Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can-Am luggage

Spyder Garage

Default Can-Am luggage

Hello all. I'm a new Spyder RT a/c (silver) owner. This is my first cycle, and it has taken some time to get used to. I have 380 miles on it presently and am starting to feel more comfortable at speed, and in traffic.

Has anyone on the group purchased any of the Can-Am RT luggage, and if so, does it really optimize the space in the compartments? It seems a little pricey, but if it does make the most out of the space, it would be worth it.

Dave

2010 RTS-SE, Orbital Blue
    Spyder Garage

and welcome. There have been a couple of posts dealing with question. If I remember correctly, some mentioned BMW bags and someone else mentioned some aftermarket luggage. If you go to search posts and type in "luggage", I'm sure it will direct you to some possible answers to your question.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

welcome I agree with you it is a bit $$. The best pirce I have found is at cyclecentral.com.

Spyder Garage

Default BRP luggage

Both my wife and I have purchased the BRP luggage, front and back. They fit perfectly in the compartments and we both like them a lot. They are very well constructed and make for easy plucking your stuff out of the machine after a long day of riding... Totally easy and convenient. There is an obvious small trade off for this convenience, you do loose a little space. but if you use any kind of bags to carry your stuff, that will be the case. As for us, we have two RT's and that doesn't become much of a factor. They are pricey but we were given excellent discounts from our dealer and made it reasonable. We both give the BRP bags a hearty .. Len

Quote Originally Posted by sinkhole View Post
    Hello all. I'm a new Spyder RT a/c (silver) owner. This is my first cycle, and it has taken some time to get used to. I have 380 miles on it presently and am starting to feel more comfortable at speed, and in traffic.

Has anyone on the group purchased any of the Can-Am RT luggage, and if so, does it really optimize the space in the compartments? It seems a little pricey, but if it does make the most out of the space, it would be worth it.

Dave
    Another Very Happy Owner X 2 ...
    "The Only Thing That Need Happen For Evil To Prevail Is For Good Men To Do Nothing"

Spyder Garage

welcome Anything that says BRP is expensive, except this post.
    Happy Owner

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fastfraser View Post
    Anything that says BRP is expensive, except this post.

Spyder Garage

I purchased the BRP luggage for my RT. I really like the front bag with the wheels. This one takes up the whole trunk space but the whole bag is usable. I am disappointed with the rear trunk and saddlebag liners. They dont have enough storage space for my liking. The trunk bag sits on top of a strap so it is only half the trunk size. I felt the value was good for the front trunk luggage, but way overpriced for the saddlebag & rear trunk units. Had I seen them before purchasing, I probably would not have bought them. Going on a trip this weekend and will get to try them all out.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Jornie1 View Post
    Both my wife and I have purchased the BRP luggage, front and back. They fit perfectly in the compartments and we both like them a lot. They are very well constructed and make for easy plucking your stuff out of the machine after a long day of riding... Totally easy and convenient. There is an obvious small trade off for this convenience, you do loose a little space. but if you use any kind of bags to carry your stuff, that will be the case. As for us, we have two RT's and that doesn't become much of a factor. They are pricey but we were given excellent discounts from our dealer and made it reasonable. We both give the BRP bags a hearty .. Len
    Ditto!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Back amongst the living May 2021
    2022 RT Limited Hyper Silver

Out to Pasture:
    2013 ST Limited , Black Currant
    2022 F3L , Dark Edition
    2021 RTL , Chalk Chrome
    2013 RT Limited , Circuit Yellow Metallic
    2008 GS SM5 , Millenium Yellow
    2020 RT Limited Petrol Dark
    2014 RT Limited Champagne Black
    2012 RT Limited White
    2010 Timeless Black RTS SM5
    2010 Orbital Blue RTS SM5
    2008 GS SM5 PE 1941
    2008 GS SM5 PE2011

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default luggage

I purchased the saddlebags from a dealer in Arizona. Saved $60.00, including shipping. I thought that the left one would have a notch cut out of it for the battery area but they just made it thinner instead. Lost some room when they did this.
    YOUTH AND TALENT ARE NO MATCH FOR AGE AND TREACHERY!

Spyder Garage

I purchased a couple from Cabbells (sp), that was in a post, but then I found the soft liners from a ST1100 Honda fit even better.

Good Luck, Welcome to riding.

Old Man Zues
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Default luggage

Which compartment/s did the ST-1100 Honda liners fit? I'll probably stick with the Can-Am for the front compartment, but don't like the idea of wasting space in the rear ones.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

BRP now has a least expensive side bag option for the RTS. I just picked up a set for $50. They are made out of canvas, expandable and fit nicely.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by icestorm1998 View Post
    BRP now has a least expensive side bag option for the RTS. I just picked up a set for $50. They are made out of canvas, expandable and fit nicely.

