Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Patriot Guard

Registered Users
    God's Country, Keystone Heights, FL "Happy Owner"
    Spyder Garage

Default Desert Spyder

I just watched the video on the link you posted... it got the best of me. These events make me real sad. And when I think about all the people just like me, Lamont and many others on this site that have family members over there it is almost unbearable. Ken

Very Active Member Desert Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by krb1945 View Post
    I just watched the video on the link you posted... it got the best of me. These events make me real sad. And when I think about all the people just like me, Lamont and many others on this site that have family members over there it is almost unbearable. Ken
    Let's do it people. Even if you serve only one mission, it may be the most important one to serve. Serving God, our country, and others should never be on the back burner. Besides, it feels good to serve!
    Happy Spyder Owner
    States visited on the Spyder.
    And if we live life without a passion, then we're not living.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderWolf View Post

I signed up last night.
    I just signed up too.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Army Dad View Post
    I just signed up too.
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Default Patriot Guard

I just signed up as well. Thanks for the inspiration!
    Pat

Spyder Garage

Default PGR National website open

You can sign up now, was down for a long time, Ride safe, God Bless America.

RT-S PE#0311
    Spyder Garage

It's great to see the PGR recruiting more members. Being part of a ceremony and being there by request of the family in support of their son or daughter, brother or sister, husband or wife, or mother or father is a feeling and experience you'll cherish, especially when those protesters make a mockery of a soldiers ultimate sacrifice. It leaves you with an indelible impression and a proud feeling of continued service.

God Bless!
    Last edited by Wheeler~; 07-28-2010 at 07:47 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default First mission

Quote Originally Posted by Army Dad View Post
    I just signed up too.
    I just did my first mission today. It was only a 12 minute drive, and an hour after work for me. It was a welcoming home for a fellow PGR's son that returned from Iraq. Turned out there was three soldiers (two Army and 1 Air Force) on the plane. We formed the flag line just outside of the baggage claim area. It was so cool to see people that were passing by, and airport employees joining in on the clapping. One of the boys had a smile on his face, but it looked like he was embarrassed by the attention. After he walked past the area shaking hands with those that he could I saw him wipe a tear from his eye. It was a strange experience for me, as I was proud for him, happy for his parents, and sad thinking that my daughter will be leaving in 40 days. All I can say is I am glad my first mission was someone coming home alive and well. It was also nice to meet other riders that care for the soldiers. I talked to one lady about my daughter, and she told me that when I get an address for my daughter she wants to send her cookies. Thanks for posting on this site about Patriot Guard Riders, as I would not have known about them otherwise.
    Last edited by Blue Star; 08-10-2010 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Added to posting.

Spyder Garage

Happy Spyder Owner

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default patriot guard

No need to wait until you retire. Not all members are retired. Not all members participate in every mission. Not all members even ride bikes.
    I Belong to the PGR Massachusetts

the sight is up you can joine anytime you like we stand for all service men women we keep the family safe from news people and let them have there privet service so they can morn there loss ...
    please joine all are Welcome..
    you only do the ryde's you can do ...

I have dune 23 missions and have been all over this country calf to new york.
    We stand from them any time any place we can make it .if they call for us we well be there for them ....
    Last edited by vt228; 08-11-2010 at 07:31 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I work, was not in the service, and ride a cage. Yet I was more than welcome to join and participate. In fact yesterday people walking by was invited to form the flag line. I agree, it is good to stand for those that stood for us, and you only do the missions you are able. I asked one of the guys if I had to wear the hat (PGR hat) and was told you don't have to do anything, but what I wanted to do. It was a most rewarding experience, and one I will do again.

Quote Originally Posted by vt228 View Post
    No need to wait until you retire. Not all members are retired. Not all members participate in every mission. Not all members even ride bikes.
    I Belong to the PGR Massachusetts

the sight is up you can joine anytime you like we stand for all service men women we keep the family safe from news people and let them have there privet service so they can morn there loss ...
    please joine all are Welcome..
    you only do the ryde's you can do ...

I have dune 23 missions and have been all over this country calf to new york.
    We stand from them any time any place we can make it .if they call for us we well be there for them ....

Spyder Garage

Tuesday I had my first mission with the PGR in providing the honor guard at the entrance to the Riverside National Cemetery for Officer Ryan Bonaminio who was killed while pursuing a suspect in Riverside. Over 4000 police vehicles were in the procession. It was a very humbling moment as the flag draped casket passed by my position. We should all be part of an organization that takes pride and the time to honor our fallen hero's.
    Happy Spyder Owner

RT-S PE#0311
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Spyder View Post
    Tuesday I had my first mission with the PGR in providing the honor guard at the entrance to the Riverside National Cemetery for Officer Ryan Bonaminio who was killed while pursuing a suspect in Riverside. Over 4000 police vehicles were in the procession. It was a very humbling moment as the flag draped casket passed by my position. We should all be part of an organization that takes pride and the time to honor our fallen hero's.

Out of work Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Join if you can

Respect for the fallen and the family.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Spyder View Post
    From the brother of a fallen officer, Thank You.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have never found this thread before today. Watch the two videso, they are the spirt of the PGR.

