Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seat Rain Cover

Spyder Garage

Default Nancystoy, this looks like a good idea

Any suggestions on where to get the water proof material?

Spyder Garage

1. Quote Originally Posted by Scoot2Mtns View Post
      Any suggestions on where to get the water proof material?

Seattle Fabrics carries sil coated nylon.

http://www.seattlefabrics.com/nylons.html

Spyder Garage

I bought a Cool Ass cover for my RT-S specifically as a rain cover for my trip to Spyderfest. No sense of slipping around for me. Brian's photography is better than mine.
    Last edited by JayBros; 05-27-2015 at 09:32 AM.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member Orange Spyder Man's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

try spraying the seams on the seat with --- scotchguard...

Spyder Garage

Default CoolAss Seat cover

Any chance that we might see your product at Spyderfest??
    Lots of cool folks that might be interested!!
    Lakerat

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Zenagirl's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Red face Seat Covers

I Can NOT believe that after all these years of pouring over the tips and tidbits and info on Spyderlovers, that I have never seen anyone comment about wet seats. Just by chance I happened to find these posts and FINALLY I am getting a seat cover to protect my seat from getting sopping wet when it rains. I swear, when I get caught in the rain and get off for a moment and get back on, it feels like I sat down in a child's wading pool!!! I've never understood why my stock seat on my ST-L was not water proofed! I've tried different water proofing products and nothing has worked. Finally started using large black garbage bags and bungie cords to keep them secure to keep my seat dry. I jokingly told my son I needed to make a large "shower cap" for my seat. Thank you for these posts! I've just order the seat cover from the CoolAss folks!!! YAY!!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jwmcclellan View Post
    I have checked into getting the CoolAss seat cover, but found out it is a cover for when the bike is parked. It was recommended that I not ride the bike using the cover in place due to it being slippery. I am looking for a waterproof seat cover that works when I'm riding the bike.
    I bought a CoolAss cover right after I bought my 2016 RT in early 2018. It did indeed keep my seat cool, and I live in South West Florida. I've even used it while raining to keep the seat dry, and didn't feel like it was slippery at all. But I do sort of think that contributed to the quick deterioration of it, as it was unusable after about 18 months. But I do think that was my fault, not theirs.

To sum up, it works well keeping your seat cool and dry as advertised.

And to the OP, thank you for the idea. I sewed a sun cover for my old 750 Virago many years ago, and was thinking about going the elastic route this time like you did. Good job.

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Zenagirl View Post
    I Can NOT believe that after all these years of pouring over the tips and tidbits and info on Spyderlovers, that I have never seen anyone comment about wet seats. Just by chance I happened to find these posts and FINALLY I am getting a seat cover to protect my seat from getting sopping wet when it rains. I swear, when I get caught in the rain and get off for a moment and get back on, it feels like I sat down in a child's wading pool!!! I've never understood why my stock seat on my ST-L was not water proofed! I've tried different water proofing products and nothing has worked. Finally started using large black garbage bags and bungie cords to keep them secure to keep my seat dry. I jokingly told my son I needed to make a large "shower cap" for my seat. Thank you for these posts! I've just order the seat cover from the CoolAss folks!!! YAY!!!!
    Actually the seat material is waterproof.... It's the SEAMS that leak badly, allowing the foam to saturate with water and then get pushed out from compressing the foam.... I have found when wearing good Rain Gear, the water will pool in the crotch area and over-flow into the seams …. Mike

Spyder Garage

I find it hard to believe it took so long for BRP to produce an RT seat rain cover, PN 219400722. My bride gave me one as a b'day gift last year and it works great. The F3 driver seat rain cover is PN 219400648, and the F3 pax seat rain cover is PN 219400649.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    I find it hard to believe it took so long for BRP to produce an RT seat rain cover, PN 219400722. My bride gave me one as a b'day gift last year and it works great. The F3 driver seat rain cover is PN 219400648, and the F3 pax seat rain cover is PN 219400649.
    Thanks for the info …. however I checked cheapcycleparts.com …. and they list all the RT models and years the cover will fit …. but they don't say how much or show any pics on a Fiche' …. So how much was yours, did you get it from a vendor or from a dealer, … does it fit well, keep the seat dry, and can you use it while riding. …. any help you can give will be appreciated ….. Happy New Year …. Mike

Spyder Garage

Mike, had a date mixed up; my wife gave me the RT seat rain cover for Christmas 2017 and purchased it from my local dealership that has since been sold and closed (a real pain because they had an excellent service dept and very savvy techs), and paid $99.99. You can see a picture at this link: https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/shop/...es/covers.html. Scroll all the way down the left column and you'll find it just above the Freedom Trailer cover. The cover fits both OEM and Comfort Seats and has an integral waterproof zip out cover for the driver backrest. It is a snugly fitting cover that is easy to put on, I fit it from front to back because of the "ears" on the front of the driver seat and the hardest part is getting it fully around the very back of the seat, and it has heavy duty shock elastic cord all the way around the perimeter. I have used the cover in the various situations we experience riding, from putting it on simply to keep the seat covered overnight on tour to having to stop on the road and install it before riding into a rain storm as well as putting it on before a day's ride because I knew it was going to rain before I arrived at my destination. When riding on it I do not slip around at all on the seat. Matter of fact on a long tour day's ride it might be nice if one could slide just a bit on it but it is very waterproof and I wouldn't want anything to risk compromising its waterproofing.

As an aside, when I was looking at the rain cover or driver backrest, that my great bride gave me for my birthday in 2018, I don't remember which, I called Cheap Cycle Parts and was told that there are some Spyder parts that BRP does not allow them to sell.

Hope this helps and Happy New Year!
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    Mike, had a date mixed up; my wife gave me the RT seat rain cover for Christmas 2017 and purchased it from my local dealership that has since been sold and closed (a real pain because they had an excellent service dept and very savvy techs), and paid $99.99. You can see a picture at this link: https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/shop/...es/covers.html. Scroll all the way down the left column and you'll find it just above the Freedom Trailer cover. The cover fits both OEM and Comfort Seats and has an integral waterproof zip out cover for the driver backrest. It is a snugly fitting cover that is easy to put on, I fit it from front to back because of the "ears" on the front of the driver seat and the hardest part is getting it fully around the very back of the seat, and it has heavy duty shock elastic cord all the way around the perimeter. I have used the cover in the various situations we experience riding, from putting it on simply to keep the seat covered overnight on tour to having to stop on the road and install it before riding into a rain storm as well as putting it on before a day's ride because I knew it was going to rain before I arrived at my destination. When riding on it I do not slip around at all on the seat. Matter of fact on a long tour day's ride it might be nice if one could slide just a bit on it but it is very waterproof and I wouldn't want anything to risk compromising its waterproofing.

As an aside, when I was looking at the rain cover or driver backrest, that my great bride gave me for my birthday in 2018, I don't remember which, I called Cheap Cycle Parts and was told that there are some Spyder parts that BRP does not allow them to sell.

Hope this helps and Happy New Year!
    Having an Ultimate Seat I purchased their rain cover (x2). Though it was a good fit & did the trick they weren't very durable (having to buy a second one).
    Didn't know BRP had a cover until last year. Though a little pricey, $118 CAN it is worth every cent! Really well crafted & high quality!
    Works great for all the obvious applications I also use it when washing the bike...
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac