Thread: RT and MSRP

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default RT and MSRP

I posted this on another board but thought I would try her also. I first looked at the RT and RT-S when they were first released. At the time, the dealers in Georgia had no info but could order one but were not willing to deal below msrp. Is this still the case? Are people paying full msrp for the RT/ RT-S? I did a demo ride last spring but it was on the original Spyder and as touring is my main interest, the RT/ RT-S seem to be the better fit. I've seen a list of dealers in Ga. but does anyone have direct experience with any dealers in Georgia, Florida or Alabama? I'm willing to travel for a good dealer.

Thanks for the help!

WPS

Spyder Garage

Call Can Am of Atlanta. They are in Lawrenceville.

Spyder Garage

I had one dealer here that was straight list price - C&C of Brighton, MI, and one dealer who offered a discount right off the bat - Town & Country Sports in Cement City, MI.
    Dan

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dancogan View Post
    I had one dealer here that was straight list price - C&C of Brighton, MI, and one dealer who offered a discount right off the bat - Town & Country Sports in Cement City, MI.
    C&C offered us a discount on a base RT. Several dealers have them listed on Ebay at discounted prices for RTs with a few miles on them.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Big #1 in Birmingham is top notch, not sure if they have any RT's left as they have been selling fast.

Very Active Member bodymanpainter's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

North Jax Motorsports in Jacksonville Fl is a Great dealership but don't know if they have any RT's left but You can give them a call. 904-768-1001

Good Luck!
    2020 RTL

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the responses. I'm checking them all out.

Best,
    WPS

Spyder Garage

Default Ft. Myers Florida

My most excellent dealer, Sun Sports Cycle & Watercraft in Ft. Myers, had a silver RT as recent as a week ago. It is identicle to the thumbnail picture below. That one is mine and you can't have it... ...Don't know if they still have it or not. You can give them a call if you don't find one closer. Len

Sun Sports: 239-277-7777

Quote Originally Posted by wps52 View Post
    I posted this on another board but thought I would try her also. I first looked at the RT and RT-S when they were first released. At the time, the dealers in Georgia had no info but could order one but were not willing to deal below msrp. Is this still the case? Are people paying full msrp for the RT/ RT-S? I did a demo ride last spring but it was on the original Spyder and as touring is my main interest, the RT/ RT-S seem to be the better fit. I've seen a list of dealers in Ga. but does anyone have direct experience with any dealers in Georgia, Florida or Alabama? I'm willing to travel for a good dealer.

Thanks for the help!

WPS
    Another Very Happy Owner X 2 ...
    "The Only Thing That Need Happen For Evil To Prevail Is For Good Men To Do Nothing"

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

A beautiful Spyder!
    They can still order Spyders, right or are they waiting on the 2011s?

One more question, in looking at the post seems like most RT owners have the SE semi automatic unit. Is there a problem with the manual shift? I assume the recall only applies to the SE?
    Thanks for the help,
    WPS

Quote Originally Posted by Jornie1 View Post
    My most excellent dealer, Sun Sports Cycle & Watercraft in Ft. Myers, had a silver RT as recent as a week ago. It is identicle to the thumbnail picture below. That one is mine and you can't have it... ...Don't know if they still have it or not. You can give them a call if you don't find one closer. Len

Sun Sports: 239-277-7777
    Last edited by wps52; 07-18-2010 at 11:06 AM.

Spyder Garage

A beautiful Spyder!
    They can still order Spyders, right or are they waiting on the 2011s?

One more question, in looking at the post seems like most RT owners have the SE semi automatic unit. Is there a problem with the manual shift? I assume the recall only applies to the SE?
    Thanks for the help,
    WPS
    Spyder production has ceased for 2010. You can only purchase what you find at a dealer, until the 2011s come out. Not sure when you can first order a 2011.

I am one of the minority with a manual RT. It works just fine. Many people have found the convenience of the SE to be preferable, especially on this high-end machine. I personally have enough confusion switching between two Spyders and many bikes, with turn signals in different places (those that have turn signals) and even brakes and shifters reversed. I don't need any more confusion in my life. I'm sure you could be happy with either version.

