Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default A message from Yves Leduc Vice President & General Manager BRP

Dear Spyder owner and SpyderRyder member.

I would like to extend my personal thank you for joining us at our fourth BRP-hosted Spyder Owners Event. We inaugurated this yearly event with the "Homecoming" in Valcourt in 2008 followed by the "Red Carpet" event in Hollywood last Summer and a few weeks ago, the first European event with the "Rotax Homecoming". The destinations are all unique but what makes them truly successful is the camaraderie and passion for the ryde as expressed by dedicated owners, just like yourself.

There are many reasons we host such events but the most important is quite simple: to connect with our owners by spending time together, staging an environment and an opportunity for a great and memorable time. In short, to get acquainted and to say "Thank you!". For me personally, this annual gathering is inspiring. I look forward to it, because I love your passion, I listen to suggestions, and want to help the best way I can when you express concerns. I know my entire team feels the same way, because we know this connection with all of you is vital and necessary if we want Spyder to become the success we all wish for. Plus, and more importantly, these events are just fun!

However, upon my return home from this year's Owners event, I felt that we missed out on the essential – providing you and your fellow owners the best possible environment to share your passion for the ride. And, this environment should have been more in line with riding destinations – not congested urban areas. Many of you appreciated riding other BRP products but, in the end, I believe our most important lesson learned was that we spent so much effort building "The ultimate Playground" with the intent to deliver a homerun multi-product experience to our owners, it resulted in less focus on providing quality time together.

I believe that we did not meet your expectations for this year's event and I apologize for this. We'll certainly make it up to you with future editions and we will better listen to your feedback and recommendations from your peers and ambassadors. Speaking of ambassadors, I read recent remarks on the web forums such as SpyderLovers.com that we had been ungrateful by omitting to thank our ambassadors at lunch. Those comments really stung me! Personally, I never miss an opportunity to thank our ambassadors. I know my team does the same and Lamont, Fred, Ken, Marc, Daniel, and all the others know how grateful we are for their unbelievable engagement and passion. The fact it was not mentioned at lunch is a mistake, and we are sorry, but you should know our gratitude is expressed, and will continue to be, at every level in our organization.

Spyder is a great adventure: we're basically inventing a new industry and community together. For BRP, this is our first product on the open road, it means we're bringing new people to our playground. So we're discovering as we go, which means we'll make mistakes. But be sure of one thing: we are as much passionate about learning and improving, as we are about Spyder! Thanks for your abundant feedback following last week's event. We are already taking it into account for future events. Please continue providing us your feedback and ideas.

I look forward to seeing you, and a growing number of SpyderRyders at next year's event!

Yves Leduc

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Nice!

Spyder Garage

Quebec City 2011...any seconds?
    Northramp
    2009 RED SE5, Very Happy Owner (1-15-09)

Spyder Garage

Very impressive!
    Ryde Safe!

"There are two things you can never get back. A word after it is said and time after it is gone."

Spyder Garage

Very nice, Lamont I want to personally Thank You for starting the "What was you impression of the owners event" thread. This avenue was used well in people voicing their opinions, some good, some bad, but gave everyone the opportunity to express their opinions. Most of all it worked BRP listens and watches and I personally can't wait to see whats next for Owners.

Thanks Lamont for the support,
    Thanks BRP for listening!

Jim
    Happy Spyder Owner

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Onest message!
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

pitbull

Center things around the spyders and the ryders....thats what its all about the Spyders and the friendships! give us something to do and don't make us do anything! think low cost and have something going on the whole time even if you don't want to do it....These people like being together and hanging out, but would like options....they like to ryde but its not only about that. Games are good but can be over done. We like to be treated like friends not part of a heard........ KISS!!! keep it simple stupid, is the way most of us ryde. an adventure with out all the rules leave it open but never let the party stop! Just my @ cents

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by northramp View Post
    +1
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

how about Texas for 2011....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by docdoru View Post
    +1

+2

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default GATLINBURG

HOW ABOUT GATLINGURG!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dave711 View Post
    how about Texas for 2011....
    Great BRP response and I'll 2nd Texas as the next event location.

Glynnk
    Happy 10 RT-SPE owner!!

Spyder Garage

Wink Very upstanding...

Even though my wife and I had been unable to attend this year ... This is very encouraging to read. It is not very often the "Big guns" bring comments out in this fashion, and that is commendable.

Makes me proud to own a Spyder!

