Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

start carrying around toilet paper and when they say that is the sh**, hold the paper up and say yeah that is why i have this.
    Quote Originally Posted by acinpcola View Post
    stop stop your killing me here The one that I got was while I was in traffic near down town Disney, A young woman hung her head out the window of her car and yelled "What is That!!, That is the Sh** Man!!" What can you say to a comment like that
    start carrying around toilet paper and when they say that is the sh**, hold the paper up and say yeah that is why i have this.

Be Safe
    AC

Spyder Garage

oh wow…thats pretty bad

Quote Originally Posted by 3rdwheel View Post
    Monday (5-30-2011) my husband and I were on the RT in Pigeon Forge and stopped at the Sonic for some tea. A fellow came up and said that his son had a trike and said he had never seen one of those (pointing to the Spyder) and ask if it was harder to steer the rear wheel with the handle bars?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

My wife's spyder has 3 keys. Will still have 2 when I get around to changing the givi locks. Would be cool to have only one.

What the hell are overhales?

I think the Can-Am stickers are clear indication that it is made by.....BRP.

Spyder Garage

HELLOOOoo, think McFly, think! If this were from the future...
    Quote Originally Posted by sledhead View Post
    How's this one..... I was asked "Is that bike from the future?????" I'm rarely speechless but that one got me!
    Yeah, got any toilet paper I am in dire need to hit the rest stop.
    Quote Originally Posted by acinpcola View Post
    A young woman hung her head out the window of her car and yelled "What is That!!, That is the Sh** Man!!" What can you say to a comment like that

Be Safe
    AC
    In the twisties I was playing the tart...
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Seems like dejavu.
    What sticks in my head from the '08 I had was when some red neck(lots of those around here) in an old pick-up was yelling and nearly hit me "get off the interstate, thems not allowed on public roads".
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Dumb Question

Quote Originally Posted by Atonic View Post
    My wife's spyder has 3 keys. Will still have 2 when I get around to changing the givi locks. Would be cool to have only one.

What the hell are overhales?

I think the Can-Am stickers are clear indication that it is made by.....BRP.
    Talk about a dumb question. You are as thick as that hayseeder who asked me. did I buy it at SEARS.If I have to explain it to you, you wouldn't understand anyway.

Spyder Garage

At a stop light in Cocoa Beach tonite. "Hey does that have a front tire on the other side too?"

Very Active Member granpa in Cincy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DaBusses View Post
    At a stop light in Cocoa Beach tonite. "Hey does that have a front tire on the other side too?"

You too huh. See post #13

Spyder Garage

When folks ak me "How do you like riding that thing?" I always respond with...
    " I hate it, all 74,000 km's that I've ridden in less than 4 years has been miserable." Then I turn around and walk away shaking my head.
    \
    Mark

Mark "Spyderman" Adams
    ------------------------------

Spyder Garage

Wink

If I am driving the spyder and my husband is the passenger he always gets asked as they are pointing to me " you let her drive it "?
    Darrell & Cindy
    2011 Orbital Blue CanAm Spyder RT-S se5 w/ Communication System & trailer hitch, Arm Rests, Elkas shocks, Baja Ron swaybar & spark plugs and wires, Custom dynamatics fender lights & third brake light, Seal floorboard "PUP" floor boards, CycleMate utility Trailer and Sena 20s with dongle.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by woodchuck View Post
    Talk about a dumb question. You are as thick as that hayseeder who asked me. did I buy it at SEARS.If I have to explain it to you, you wouldn't understand anyway.
    On this overall wearing guy I would quote the Geico Insurance guy (not the geko, the one with the questions): "Have you been living under a rock?!?!" SEARS?!?! REALLY!?!?
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

Yeah, everyone knows it's Harbor Freight, duhhh.
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I still love it when thye walk by and look at the speedomater and say, "200? Wow..."

I've only had one person ask if that was mph, kph or both. I complimented him on his astute powers of observation!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Man, alot of you seem to have "pricky" responses to someone asking questions. If you hate answering questions and hate getting attention why in the world did you even get a spyder?

I know some questions are dumb, but the spyder is so different than most bikes on the road. I can only imagine if I had never ridden a motorcycle before and I saw a spyder pass me what I would think.

Personally I like the attention, I dont mind answering any and all questions including stupid ones.

No reason to give a smart ass response. I truly hope you all dont respond by being a smart ass or "walking away without saying anything just shacking my head". I def dont want to be associated as someone who does that, hopefully you guys arent giving all spyders bad names.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Luckyc1423 View Post
    Man, alot of you seem to have "pricky" responses to someone asking questions. If you hate answering questions and hate getting attention why in the world did you even get a spyder?

I know some questions are dumb, but the spyder is so different than most bikes on the road. I can only imagine if I had never ridden a motorcycle before and I saw a spyder pass me what I would think.