Recall is for SE models only.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Scotty,
    Can the trailer be used with the manual shift? I'm asking because I saw a post where the shifting program of the auto-shift is changed when towing.

I currently ride a vstrom and enjoy the shifting so was planning on a manual RT/RT-S.
    Any changes announced for the 2011s?
    Thanks,
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Spyder production has ceased for 2010. You can only purchase what you find at a dealer, until the 2011s come out. Not sure when you can first order a 2011.

I am one of the minority with a manual RT. It works just fine. Many people have found the convenience of the SE to be preferable, especially on this high-end machine. I personally have enough confusion switching between two Spyders and many bikes, with turn signals in different places (those that have turn signals) and even brakes and shifters reversed. I don't need any more confusion in my life. I'm sure you could be happy with either version.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

i have the manual on my RTS and love it, besides i still ride two wheels so it feels natural to me. Judging by some of the recall issues i am glad i did.

Spyder Garage

Thanks Scotty,
    Can the trailer be used with the manual shift? I'm asking because I saw a post where the shifting program of the auto-shift is changed when towing.

I currently ride a vstrom and enjoy the shifting so was planning on a manual RT/RT-S.
    Any changes announced for the 2011s?
    Thanks,
    Pat
    I've been towing my trailers around. With the SE, the machine controls the shift points, so it needs trailer mode to raise them. With the manual, you have control, so you can shift whenever you want. The RT clutch is a little sudden, compared to the RS, but it works fine with a trailer.

My crystal ball is in the shop awaiting backordered parts, so I can't make predictions for the 2011s. I would be very surprised to see any major changes, though, and likely few (if any) minor ones.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IndianBikerDan View Post
    Big #1 in Birmingham is top notch, not sure if they have any RT's left as they have been selling fast.
    Saved a bunch!
    Wheeler~ Spyder rydin' tyre syde down!

2013 Spyder RTS SE5
    [CENTER]Respect is common ground we all can share![CENTER]

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default minority manual rt

We too bought the rt sm5--cost being one factor, we already had our own gps, and our helmets already were set up with scala rider g4 power set. We are big believers in the KISS theory. Sometimes with more, there's more of a chance of something going wrong. You are right Scotty. Confusion does sometimes take place with more things to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default RT and MSRP

http://www.westcoastpowersports.com/ or http://www.centralfloridapowersports.com/ has the best prices for someone that can drive and pick it up. I got my RTS SE5 from Ray C's in Mi. They took care of me well. I got a Blue one for a RTS SM5 list. Free SE5! Some dealers will charge more for the blue. Westcoast/Central (same dealer) has about the same prices and one of the largest inventory's. You may be closer to Westcoast. Good luck.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info. I will check them out. After checking other sources I have just about decided to wait on the 2011s to get what I want which is the manual shift. Those are in short supply for the 2010.

Thanks,
    WPS

Quote Originally Posted by crtravelnmore View Post
    http://www.westcoastpowersports.com/ or http://www.centralfloridapowersports.com/ has the best prices for someone that can drive and pick it up. I got my RTS SE5 from Ray C's in Mi. They took care of me well. I got a Blue one for a RTS SM5 list. Free SE5! Some dealers will charge more for the blue. Westcoast/Central (same dealer) has about the same prices and one of the largest inventory's. You may be closer to Westcoast. Good luck.

Spyder Garage

Default Good Dealers

I can confirm that John Petito and his crew at Town and Country in Cement City are GREAT.

If you are in the South, try Hattiesburg Cycle in Hattiesburg, Ms. Ask for Glen.

Cappy aka Jester
    Replaced my Lamonster Certified RT Limited #1874 With a 2018 RTL.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thanks, I'll make contact eith them. You are the second person to mention Hattiesburg Cycle.

Best,
    WPS

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    I can confirm that John Petito and his crew at Town and Country in Cement City are GREAT.

If you are in the South, try Hattiesburg Cycle in Hattiesburg, Ms. Ask for Glen.

Cappy aka Jester