Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default DAYRUNNER PUCKS!!!!

LOOK GREAT ....and never ceases to amaze me how easy the installation is on ESI products i'm at work and in between customers i headed out back cleaned area lights were going stuck lights in place popped the instrument cluster out ran wires down drilled hole for switch connected wires tie wrapped wires turned on key and off i went....
    THOSE WHO LIVE BY THE SWORD DIE BY THE SWORD... BUT...THOSE WHO MASTER THE SWORD SURVIVE BY THE SWORD....
    Rev. J. Proctor
    reverendproctor.com

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Looks good. I like the fact that they look like a factory option and not just a stuck on addition.

Spyder Garage

Default Was wondering?

Yo Tatt2r,
    Glad you got your's installed. Was wondering, did you remove your front tires? Are you planning on using these at night and if so, did you take into consideration the angle of the lights with oncoming traffic?
    I just bought my set and have not installed them yet. Thanks for your post. Jerry

Previous owner of a 2008 Spyder SM5.
    Current owner of a 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by COOLMACHINE View Post
    Yo Tatt2r,
    Glad you got your's installed. Was wondering, did you remove your front tires? Are you planning on using these at night and if so, did you take into consideration the angle of the lights with oncoming traffic?
    I just bought my set and have not installed them yet. Thanks for your post. Jerry
    I have the same questions...
    3:16

Spyder Garage

It would be nice to have these questions answered by someone who's actually done the mod.
    ".........regrets are only memories written across my brow, and there's nothing I can do about it now......" Wille Nelson

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Pucks...

Thanks for sharing. They look very nice I ordered mine and have the same question about the mounting angle.

Regards,
    Stanley

Spyder Garage

When u get them go on esi website shows a great closeup of where they should be and when u put them under bike u can see how they should be and no I didn't remove any panels or tires just instrument cluster
    THOSE WHO LIVE BY THE SWORD DIE BY THE SWORD... BUT...THOSE WHO MASTER THE SWORD SURVIVE BY THE SWORD....
    Rev. J. Proctor
    reverendproctor.com

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

They look good, glad they worked out, just got mine and will install once I return from holidays.
    Stuart
    Port Coquitlam BC
    2008 Red Spyder SE5, BRP six spoke wheels, LED daytime lights, LED tips lights, LED brake lights and centre light, BRP seat cowel, CF rear fender, 2 BROS CF twin exhaust, billet pegs and brake pedals, spyder trunk wrap, BRP-RT shocks and springs, HD sway bar, cold air intake, green air cleaner, iridium spark plugs, juice box, BRP touring seat, BRP rear rack and back rest,Glow lights, BRP trunk liner, BRP bar weights, IPS, LED marker lights.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by tatt2r View Post
    LOOK GREAT ....and never ceases to amaze me how easy the installation is on ESI products i'm at work and in between customers i headed out back cleaned area lights were going stuck lights in place popped the instrument cluster out ran wires down drilled hole for switch connected wires tie wrapped wires turned on key and off i went....
    Looks great Jamie!! Thanks for sharing!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm curious. Are these primarily to see or to be seen?

I asked in another post about the width of the beam and how much light they provide(lumens). I got no answer. Anyone know?
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Dick View Post
    I'm curious. Are these primarily to see or to be seen?

I asked in another post about the width of the beam and how much light they provide(lumens). I got no answer. Anyone know?

I was wondering that too....
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    I was wondering that too....
    +2

Number One: 2008 Yellow GS SM5. I love my Spyder.
    Number Two: 2012 RT-S Limited (the poop colored RT) I still have Number One, but Some Girl made me buy Number Two...

Spyder Garage

I would think anything named "Dayrunner" would be meant to be seen. I think MM explained these in his introductory post.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

[,QUOTE=Gargoyle;243565]3 Their placement on the bike indicates a function as a fog light because driving lights are or should be mounted as high as possible. .[/QUOTE]

Than someone should tell MOTO-LIGHT who sells thousands and thousands of their drivivng lights each and every year, that because they sell them to be mounted low on the side of the front fork tubes on motorcycles that they can't be driving lights because of where they are mounted.

Or that the driving lights Kewl Metal sells for the Spyder that are mounted at about the same height on the front A-Arms can't be driving lights ether.

Sometimes I really wonder where this stuff you guys come up with comes from?
    [URL="http://www.esicycleproducts.com/"]

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have no issue with where they are mounted. In fact, I like it. But I would still like to know their pattern and power.
    I already have the ESI HIDs. Do they add to that? Close in..far away???
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

But I would still like to know their pattern and power.
    Very reasonable question, imho.

Jamie, they look good - nice job on the installation - do you have any night photos of your machine with the new lights?

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=groundeffect;243630]Very reasonable question, imho. QUOTE]

Street Magic has a history of making nothing but high end quality Spyder products that always work as good or better than advertised.

There is not a direct conversion that is MEANINGFUL between the kind of light an LED puts out next to an incadesant bulb, as they really are the old apple vs orange thing.