I have ridden with the PGR almost since it started here in Ohio with Missions in 2006. I am semi-retired and do as much as I can. I passed 100 a long time ago. When you go for a ride, just a ride not a Mission and pass bye a church or Cemerary and remember this was where our Mission for ******** was. It strikes home.

Go the Nationial Web site; PatriotGuard.org, read the Mission statement and if you agree, sign up. Come when you can or offer condoleonces on the site, both matter.

A question is often asked, Why did you come ? You did not know him or her.
    The answer is "WE Care".
    Please consider joining, go to a mission walk up to the person, you see and say I am new. You just met a Brother or Sister.
    OldManZues on here. PGR site:
    OldSilverHondaRider.

RT-S PE#0311
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RTGENE View Post
    Respect for the fallen and the family.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbGYx...layer_embedded
    Thanks for sharing that! Although it's been awhile, I've participated with other PGR members in aiding families of fallen soldiers and the retired who have passed and it is a life changing experience.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Oldmanzues View Post
    I have never found this thread before today. Watch the two videso, they are the spirt of the PGR.

I have ridden with the PGR almost since it started here in Ohio with Missions in 2006. I am semi-retired and do as much as I can. I passed 100 a long time ago. When you go for a ride, just a ride not a Mission and pass bye a church or Cemerary and remember this was where our Mission for ******** was. It strikes home.

Go the Nationial Web site; PatriotGuard.org, read the Mission statement and if you agree, sign up. Come when you can or offer condoleonces on the site, both matter.

A question is often asked, Why did you come ? You did not know him or her.
    The answer is "WE Care".
    Please consider joining, go to a mission walk up to the person, you see and say I am new. You just met a Brother or Sister.
    OldManZues on here. PGR site:
    OldSilverHondaRider.
    I'll be back in Ohio next week, brother. Though I don't look forward to the circumstances, I'm sure we'll meet on a future mission.

Joe
    PGR User ID: Spyder_Man

2009 Yellow SM5 with BRP R35 saddlebags, CHAD windshield, ESI Up & Out Mirror Extensions, ESI 4" Handlebar Risers, Hindle muffler, Green Filter, Juice Box Pro, Throttlemeister, Crampbuster, Cortech Sport Tailbag, trunk liner, trunk spring, 12V trunk outlet, Eastern Beaver PC8 Fuse Panel, and two dashboard Powerlet outlets.

Certified Huligan
    The user formerly known as GIJoe

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just saw this thread too. My husband and I, as well as three other local Spyder riders are members of Warriors' Watch Riders group.
    2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm a member of the Guardian Brotherhood, a local group of active,retired and honorably discharged military members. Members of our group have ridden with the PGR on missions. I hope to in the future.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default American Legion Rider / Patriot Guard Rider

Both my husband and I belong to the American Legion Riders Post 83 in Merced California and also the Patriot Guard Riders. It is such a rewarding feeling you get when you ride with the flags flying. I am sure you heard about the boy from Denair Calif who rode his bike to school each day with his flag flying. The school told him he had to stop. My grandkids called me on a Friday afternoon and told me about it and asked what we could do to make this right. Went to the Legion Post that night and told the Rider's that Bill & I were riding on Monday to Denair to show our support of the flag, the Rider's rode with us. We were shown on O'Reilly, Fox News, talked about on Hannity, Rush, & many more. The papers took our pictures, the TV stations filmed our ride. For that day the town of Denair was put on the map. We do service for God and Country.
    Last edited by Questions; 11-19-2010 at 12:48 AM.

Spyder Garage

Nice thing for people to do for sure.

So was this group formed specifically because of those nutty Westboro people or did it exist before?

Are most of the 'missions' just honoring and helping out, or do those nutjobs show up to a lot of them?

I like the idea of blocking the protesters and some engine revving when they get too loud.

Hard to believe anyone would do what these protesters are doing.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Default God Bless America

and all of our Patriots. As a vet, a parent and a PGR member, thanks to all.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Firefly,

I haven't been with the PGR for very long, but as I understand they were around long before the idiots from Westboro.

The PGR will only attend if the family requests us to be there. The jerks normally only show up at funerals of active duty soldiers killed in the line of duty. So most of the missions are only about honoring our veterans.

I've seen the idiots one time. Our only response to them was to hold a flag line between them and the street. We didn't interact with them at all, just turned our backs on them. They didn't have a chance to even get within sight of the church or anyone attending the funeral. Seemed to be pretty effective as they eventually got tired of screaming at our butts and left.

MOgang Member
    Spyder Garage

Unfortunately, the WBC idiots came first. Thus the need for what we do. The PGR was started by a few of the members of the American Legion Riders of Chapter 136 out of Kansas in 2005 to honor fallen Service members and shield the families during funerals. They have a two part mission statement:

Show our sincere respect for our fallen heroes, their families, and their communities.

Shield the mourning family and their friends from interruptions created by any protestor or group of protestors.

Thanks to all who serve
    http://www.patriotguard.org/Home/tabid/53/Default.aspx