Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Low beam headlight problem

I would appreciate if anyone else has the problem that I am having with my RT Spyder. I have a problem when the lights are on low beam, they flicker too high and they cause yellow, blue, and white light reflections and it looks like an emergency vehicle. This is a very dangerous and confusing to other drivers, to the point where they pull off the road. Here is the technical support number I have called. It would be helpful if you report the problem, if you are also having this issue. 1-888-864-2002.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billyspyder View Post
    I would appreciate if anyone else has the problem that I am having with my RT Spyder. I have a problem when the lights are on low beam, they flicker too high and they cause yellow, blue, and white light reflections and it looks like an emergency vehicle. This is a very dangerous and confusing to other drivers, to the point where they pull off the road. Here is the technical support number I have called. It would be helpful if you report the problem, if you are also having this issue. 1-888-864-2002.
    my friends bike who got it 4 days ago does the same thing. He is gonna just take it to the dealership to lower it.
    His was 6-7 inches higher than mine in low beam 10 feet from a wall. I also noticed the rear of his bike measured 2 inches lower than mine. He had asked at PDI to put 70 lbs in the rear shock like mine. Don't think they did, or he has a bad shock. Don't know if that could also contribute to the lighting problem. Let me also say that the reflecting light is only intermittent on his.

Spyder Garage

The headlight aim is readily adjustable. The procedure is explained in the manual. Adjust the headlights a bit, and all should be well.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!