Spyder Garage

Exclamation Worn front pulley

Hi All.

I put Lola in for her 30000km service and to have another attempt at fixing the non-blipping throttle blipper last week.

While investigating the non-blipper, the mechanic noticed that the front pulley was moving funny.

Investigating further he found it worn on the inside, and the shaft worn too.

This bike has only 30000km on it in almost two years. Our thoughts at the moment are that it was damaged during the 25000km when the belt tension was at the (factory mandated) *way* too high setting.

Next time you get your Spyder serviced, have them check for this unusual wear. If it appears outside warranty, it will be expensive to have fixed.

No progress on the non-blipper. It still doesn't after two replacements. Has anybody got a known good TCM for a 2008 SE they can lend me?

Cheers;

Pogo.

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pogo View Post
    While investigating the non-blipper, the mechanic noticed that the front pulley was moving funny. Investigating further he found it worn on the inside, and the shaft worn too.This bike has only 30000km on it in almost two years. Our thoughts at the moment are that it was damaged during the 25000km when the belt tension was at the (factory mandated) *way* too high setting. Next time you get your Spyder serviced, have them check for this unusual wear. If it appears outside warranty, it will be expensive to have fixed. Pogo.
    My first of five sprockets failed at 42K, due to the same high belt tension (in factory specs at that time). Personal advice: replace the main shaft.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I had 2 replacement of the bolt for the front pulley and now needs the main shaft/spindle that comes out the engine itself. Warranty repair has been approved by brp already but parts are not available...
    My dealers tells me it's major repair that requires engine lowered off of spyder and 2weeks.
    6 states down 42 states to go

Spyder Garage

Well the good news is that the mainshaft will be replaced under warranty. The bad news is that there is at least a two week wait for parts.

I guess that means that they have another two weeks to work out why the throttle blipper doesn't.