Thread: JL Audio System

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default JL Audio System

Picture of front compartment with JL Audio system.
    http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_s...hp?fit_id=1650

Spyder Garage

Will not fit the RT
    BlUe SpYder RT-S SE5 #303I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it ... Proud Member of A.S.S. (Average Senile Spyderryder)

Our 2010 RT-S Mods... *Warning* If you can read this, it is already too late and there is no known cure. You have Spydervirus.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Not sure how many here actually know of JL Audio, but this system is going to absolutely rock. The one on the RT will be weak sauce.lol

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by surfnkona2 View Post
    "If you have to ask 'How much?' you know it's too expensive."

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wukka View Post
    "If you have to ask 'How much?' you know it's too expensive."
    $1500 complete isn't all that bad considering you get a sub, speakers, pods, wiring, enclosure in a nice and tidy package.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default jl audio system

looks nice, but where do you put your helmet, let alone 2 helmets ? had a discussion previous with a nice lady spyder ryder, and she could not stuff 2 helmets in her trunk , or was questioning how I could stuff 2 in my trunk with an alpine deck mounted similar to this ?????

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

When I see this type of sound system on a bike all it does is make my ears ring. I mean, I would love to have this set up. I'm a JL Audio user through and through. But I have to use ear plugs just to hear after riding for about 1 1/2 hours because my ear will ring. So, I couldn't imagine how loud I would have to play my music on this in order for me to hear. I can't even think about the people who wear no hearing protection AND listen to music on systems similar to this (stock or aftermarket).

I guess the solution would be to purchase ear plugs that can isolate sound to a certain decibel. I know Sensaphonics makes one but I'm afraid to ask what it will cost since their price isn't listed.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K.C. View Post
    When I see this type of sound system on a bike all it does is make my ears ring. I mean, I would love to have this set up. I'm a JL Audio user through and through. But I have to use ear plugs just to hear after riding for about 1 1/2 hours because my ear will ring. So, I couldn't imagine how loud I would have to play my music on this in order for me to hear. I can't even think about the people who wear no hearing protection AND listen to music on systems similar to this (stock or aftermarket).

I guess the solution would be to purchase ear plugs that can isolate sound to a certain decibel. I know Sensaphonics makes one but I'm afraid to ask what it will cost since their price isn't listed.
    They're around $150.00. $50.00 of that is for the Audioligist to take impressions of your ears.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SPYDERGUY1 View Post
    looks nice, but where do you put your helmet, let alone 2 helmets ? had a discussion previous with a nice lady spyder ryder, and she could not stuff 2 helmets in her trunk , or was questioning how I could stuff 2 in my trunk with an alpine deck mounted similar to this ?????
    Hang them on the mirrors. Buy a retractable lock.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Justin View Post
    They're around $150.00. $50.00 of that is for the Audioligist to take impressions of your ears.
    That's not so bad. Now, only if I could get their ProPhonic 2X-S Custom Molded Earphones and tie them into my Interphone F4 headset. That would be the best...isolate the engine and wind noise and hear my music and navigation at lower volume levels.

Spyder Garage

That looks pretty cool, but I doubt the general public would want to hear my music at the level it would have to be cranked up to in order for me to hear it. I suppose I could always claim I was partially deaf, or well on my way to being there if I had that installed.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderWolf View Post
    That looks pretty cool, but I doubt the general public would want to hear my music at the level it would have to be cranked up to in order for me to hear it. I suppose I could always claim I was partially deaf, or well on my way to being there if I had that installed.
    i force my taste in music to everyone around me everyday.
    i have to overpower two brothers pipe without the tip and evoluzione's race air intake so you know the music has to be loud. some would raise their window but i don't know if it's because of music or two bros or the extra smoggy exhaust from the pipe. but i try to cater to everybody by mixing it up a bit.
    6 states down 42 states to go

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by aka1004 View Post
    i force my taste in music to everyone around me everyday.
    i have to overpower two brothers pipe without the tip and evoluzione's race air intake so you know the music has to be loud. some would raise their window but i don't know if it's because of music or two bros or the extra smoggy exhaust from the pipe. but i try to cater to everybody by mixing it up a bit.
    I like your idea of mixing it up for them.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyd3r

Quote Originally Posted by surfnkona2 View Post
    Anyone seen or heard these yet?????

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

A friend of mine had this unit installed and it sounds great. She did not have the woofer installed and it still sound great.

Spyder Garage

got offered this system at cost but they wanted my spyder as a demo at laconia bike week and i had to say no and to be honest i didnt like the look
    THOSE WHO LIVE BY THE SWORD DIE BY THE SWORD... BUT...THOSE WHO MASTER THE SWORD SURVIVE BY THE SWORD....
    Rev. J. Proctor
    reverendproctor.com

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Spyd3r View Post
    Anyone seen or heard these yet?????
    Yes, a lady here has them on her phantom Spyder. Sounds really nice, however the unit takes up a good portion of the trunk space. She has the Corbin saddlebags and trunk which helps with that.

It looks kinda weird from the front but really cool from the seat position.
    We are a happy THREE Spyder family!
    My Rides: 2008 Quantum Blue Premier Edition Spyder GS SM5 (#1344)
    2015 Pearl White / Red Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM6
    2016 Intense Pearl Red Can-Am Spyder F3-T SE6
    2019 Chevrolet Volt (ER-EV)
    2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport X 4.0L I-6

RETIRED Owner / Event Coordinator - Annual Western Regional Can-Am Spyder Rallies
    Spyders in the Redwoods and Red Rock Spyder Rally of Southern Utah

The West Coast's Can-Am Spyder Community Ambassador
    2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by K.C. View Post

SureFire EarPro EP3's - I work for SF, I use these, I love them. Under $15. I use them for riding and for shooting... from pistols all the way through a .308 minigun and .50 BMG. Great isolation and comfort, but still hear sounds up to 85dB. Regular hearing tests (from the on staff audiologist) shows no hearing loss from my 'noisy' exploits. My son plays in several bands and uses them when practicing and on stage.

http://www.surefire.com/EP3-Sonic-Defenders

I'm wearing them here yet can still hear conversation (of course, NOT while firing):
    Last edited by QuadManiac; 08-13-2010 at 03:12 PM.
    '08 SE5 #123 - Red - F1 Slider - BRP Comfort Seat - Spyder City 3" Riser