Spyder Garage

Default My Spyder Wheels!!!

I just received my wheels from Ride Wright Wheels. I'm going to have tires mounted on Saturday, so I'll post pics in the mean time. I can't say enough about the wonderful service I received from Sam and the crew at Ride Wright. The wheels are 17x7 bare aluminum, highly polished. I'm going with a 205/40 17 tire, so just barely taller than stock. I've already trimmed my fenders in preparation, so we'll see how it looks.
    Old Spyder Mods:
    No Magic Neon Triple Play II, Leo Vince SBK Exhaust, MMG Backrest, BRP Seat Skin, XOPRODOX Grips & Throttle Rocker, Paint By Tallant's Hot Rods, Kewl Metal Air Filter, Juice Box, Evoluzione O2 Mod, DEI Titanium Exhaust Wrap, Ride Wright Mojo Wheels and Pulley, Custom Handlebars, Relocated Ignition Switch, Madstad Robo Brackets, Evoluzione Swaybar, RT Shocks/Springs, Toyo R1R, Odyssey Battery, Lowered Shock Mount, SFB Floorboards, Fenderless w/ Custom License Bracket.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Very nice. I'm lookng forward to seeing the finished product.

Spyder Garage

Very cool

Spyder Garage

Those look good, and it should be a very interesting mod. Best of luck with everything.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Nice!

Spyder Garage

Default Good Lookin'

Nice wheels. Looking forward to seeing the final result.

Previous owner of a 2008 Spyder SM5.
    Current owner of a 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default AWSOME

I bet that will set it SO FAR APART from other , cant wait to see it.

Spyder Garage

Angry

Well, I took my wheels to the local NTB and they put a couple of gouges in them. It made me sick. They have an alloy wheel repair guy they typically cantract with, so they will see if they can get them fixed. I am completely irate at the moment!
    Old Spyder Mods:
    No Magic Neon Triple Play II, Leo Vince SBK Exhaust, MMG Backrest, BRP Seat Skin, XOPRODOX Grips & Throttle Rocker, Paint By Tallant's Hot Rods, Kewl Metal Air Filter, Juice Box, Evoluzione O2 Mod, DEI Titanium Exhaust Wrap, Ride Wright Mojo Wheels and Pulley, Custom Handlebars, Relocated Ignition Switch, Madstad Robo Brackets, Evoluzione Swaybar, RT Shocks/Springs, Toyo R1R, Odyssey Battery, Lowered Shock Mount, SFB Floorboards, Fenderless w/ Custom License Bracket.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

If not then make them buy you a new pair of rims. Just Tires scratched a set of my rims on my truck, I made them pay me for them. Take the new ones to a high end custom rim shop in your area, they should know how to put the rims on without nicking them. I have a pair of 17X7 on my spyder with Yokohama S Drive tires 195/40 R17, not many shops can balance the rims, some shops have different machines which they can put an adapter on it to fit the rims. The rims look very nice, wait until you ride it. Take your time, it is a very different ride with better handling.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Blackwidow74; 06-11-2010 at 11:02 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwidow74 View Post
    If not then make them buy you a new pair of rims. Just Tires scratched a set of my rims on my truck, I made them pay me for them. Take the new ones to a high end custom rim shop in your area, they should know how to put the rims on without nicking them. I have a pair of 17X7 on my spyder with Yokohama S Drive tires 195/40 R17, not many shops can balance the rims, some shops have different machines which they can put an adapter on it to fit the rims. The rims look very nice, wait until you ride it. Take your time, it is a very different ride with better handling.

They have agreed to pay for the fix. How come you decided to switch to the 195 width? I thought I remembered another post of yours stating you went with 205. Either one works with the nanny, I was just curious that's alll.
    Old Spyder Mods:

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Congratz to your new wheels! looks nice!