Spyder Garage

Question Colorado Dealers?

Hello all! I'm wondering if anyone knows any dealers around South Denver or around there? I got my Spyder in Castle Rock since then they apparently went under for not paying taxes. I still have my extended warranty. But just wanna find a place a close as possible, I live in Palmer Lake, and the next closest dealer I found is in Colorado Springs. I have friends who have been to this guy and none of them would ever use him again and suggested I find another place. The only other one I have found is RPM Motorsports. I have no idea about them. Spyder is making noise and I'm not any sort of mechanic so I need to find a good place! Thanks for any help!!
    Are ya pickin' up what I'm puttin' down?

Happy owner of PE# 52 silver, hindle, fog lights, trim kit, touring windshield, sportrack, backrest.

Spyder Garage

Default Colorado Dealers

RPM is your only option without going to Grand Junction as far as I know. I had my 3K service done there and they seem pretty good. I picked their brains on every issue that I knew about and they seemed to know about them all.

I've also bought a few parts there. I bought a spare key and had to take it out to get it cut and then bring it back to have it programmed. That was a bit annoying. I haven't heard any negatives about them as yet so I wouldn't be worried about using them. They are a way from you but I've heard of others on this board who live hundreds of miles from their dealers.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Local dealers

I live in Pueblo and bought my Spyder from Arizona. Had mine to both the dealer in Colorado Springs and Denver. Both dealers were great and knew all about my bike. Prices were good and service quick. Keep in mind that both dealers were very busy. I think good dealers stay busy.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default RPM Motorsports

I take the drive to Mid-Denver and use RPM Motorsports. The 2 times I tried Colorado Outdoors in the Springs I got shafted. A week for an oil change and a broken fender mount. RPM has been fast and met all of my service needs todate, quickly. I too bought my Spyder in Castle Rock only to have them close up shop after I ordered a number of mods. I was out cash and was give no reasons why. Small claims count has been of little help.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I purchased my RT-S and have it serviced by RPM in Denver. They have been friendly and reliable.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3whlLefty View Post
    RPM is your only option without going to Grand Junction as far as I know. I had my 3K service done there and they seem pretty good. I picked their brains on every issue that I knew about and they seemed to know about them all.

I've also bought a few parts there. I bought a spare key and had to take it out to get it cut and then bring it back to have it programmed. That was a bit annoying. I haven't heard any negatives about them as yet so I wouldn't be worried about using them. They are a way from you but I've heard of others on this board who live hundreds of miles from their dealers.
    the only other I know of is in Durango.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for all the responses! I really think someone could do pretty well having another BRP dealership like in Castle Rock or northern Springs even in this economy. But I guess if you really want a Spyder you will drive whatever distance you can to get one!
    Are ya pickin' up what I'm puttin' down?

Happy owner of PE# 52 silver, hindle, fog lights, trim kit, touring windshield, sportrack, backrest.

Spyder Garage

I was told that the CO Springs dealership went under. That leaves only RPM here in Denver. There is also Maverick in Cheyenne, and one in Grand Junction that the BRP web lists.

Willy
    When the going gets tough...Downshift..

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Still in Business

Quote Originally Posted by billythekidd View Post
    I was told that the CO Springs dealership went under. That leaves only RPM here in Denver. There is also Maverick in Cheyenne, and one in Grand Junction that the BRP web lists.

Willy
    Nope the Colorado Springs Spyder is still in Business. They have mine now..

Spyder Garage

Thanks for clearing that up. I was told that by someone who works at the Denver dealership. I should have verified before I posted. Thanks again

Willy

Spyder Garage

Well, here is a little more claification. I just got a calll from the GM of RPM and was told that CO Springs is no longer an authorized BRP Spyder dealer. He said he contacted BRP and they would be updating the web site to reflect this soon. RPM purchased the CO Springs inventory about 6 months ago.

So out of business, may not have been the correct term, but no longer an authorized BRP Spyder dealer is correct. This begs to question, (just my thought nothing that I was told) that if they are not authorized, can they do warrany work?? Just a thought.

Willy
    Last edited by billythekidd; 09-04-2010 at 07:14 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billythekidd View Post
    Well, here is a little more claification. I just got a calll from the GM of RPM and was told that CO Springs is no longer an authorized BRP dealer. He said he contacted BRP and they would be updating the web site to reflect this soon. RPM purchased the CO Springs inventory about 6 months ago.

So out of business, may not have been the correct term, but no longer an authorized BRP dealer is correct. This begs to question, (just my thought nothing that I was told) that if they are not authorized, can they do warrany work?? Just a thought.

