street bar-b-que.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Congrats on your new rig Gene!!