Spyder Garage

Default Will it or Wont it ?

I have a 09 manual spyder with 792 miles and only one mod. I installed the TB Dual Carbon Exhaust. The problem I am having is once in a while when I try to start the spyder it will start for a second or two and then shut off. I then hear a clicking sound. I need to turn the key completely off to make the clicking sound stop. After that I turn the key back on, go through the starting process, and it will not start. Sometimes I can wait five minutes until it will start or three hours like this past Sunday. It has done this hot and cold before.

I have read through the post and I am not sure what causes this problem.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

When You hear it click, then it will start. If this is the case mine did this this last summer. Some module was bad. They first thought it was in the right controls but wasn't. A simple fix less than a hour, but took 2 weeks to get the part. Take it to the dealer.

Spyder Garage

We'll see what the concensces is from the group but it sounds like you might have a battery issue.
    ".........regrets are only memories written across my brow, and there's nothing I can do about it now......" Wille Nelson

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pjp623 View Post
    We'll see what the concensces is from the group but it sounds like you might have a battery issue.

Spyder Garage

I won't venture to make a diagnosis with so little to go on, and no testing, but whenever a Spyder has trouble starting:

1. Make sure the relays are fully seated,
    2. Make sure the battery connections (at battery, not the jumpers under the seat) are clean and tight,
    3. Make sure the battery is fully charged
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    I won't venture to make a diagnosis with so little to go on, and no testing, but whenever a Spyder has trouble starting:

1. Make sure the relays are fully seated, - Yep!
    2. Make sure the battery connections (at battery, not the jumpers under the seat) are clean and tight, - Yep!
    3. Make sure the battery is fully charged - Double Yep!
    I'd say this is at least a great start. Eliminate all of this and if it is still giving you issues it's time for a dealer visit.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

The spyder is still in the shop. Can-Am has no idea why it is acting like this.