Willy

Thats ODD!! I was just in the shop a few days ago and they had two inside the showroom and four more sitting in crates in the back.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydrn View Post
    Thats ODD!! I was just in the shop a few days ago and they had two inside the showroom and four more sitting in crates in the back.
    While I certainly cannot debate what you saw, if you check their website ( http://www.gotocogo.com/index.php ) no mention of the Sypder is made other than the 2008. The only Can Am stuff mentioned are ATV's. I have an email forwarded to me from the RPM dealership which came from their BRP rep where he states that they are not a Dealer. I wasn't sure if I should post it but will check if it is ok and then post.

I have done business with RPM for years (3 Goldwings used 1500 and two 1800's) and have always had excellent service, and honest dealings with them. I cannot speak for the CO Springs dealer. I can say that they have not answered any of my emails regarding purchasing a new Spyder from them. My first email was back in February this year and my last was 3 days ago. This is not posted to be argumentative, only informative.

Willy

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Colorados Great Outdoors is still in business

If anyone has any questions, just call the dealership. I just bought my second Spyder (a 2010 rt-s) for my wife from COGO. While I was there, they were delivering two canam atv's to a new customer. Stop spreading rumors about businesses in an already poor economy. I went to every dealer in the state looking for RT-s models last week. Only COGO had them and they had two. Now they have one. They work on and service all BRP products. They're still in business and are still the largest boat service facility in the state. If you don't like them, then don't go to them. It's really quite simple rumor spreaders.

Spyder Garage

Well, here goes, not that it really matters. I did say in an earlier post that I was incorrect in saying that they are out of business. They are not. They just are not an AUTHORIZED CAN AM SPYDER DEALER. I really doesn't matter to me where one takes their bike to be fixed (yes I have called them) as they were a dealer and I am sure their techs were trained. I am certainly not one for spreading rumors. I am sure they are the largest boat repair in the area, but we are not talking boats. What I was told again today is that they will soon no longer be listed on the official Can Am website as a dealer. Again, not trying to ruffle feathers, but the original question was about Colorado SPYDER DEALERS.

As for the deleted post, if anyone read it before it was deleted, you can see that there is more to this than a rumor.

Here is the email I mentioned... my original message is at the bottom. The email addresses have been removed.

Pat,

We really do know what were talking about. Sorry the guys down south can't tell the truth, but at least our credibility is not on the line.

Jack
    Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 15:47:50 -0500
    To: <jacstar>
    Subject: Re: Colorado Springs

No, they are not. Thanks for passing along Willy's info. I heard that COGO has had a customer's Spyder in for service...for a year now? Have you heard about that?
    -----------------
    Sean

To: Sean
    Sent: Thu Sep 02 15:30:46 2010
    Subject: Fw: Colorado Springs

Are they a dealer?
    Sent from my Verizon Wireless BlackBerry

Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 14:12:41 -0600
    To: Jack
    Subject: Fw: Colorado Springs

Jack! I thought the Spyder Dealership in Colorado Springs was no longer a dealer? I got this from Willy this morning.
    ----- Original Message -----
    To: Pat
    Sent: Thursday, September 02, 2010 8:10 AM
    Subject: Colorado Springs

Just thought I would let you know that the Colorado Springs Spyder dealership is not closed and is going strong. Spoke with them last night.

719-473-3665 if you want to call.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

This thread is a little old but I'll tell you my recent experience with RPM. About two weeks ago I rear ended a car with my 2010 RT-S. Of course it was not my fault. :>) The car in front slammed on the binders at a yellow light. I did get the ticket and fine. Back to RPM. I was able to ride to the dealer. RPM almost began work on it immediately. I had a call from my Progressive agent within minutes after calling in the incident. I have had three calls from both the adjuster and the RPM service rep. Fantastic communication. Parts are on order as of today and estimated time of completion is Sept. 22. Damage was all cosmetic, about $2700 worth. No damage to running components only the front end plastic, all of which has to be replaced. I have nothing but great things to say about RPM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just had my warranty work done last weekend on my F3 by RPM Motorsports. I don’t normally take it there because their prices are so high and I and a few of my Sypder friends have had some issues with their work. I did not want to drive all the way to Fremont so for the quick warranty work I booked with RPM last Saturday. I had only done some quick errands on the F3 until this Saturday when I took a long ride up in the mountains. I was really having steering issues with the F3, when I got home I checked everything and then check the tire pressure. Some numbskull at RPM jacked the Front Tire Pressure to 28psi!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know that the Rear tire is around 28psi so I think they told the clean-up boy to "hey check the tire pressure and make sure the rear is at 28psi" and he ended up putting 28psi in all of them. At 100 degree heat this weekend, I am glad the tires did not blow!!!