To explain all the reasons this is would be a long novel, and quite frankly be very boring to read as well. Nor is it something we could do here on this forum as time does not allow us to try to make everybody understand all the factors in LED light design and function.

Really, if I tell you that each puck contains 48, 30 degree VA LEDs rated at an average of 6800 MCD each, does that really mean anything to you? That is how the type of LED used in the Day Runner Pucks is rated, and to 99% of the people here means nothing at all.

Not every product is for everybody, and if you somehow think you need this information before you could buy this one, maybe it's not a product for you?

However, I have yet to have anybody not throughly inpressed and happy with the light output of any of our Day Runner series of lights.

Straight up, we are in business of making quality products and selling them, our rep for doing so speaks for itself.

Quite frankly we're not in the business to run an online course in LED light design, function and it's relatinship to incadesant lighting and how the factors that control that design realtionship come into play.

MM
    Last edited by Magic Man; 09-01-2010 at 10:03 AM.

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks for the info Tatt2r.

Thanks for the info Tatt2r. Appreciate the input.
    When I get these put on, I will try to post some night pics or a video with them on and off at night.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Dick View Post
    I have no issue with where they are mounted. In fact, I like it. But I would still like to know their pattern and power.
    I already have the ESI HIDs. Do they add to that? Close in..far away???
    Here is the best I can put into words the pattern of light they make.

The pattern is a very wide flood type to best try to describe it I would say a "curb to curb" type of effect yet also quite good for seeing ahead down the road too.

It really is hard to put into words, and digital cameras are really worthless trying to show this pattern at night. Without you being there and being able to really see how it looks before these lights are turned on a picture of them really means almost nothing as we tried to photo it.

We have a shot of the Sun Spot series of lights on our web site and these are the same series of LEDS as the Day Runner Pucks use they just are larger.

The pictures there still don't do the product justice, but you can kind of get the idea of the kind of light these LEDs throw out.

Really, I have 4 of these pucks as the only headlights I have on my Suntrike, and they work so much better than did the 35 watt halogens that I can't tell you.

Just ask the people on here who have them how they like them.

I have yet to see anybody not be quick to say if they don't like something they bought, and so far we have not heard one person who is not happy with these lights.

MM

Spyder Garage

Default I have no doubts Magic Man. :)

I have no doubts Magic Man. (:
    Looking forward to seeing them on my Spyder at night.

Spyder Garage

Thank you for providing some needed detail here.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Man View Post

The pattern is a very wide flood type to best try to describe it I would say a "curb to curb" type of effect yet also quite good for seeing ahead down the road too.

It really is hard to put into words, and digital cameras are really worthless trying to show this pattern at night. Without you being there and being able to really see how it looks before these lights are turned on a picture of them really means almost nothing as we tried to photo it.

We have a shot of the Sun Spot series of lights on our web site and these are the same series of LEDS as the Day Runner Pucks use they just are larger.

The pictures there still don't do the product justice, but you can kind of get the idea of the kind of light these LEDs throw out.

Really, I have 4 of these pucks as the only headlights I have on my Suntrike, and they work so much better than did the 35 watt halogens that I can't tell you.

I have yet to see anybody not be quick to say if they don't like something they bought, and so far we have not heard one person who is not happy with these lights.

MM

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default DAY RUNNERS

There very good for being seen when im on the highway and they see this coming they move out the way

Spyder Garage

MM
    I did a review of these under MY MODs and just to say again I really love them. I've actually driven at night with them just to see if its possible and it is but don't recommend it, not quite the reach of your headlights but great as driving lights. Photos on my post....
    Hindle exhaust, Kewlmetal K&N intake + prefilter, Kuryakyn widow pegs, Kuryakyn grips, Madstad 20in. windshield, Juice Box, 02Modifier, Kewlmetal backrest and carrier, missing air dam, missing belt shield, 1" riser, Kewlmetal handlebar risers,Evoluzione sway bar, Street Magic/Day Runner Pucks, Glo Riders Amsoil, 10w40, Rons performance wires

Spyder Garage

[quote=Gargoyle;243745]

Strange this is all we were asking for and this company has no problem with it.
    That sir is not a picture of any kind of LED light whatsoever.

Do you really know anything about LED's? (like you seem to want us to believe you do) If you do,than you know LED light is not a full spectrum light, and is a single wavelenght light. Inasmuch a digital camera will not reproduce it with any accuracy at all.

HID's and incandescents produce full spectrum light, and inasmuch will photograph much clearer than single wavelength LED lights do.

But then you already knew that didn't you.

Like we said, every product is not for everybody, this one is clearly not for you.

Oh wait! It can't be for you anyway, because you don't even own a Spyder now do you.

Please go flame somebody else and leave us alone.

Street Magic product's rep speaks for it's self in making items that perform as good or better than advertised. We're not here to play "stump the light guy" with armchair quarterbacks who's own statements shows their lack of true understanding of how any of this really works.

Again, please go flame somebody else.

MM

Spyder Garage

Sounds like someone's having a bad day....
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.