Spyder Garage

Default Printed Name of the Signatories to the Certificate of Origin

Apologies for the long title. DMV Colorado wants the printed name of the signatories to the Certificate of Origin. I sent the document back to the dealer (River Valley Power and Sports INC in MN) with a prepaid return envelope but upon return the names were still unentered. I called the dealer only to be told that the certificate came with a pre-signed block and they are not certain what the name of the VP is. Long story short..they wasted my time and money. I cannot register the Spyder until I can have the names of all the signatories printed besides or next to their signatures. Any assistance will be appreciated. Thanks.
    "Improvise, Adapt and Overcome"

Spyder Garage

This is your dealer's responsibility. Tell them to provide a valid Certificate of Origin, or refund your money. Retain an attorney, if need be. It is up to the dealer to get the initial title for you, but you may wish to try again at a different DMV office or with a different clerk. Spyders are registered in your state all the time, and the certificates are all the same. Ask the DMV why you are being singled out. You might even have them contact a dealer directly. I'm sorry you got caught up in the bureaucratic nightmare.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    This is your dealer's responsibility. Tell them to provide a valid Certificate of Origin, or refund your money. Retain an attorney, if need be. It is up to the dealer to get the initial title for you, but you may wish to try again at a different DMV office or with a different clerk. Spyders are registered in your state all the time, and the certificates are all the same. Ask the DMV why you are being singled out. You might even have them contact a dealer directly. I'm sorry you got caught up in the bureaucratic nightmare.
    Thank you for the advice. I will try to get in touch with the local dealer here and find out why this requirement is necessary and if they can help me out.

Spyder Garage

I did mine in Grand Junction and never had a problem.

Spyder Garage

This is on the dealer for sure. Scotty's advice is spot on. There is nothing I can add to this except that I wish you the best of luck and hope it gets resolved soon without having to go the lawyer route.
    "Life must be understood backward. But it must be lived forward."

'09 Phantom GS (#14) (Gone but not forgotten) and 2010 RS-S

Spyder Garage

I had a similar experience when I tried to register Ms. Spyder..the huge difference was that the gal at my DMV in WA said give your dealer a call (in IL) and let me talk to them. First thing she said was got a situation here that I know you want to help resolve. Will you fax to me the corrected, signed document and then put the hard copy in mail to Karyl. Dealer said would and did (within 10 minutes)...when I got the hard copy 5 days later...everything was acceptable to all and registration completed. Hope this helps you resolve your problem.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Same thing here. The women at the DMV said the State me return it. She was very helpful and I hope we got it all done right. I have got my plates right but have yet to get the title back form State.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by murphybrown View Post
    I had a similar experience when I tried to register Ms. Spyder..the huge difference was that the gal at my DMV in WA said give your dealer a call (in IL) and let me talk to them. First thing she said was got a situation here that I know you want to help resolve. Will you fax to me the corrected, signed document and then put the hard copy in mail to Karyl. Dealer said would and did (within 10 minutes)...when I got the hard copy 5 days later...everything was acceptable to all and registration completed. Hope this helps you resolve your problem.
    Notice posted on Colorado DMV Office. "We will no longer call to verify insurance and accept fax from dealer/seller/insurance company.You must possess all required documents when you approach the clerk"

Patience is a virtue that I need to acquire really really soon.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gjco View Post
    I did mine in Grand Junction and never had a problem.
    That's what I hoped when the first clerk told me I need to go to a Colorado Motorcycle dealer or shop and have the VIN verified. I did get it courtesy of Rocky Mountain Cycle Plaza where I used to go to for my M109 but due to lack of time decided to postpone registration on my next day off.Next day off I got to talk to a different clerk and she said the previous clerk was new to the job and she talked to the supervisor since she herself is new and told me that I needed to comply with the enumerated requirements prior to registration. 1. Printed names of all the signatories 2. Statement of one and the same company (one signatory wrote river valley inc and the other the full name of the company) 3. VIN Verification and 4.Certification of Mileage. She said she will need to extend my temporary pass but I need to pay the fee again. No worries since it is only $6 and change but the fact that it all depends on who you talk to makes me irritated. C'est La Vie...I guess
    Last edited by kismaokole; 08-08-2010 at 02:20 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by kismaokole View Post
    That's what I hoped when the first clerk told me I need to go to a Colorado Motorcycle dealer or shop and have the VIN verified. I did get it courtesy of Rocky Mountain Cycle Plaza where I used to go to for my M109 but due to lack of time decided to postpone registration on my next day off.Next day off I got to talk to a different clerk and she said the previous clerk was new to the job and she talked to the supervisor since she herself is new and told me that I needed to comply with the enumerated requirements prior to registration. 1. Printed names of all the signatories 2. Statement of one and the same company (one signatory wrote river valley inc and the other the full name of the company) 3. VIN Verification and 4.Certification of Mileage. She said she will need to extend my temporary pass but I need to pay the fee again. No worries since it is only $6 and change but the fact that it all depends on who you talk to makes me irritated. C'est La Vie...I guess
    Ask to speak to the office supervisor.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Ask to speak to the office supervisor.
    Carlo from BRP replied to my email and hopefully he will be able to assist me. Crossing my fingers. Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate it.