Thread: HE"S BACK!!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default HE"S BACK!!!

Well I am back on the Spyder again the doctors gave me a titanium and hard chrome hip mod. Not sure what Manufacturer they used but I don't think it is a Two Brothers or Magic brand(no LED's) but it works good.I went riding over the weekend, only about 60 miles and I was pretty tired, it will take while to get my stamina back. It was nice to see the other drivers reaction again. Lots of thumbs up. I have not started to ride to work yet I am still dead tired at the end of the day. I am still using a cane and I have a nice one that folds up and fits easily into the trunk. If anyone is riding this way feel free to contact me. I don't think I will be doing any long distance riding this Summer. But I will be riding.

Spyder Garage

Is your hip fully replaced?? I'm getting a new one in October. Sooner if there is a cancellation in the surgeon's schedule.

Good luck with your rehab! Good to know that you are back on three wheels even before you are walking without some assistance!!

Wishing you well!
    Marilyn

Spyder Garage

Very glad to hear you are back on the saddle again. Take it easy, and continue to heal up. Best wishes to you and your continued recovery.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

Good to have you back!

God bless.
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

Needless to say I also have a folding cane with handicap tag on the spyder.
    I go for long or short rides. If it hurts I stop a bit take a little rest, walk and continue on.
    Suprising, the ride seems to help me as I am getting less dependent upon the cane. Or it is just in my head.

Ride on, Ride ssfe, and whatever you decided to do.. RIDE like someone is chasing you.

Glad you are in the recovery mode..

PS: I was born and raised a bit south-East of you on the OK border.. Like Coffeyville, KS.
    Last edited by effgjamis; 06-03-2010 at 08:22 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

It's good to be back in the saddle. I know how you feel, I still just getting off the chemo and am super tired at the end of the day. But I did just sit in the saddle yesterday and it felt good. Maybe ride next month.
    Cheers to all!!!

Spyder Garage

Glad to have you back. The folding cane sounds like a winner. Nancy had to strap hers to her grab rails. Enjoy the Ryde!
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Welcome back RoBo Dan.

Roger

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear things are working out for you. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Hope to meet you on the road some day.

David
    David
    McKinney, TX

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Glad to hear you're back & ryding again. Just in time for the hot & humid weather Kansas is so well known for. If I make it down your way I'll give you a shout. I have some friends that live in Augusta.

Deb

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for all the good wishes, DynamoBT they only did the lower half of the hip since it was done because the hip was broken in two right below the socket. No one has any idea of how it broke the bone tested to be very strong. The socket was in good shape so I did not have to have the top done at this time. If any one comes don't bother with a motel. I have two guest rooms and a 15 acre lake to fish in right out my back door. By the way the folding cane is from Walgreen's only $20.00. My Dad used one for about seven years they stand up well, and let you stand up as well. Don't look for extensive physical therapy with the hip replacement they don't do much, you heal then walk thats about it.
    Make sure you see a occupational therapist. You cant bend over or cross your legs so they have some great aids, my favorite is the rubber shoe laces, so you can tie your shoes in your lap then just slip them on. They also gave me a great aid for putting my socks on! See you on the road!

Spyder Garage

Glad you are back and ready to ride. Stay healthy and enjoy!
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.