Thread: Deals Gap

Spyder Garage

Default Deals Gap

I have got a friend here at work that is making a trip to NC on there HD. There plan is to make a stop at Deals Gap. We are still hearing rumors that the Dragon is still closed due the rock slides. Can anyone confirm this rumor or what's up? Thanks in advance!

Spyder Garage

Default Deals Gap Open

Here's the website for the Deal's Gap Motorcycle Store and Resort... http://www.dealsgap.com/index.html
    There's a notice on their site saying the Dragon is open on a limited basis until the rock slide on US129 is cleaned up.... Len

Quote Originally Posted by mclaw44 View Post
    I have got a friend here at work that is making a trip to NC on there HD. There plan is to make a stop at Deals Gap. We are still hearing rumors that the Dragon is still closed due the rock slides. Can anyone confirm this rumor or what's up? Thanks in advance!

Spyder Garage

You can do the Dragon but it's essentially a closed road. You enter from the North Carolina side and continue until the road is blocked by the police. You turn around and then go back out the way you came.
    It's still a fun ride.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/v...ls&videoid=154
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Default Dragon

Saw a black RT leaving the dragon on the 15th....
    2019 Ryker Rally

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'll be on it in two weeks!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I was there last week. True, you enter and exit the Dragon from the NC side. If you start at Deal's Gap, you can still get 11 miles in. The road is blocked and guarded about 2 1/2 miles up from the slide (you cannot see the slide from the barricade). The run was not too crowded, especially during the week. Weekends are a little worse. The road is only open from 8AM to 8PM but it was alot of fun
    The other roads like the Cherohala Skyway are open, ready and waiting.
    Go for it!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

My wife and I are on our way back from the dragon. As of Monday it is open from the south about 11 miles. It is only open from 0800-2000. You can run it up and turn around at the last big overlook is what we did. TN Troopers are still watching it close. They said you can go 39mph. Hit 40 or over and you will get a ticket.

Chuck