Now I cannot speak for others... But man... How about a spot in the Blue Ridge Mountains for an event??? Some of the most beautiful Ryding in those neck of the woods
    BlUe SpYder RT-S SE5 #303I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it ... Proud Member of A.S.S. (Average Senile Spyderryder)

Our 2010 RT-S Mods... *Warning* If you can read this, it is already too late and there is no known cure. You have Spydervirus.

Spyder Garage

Cookville, TN.

Spyder Garage

Wow! After reading about the Chicago gathering and hearing some very well thought out critiques it is impressive to hear this kind of open and candid response straight from the company.
    Dan

Spyder Garage

No more cities please. I haven't been to any yet because of the settings. I have been to Americade and Gatlinburg, now those are nice settings or something similar.
    Happy Spyder Owner
    ISCI Floorboards, Ebrake extension peg, Hand Brake, and hyway pegs, tjfisher2 passenger peg extension, BRP 23" Ultra Touring Windshied, Backrest, Fog Lights, 12volt accessory plug, NMN 4" handlebar risers, Auto Zone red LEDs, BRP Comfort seat, Evoluzione sway bar, powerbus, powerlets and air shock.

Spyder Garage

Default Owners event

First
    Thank you Lamont for sharing your letter.
    We all needed to hear what BRP was thinking after they read Spyderlovers posts.
    My guess is that someone had to knock on the Boss's door and tell him we goofed on this one. Wringing his hands the messenger asked what can we do.
    HE'S THE BOSS -----and he says's I'll write to Lamont.
    Thanks again for sharing
    Beyond happy SpyderLover

Spyder Garage

I would guess that he read our comments. I am glad he took it as constructive criticism. I am glad that he appears to have a positive attitude about it and the willingness to listen and strive to improve it.
    As I look back on the event, I think more support and involvement from local dealers would be beneficial. I just think it's hard to make last minute adjustments when everybody is from out of town. I belong to a National Ford tractor club, and one thing we do well in advance of our annual show, is to name a "Kingpin" He is a local person who checks out motels and makes a recommendation. They also act as a go between for us and the host club, letting them know what we need, ei: space, a tent, tables chairs etc. And if something comes up during the show that is the person you seek out. Anyhow I don't think BRP was too far off the mark.
    Just taking away the heat and humidity, or not being in downtown Chicago for part of the event would have changed things drastically.
    I am definately looking forward to the next event. One thing I think would be cool is to get an organized photo of all the spyders lined up.
    Longlegs rides again.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Very impressive response. Thanks for sharing, Lamonster. I'd love to vote for Texas but my vote goes for Ruidoso, NM. A fairly small town with lots of nice riding country and they have the facilities. They have hosted the Aspencade and other rallies for years.

Cotton

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Longlegs View Post
    .....One thing I think would be cool is to get an organized photo of all the spyders lined up.
    Or a group photo of all the owners...maybe taken from the balcony.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Now that he wrote the letter..maybe he and his team can get back to making better products and fixing the supply chain of backordered parts.
    I really do wish I would have attended, but the thought of driving all the way there to just drive through a downtown area like the one I have here was not very comforting. Good to see they reconize this and will strive for a better location in the future.
    Of course, TN would be great, pretty central for most of us and well, they have some of the best roads in this country for riding.

BRP on the BRP "Blue Ridge Parkway" in 2011...pass it around..might catch on.

Very Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Pretty impressive to come out so straightforward pertaining to many of the 'reviews' posted out here.

Spyder Owners meet 2011 -- Podunk USA!

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

That was a nice letter - acknowledges errors in judgment and takes into account the feedback of attendees.
    There are many wonderful spots in the US and Canada that would be good spots but I have to say for many of us U.S. citizens it would be more convenient for us to have it in the States just to avoid many having to deal with passports, etc.
    Also have to consider that over the course of several days for a true "riding event" there have to be quite a few good riding roads to enjoy. I love the Blue Ridge, but basically it's one direction once you start with not many pit stops (even port-a-potties) without leaving the parkway and traveling to a nearby town. Not nearly enough fueling stops, etc.
    The Road Runner magazine has what they call "Shamrock Tours" featured in every issue....a central location from which you can ride out in all four directions (N, S, E, W), make a big loop and end up back at your original destination at the end of that ride. This type of scenario makes sense when you get a big group together so that independent groups can head out without every one being in one big cluster. Then have some activities at the "hub". Need to pick a spot that has several motels/hotels, camping opportunities and enough decent restaurants to accommodate the crowd.
    Just my opinion.

Spyder Garage

Oui oui !!!

Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly !

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quebec City or La Tuque. Guaranteed it would be the most Spyders in attendance. Well over 500.