Where did you find these? I don't see them on their website.

Spyder Garage

Default Can-Am Front Luggage

Purchased the roller luggage for front..excellent quality (yep pricey)..there is room for tucking some things around like my crocs..crossword puzzle book..sm pair binocs...that kind of thing. Definitely like having it. Still using Cabelas soft sides for side compartments. In back I have 2 sterilite with lids that hold all those "in case of items"..then put a piece of 1" foam on top to make a shelf..that holds my ipod/xm sky dock...extra water...camera&lens..sm tripod...
    I really am amazed at how much stuff I can get on the Spyder...and once in awhile I add toothpaste & deodorant!!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sinkhole View Post
    Which compartment/s did the ST-1100 Honda liners fit? I'll probably stick with the Can-Am for the front compartment, but don't like the idea of wasting space in the rear ones.
    Side saddlebags. I did not stuff them overfull, but full

Old Man Zues
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Default luggage...

Thanks all for the input.
    After looking at some standard luggage that is about the right size, but lacks tapers in the right places, I'll probably go with the Can-Am front piece. For the time being, I'll use a couple of soft pieces I already own for the side bags.

Spyder Garage

earth to icestorm you are in the RT section, yet you have a 2009 spyder in your profile. My question
    is why did you buy canvas spyder bags for your 2009. And saying because I could is not a
    legitimate answer?................If they fit the RS, then great , give us a part #.

now listen people these bags are extraordinary, at least the front and rear I have. The rear is
    absolutely a gem. You have to put some stuff, like the travel cover and something else to fill
    up the space but when you put the shelf on top and then the bag in the very most top area, it
    works FANTASTIC. when I disembark I put my gloves, garmin, house keys etc. in the little zip
    compartment. On the shelf under neath the bag I have my ipod connection resting in one
    tray and in the other is my ciglighter/phone charger.

and yes, now that i have the trailer I will be purchasing the side bags, and storing my helmets in the trailer.

Spyder Garage

i bought this road gear bags (15 usd) for the side - fits perfect
    don`t know if you find it also in america

http://www.highlite.nl/highlite/silv...ags/gear_bag_1
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

welcome cool car
    SPYDRRR

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TicketBait View Post

earth to icestorm you are in the RT section, yet you have a 2009 spyder in your profile. My question
    is why did you buy canvas spyder bags for your 2009. And saying because I could is not a
    legitimate answer?................If they fit the RS, then great , give us a part #.
    Hey, how about showing a little respect? There are much more polite ways to express yourself. Your point is well made, but your delivery lacks finesse.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Hey, how about showing a little respect? There are much more polite ways to express yourself. Your point is well made, but your delivery lacks finesse.
    point well taken, didn't have my literary agent or publicist proof read before I went and blabbed on icestorm1998. Please accept my apologies icestorm1998 .

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

No problem.. Not sure where you saw I had an 09 Spyder.. it should have shown that I had an 08 RS... traded that in back in December and bought a 2010 RTS. Anyway, I got the soft bags from my dealer for $50. plus tax.. They've got the CanAm logo and fit nicely. I've attached a quick pic of them .. I can't find my slip for the stock number cause my time is running short as I'm headed out on a 2500 mile spyder trip with a sucky rear suspension.

Spyder Garage

No problem.. Not sure where you saw I had an 09 Spyder.. it should have shown that I had an 08 RS... traded that in back in December and bought a 2010 RTS. Anyway, I got the soft bags from my dealer for $50. plus tax.. They've got the CanAm logo and fit nicely. I've attached a quick pic of them .. I can't find my slip for the stock number cause my time is running short as I'm headed out on a 2500 mile spyder trip with a sucky rear suspension.
    Now and welcome back to the RT new owners group is validated. Ryght on!!
    Wheeler~ Spyder rydin' tyre syde down!

2013 Spyder RTS SE5
    [CENTER]Respect is common ground we all can share![CENTER]

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Really Cheap Side Bags for RT

Went to Sears with my husband to buy a torque wrench to complete adding a handlebar riser on the RS. I spotted these Craftsman canvas "tool" bags on sale for $6.99. I bought 2 for my RT. I might even use one as a real tool bag. Bag.jpg

bag 2.jpg
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default BRP canvas side bags...??

Can you let me know where they are available. I can't find them in BRP accessories. ... Len

Another Very Happy Owner X 2 ...
    "The Only Thing That Need Happen For Evil To Prevail Is For Good Men To Do Nothing"