Personally I like the attention, I dont mind answering any and all questions including stupid ones.

No reason to give a smart ass response. I truly hope you all dont respond by being a smart ass or "walking away without saying anything just shacking my head". I def dont want to be associated as someone who does that, hopefully you guys arent giving all spyders bad names.

Couldn't agree with you more.

I didn't even mind talking to the person that swore that when he was at his Can Am dealer that they showed him a spyder with 3 wheels up front and 1 in the rear.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

When someone asks me a [what i think is] dumb question, I just counter balance it with a Stupid answer. Which is very easy for me.
    That tends to leave them even more confused

Let me add, i only do this when I feel the guy asking is being a wise guy.
    Last edited by boborgera; 06-06-2011 at 08:58 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I still love it when thye walk by and look at the speedomater and say, "200? Wow..."

I've only had one person ask if that was mph, kph or both. I complimented him on his astute powers of observation!
    Sometimes I will get asked if it does go that fast and I go "Not sure... usually the cop pulls me over at 120"

Sometimes I have to bite my tongue...

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post
    When someone asks me a [what i think is] dumb question, I just counter balance it with a Stupid answer. Which is very easy for me.
    That tends to leave them even more confused

Let me add, i only do this when I feel the guy asking is being a wise guy.
    100%... This is where I don't bite my tongue!!
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Lucky! Like you; I enjoy speaking with folks about the Spyders and don't mind the attention at all...
    I think that the questions that seem thoughtless are actually just an awkward attempt to initiate conversation. I know that there aren't but about 6 people on thw planet who are capable of asking a question any dumber than some of my beauties over the years...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

i was talking to someone about the and told the guy it had a truck to keep stuff in. someone else came up and was looking at the rear tire area and said i dont see a truck. is it hidden? then he asked how many people can ride on that? i said well so far, me, a girl, and depends how small they are i might be able to fit 2 babies in the truck compartment.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

So I'm sitting with some friends, all of them ride sport bikes, and an older lady walks by with her dog. She stops and comments on how cool the Spyder looks. Then finishes it with, and it even comes with training wheels! I hung my head low knowing the barrage of laughter and jokes that was to follow. She tried to clean it up but I told her it was too late and told her to have a nice day. I still haven't heard the end of that one.

Spyder Garage

Came out of Walmart one night and opened the trunk to take out my helmet and gloves and place items I had in. A guy walks by and says Engine Problems? Said back to him, you better believe it? Its been Stolen!
    Happy Spyder Owner

2008 SM5, Trunk Liner, 2" Block Riser, ESI 3" Risers, Evoluzione Cycle o2 Sensor Mod, Corbin Seat and Large Oval Backrest, Madstad RoboBrackets and 24" Clear Windshield, Chrome Clear Catseye LED Tail/Brake/License Plate Light, Brake Strobe, Kuryakyn Grips, Kewlmetals Performance Air kit, Custom Dynamic Orange LED's, Spyder 1 Attitude Performance Exhaust RSS-18-B, Day Runners, Day Pucks, Rivco Highway Pegs, ESI Mirror Extensions, Rivco Floorboards.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default The guy under a rock

Quote Originally Posted by bullant12 View Post
    On this overall wearing guy I would quote the Geico Insurance guy (not the geko, the one with the questions): "Have you been living under a rock?!?!" SEARS?!?! REALLY!?!?
    EXCUSE ME IF I MADE A MISTAKE. IT MUST BE VERY NICE NOT TO MAKE ANY MISTAKES. NOT EVERYBODY IS AS SMART AS YOU ARE.OR AS THEY THINK.
    I THINK THE ROCK FELL ON YOUR HEAD.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dub-D View Post
    So I'm sitting with some friends, all of them ride sport bikes, and an older lady walks by with her dog. She stops and comments on how cool the Spyder looks. Then finishes it with, and it even comes with training wheels! I hung my head low knowing the barrage of laughter and jokes that was to follow. She tried to clean it up but I told her it was too late and told her to have a nice day. I still haven't heard the end of that one.
    I highly doubt you will ever hear the end of that one.

Quote Originally Posted by PCBeachBum View Post
    Came out of Walmart one night and opened the trunk to take out my helmet and gloves and place items I had in. A guy walks by and says Engine Problems? Said back to him, you better believe it? Its been Stolen!
    That was a fun reply Brian, and a question I had never thought about anybody asking as well.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Very Active Member cyclelover63's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I was getting a haircut yesterday,and the girl said she seen me ride up,and she asked me "Is that a motorcycle or one of them new thingys?"...lol..I said "darlin,it is both!"...I love telling people how much I love it,when they ask "how do you like it?

Spyder Garage

I'm just kind of "pricky"
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black