Spyder Garage

Default 2333 gets a 1060

Hi all I just got done doing the 6% overbore kit with the 13;1 pistons from Ken. Taking it easy so far, and the spyder is still learning the new equipment, but I remain hopeful it will line out and make the investment worth while. I am starting to feel, however, that I may be in the market for a Commander when they get sorted out. With the 13:1s and a ceramic coated exhaust and the Leo Vince exhaust baffle less, it does have a nice bark to it.

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2333 View Post
    Hi all I just got done doing the 6% overbore kit with the 13;1 pistons from Ken. Taking it easy so far, and the spyder is still learning the new equipment, but I remain hopeful it will line out and make the investment worth while. I am starting to feel, however, that I may be in the market for a Commander when they get sorted out. With the 13:1s and a ceramic coated exhaust and the Leo Vince exhaust baffle less, it does have a nice bark to it.

Cool stuff-- please keep us posted!

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Did you do anything other than the pistons? Camshafts for instance? We're camshafts an option? I hate asking about $$$ but was it expensive to do? I'm asking a lot of questions because I might be interested in doing something like this in the future. The turbo is way too expensive and I personally don't like the look of the turbo exposed and the black exhaust. I would like to find at least 20 reliable horsepower somewhere

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DietitianBill View Post
    Did you do anything other than the pistons? Camshafts for instance? We're camshafts an option? I hate asking about $$$ but was it expensive to do? I'm asking a lot of questions because I might be interested in doing something like this in the future. The turbo is way too expensive and I personally don't like the look of the turbo exposed and the black exhaust. I would like to find at least 20 reliable horsepower somewhere

I'm also interested
    2008 SM5, F1 EvoIII slide, Hindle, Race Air Flow System, O2 Delete, Fuel Pressure Modfier, Powerbus System, BRP 6 Spoke, 12V power supply x2, 1" Handel Bar Riser, CompuStar Alarm System w/pager, Mono Seat Cover, Brake Caliper Trim, Trunk Liner, Outdoor Cover, Carbon Fiber SM5 Handelbar Inserts, Carbon Fiber Tank Knee Pads, TBR Juice Box.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

x3

Spyder Garage

It was kind of expensive, but remember the old phrase;speed costs money, how fast do you want to go? I don't have a figure for the engine work alone, because the engine hard parts were just a few of the things I accumulated as part of the stuff I did over the winter. I also got new cylinders so I could keep my originals, bought and had ceramic coated an entire exhaust system, had the rear taillights shaved......it's hard to pick out just what the engine parts cost. I would recommend anyone looking to do this to call Ken at Evoluzione. Yes, cams, head work, and larger valves are an option, but with no ( at the time at least ) tuning options we decided that I would be entering "No mans' land" as far as tuning goes so I left the heads stock ..........for now.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2333 View Post
    It was kind of expensive, but remember the old phrase;speed costs money, how fast do you want to go? I don't have a figure for the engine work alone, because the engine hard parts were just a few of the things I accumulated as part of the stuff I did over the winter. I also got new cylinders so I could keep my originals, bought and had ceramic coated an entire exhaust system, had the rear taillights shaved......it's hard to pick out just what the engine parts cost. I would recommend anyone looking to do this to call Ken at Evoluzione. Yes, cams, head work, and larger valves are an option, but with no ( at the time at least ) tuning options we decided that I would be entering "No mans' land" as far as tuning goes so I left the heads stock ..........for now.

How about a pic of the shaved lights? How much extra HP do you guestimate?
    2008 SM5, F1 EvoIII slide, Hindle, Race Air Flow System, O2 Delete, Fuel Pressure Modfier, Powerbus System, BRP 6 Spoke, 12V power supply x2, 1" Handel Bar Riser, CompuStar Alarm System w/pager, Mono Seat Cover, Brake Caliper Trim, Trunk Liner, Outdoor Cover, Carbon Fiber SM5 Handelbar Inserts, Carbon Fiber Tank Knee Pads, TBR Juice Box.

Spyder Garage

I meant to say turn signals, sorry. I have been playing around with fuel pressure in an attempt to tune for the new pistons and bore. Twice now after a ride of some length and shutting the bike off for a short while, the engine tried to start and then did not. After turning off the key and saying a little prayer (one time the wife was with me!) the bike started and entered limp mode. After speaking with Ken, we decided to throw a new battery in the bike and see what happens. I did that yesterday, but now the computer for engine mamagement is back to it's baseline settings, so I will have to put a few heat cycles on her to see if the battery was the problem. I hope.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default 1060 Kit

With 13:1 compression, what fuel are you running now?

Spyder Garage

BP 93. I can get 105 near me, but not everywhere I go, so staying with a readily available octane rating.