Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Talking Triton trailer

I ended up buying a Triton 1082. Many of the companies you reccomended were not very good at responding to email. Others were too pricey or too long a back log on orders. Bought from C&T Cycle in Scottsburg, IN. Ended up with the 1082 with stone guard, surge brakes, bi-fold ramp. Still don't have the RT. I bought it because it was supposed to be in quickly, but still not there.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Trailering a Spyder - Triton 1064B

When required, I use a Triton 1064B. It is extremely light weight (400 lbs.) and has less wind drag with the Bi-Fold ramp. On many trailers with a ramp you might have to use ramp extensions/blocks to keep the Spyder nose "clean".Purchased from Larry Bierstedt, Aluminum Trailer Connection, Houston,TX atci@swbell.net. Very pleased with the performance. I like pulling payload, not trailer weight.Happy Haulin'
    Last edited by ridesilver2009; 06-19-2010 at 04:38 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jsteffey View Post
    Thanks for all the advice and options. A couple snags have arisen.

A Triton dealer says the the ramp of the MCCTD is to narrow - 36". A sales rep. for AST recommends the AST3 as the AST is only 54" wide. Spyder sales man measured the outside wheel span to be 62.8" Would those riders with the above please adivse?

May I suggest another option: Aluma trailers. alumaklm.com. I just bought model 6810 which is an all aluminum open trailer with a bed of about 6x9.5 feet with a bifold gate. Weight is 440lbs. They're less expensive than Triton.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    I put pool noodles on my cables, to prevent accidenttal scratches. They work great for keeping me from tripping over the cables, too!
    Absolutely second that thought. Have been using noodles on my toy hauler since I nearly broke my neck tripping and noticed the Grands' noodles laying around. Keep em in the trailer now!!!!!
    Replaced my Lamonster Certified RT Limited #1874 With a 2018 RTL.

Spyder Garage

It seems as though everyone has their own favorite, mine is a 6x6x10 airlite that I tow behind a Winnebago 31 Class C.
    You need to be real careful re the actual door width. Mine is 63" and my Spyder 59". I laid out some 2x2 pressure treatened pieces along the sides to guide it in and prevent scratches and damage. I also installed a winch just in case.
    Good luck, they make a great combo.
    ".........regrets are only memories written across my brow, and there's nothing I can do about it now......" Wille Nelson

Spyder Garage

I bought a 7 x 12 enclosed tall boy with electric brakes to haul behind my 26' Alegra class A motorhome. It is amazing how much other stuff that can be fitted in this mobile garage that would otherwise need to be in or on the motorhome. My RT SE5 drives right in with no problem, I use 2" wide adjustable straps thru the wheels to make sure she stays put on our wonderful roads. 3000 miles so far and no problems!!!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by timeless View Post
    I bought a 7 x 12 enclosed tall boy with electric brakes to haul behind my 26' Alegra class A motorhome. It is amazing how much other stuff that can be fitted in this mobile garage that would otherwise need to be in or on the motorhome. My RT SE5 drives right in with no problem, I use 2" wide adjustable straps thru the wheels to make sure she stays put on our wonderful roads. 3000 miles so far and no problems!!!!!
    Yes, indeed! I love my 7x12 v-nose tallboy. Hauls either Spyder with ease...plus two vintage bikes if it is Nancy's RS aboard, the camp kitchen, canopies, cots, etc. Ours is an R&R, all aluminum, what is yours?
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

RT-S PE#0016
    Spyder Garage

Default Trailering my RTS

Enclosed trailer is the way to go. Mine is a 7x12 Pace Journey The RTS fits nice and I still have room is back of the to strap my Zuma 125 too. Works for me anyway.

Jim PE 0016

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Trailer for Spyder

I think I am goiing to try putting my Spyder on my tow dollie I use for the cars behind the motorhome. I know the wheel width will fit. Just put it in neutral and free wheel the back tire. New tow dollies are about $1500.00

Just an idea.

Spyder Garage

I have a 6x6x10 Airlite Trailer that I tow behind my Class C--pictures available under "My Trailer" in my profile. It was fairly inexpensive, plus I can push it around by myself when it's empty. The extra length to the ramp makes it easy to get in sand out. Some 2x2 PT anlong the sides keeps it from getting scratched at the opening.
    ".........regrets are only memories written across my brow, and there's nothing I can do about it now......" Wille Nelson

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder trailer

Hi. New to the group bbecause I just bought a RT A&C. I am a full-time RV'er, so I am looking for a way to transport the Spyder. Whoo has found a trailer specific to the Spyder? Any other recommendtions?
    I just purchased a spyder RS with the intention of pulling it behind my Tiffin Phaeton. After much research, plan to purchase an Aluma TK1 trike trailer. It will just fit the Can Am. Very well made and light enough to be moveable by one person in any RV park situation.
    best price I have found, complete with spare tire ect was $3000.

Your thoughts??

Spyder Garage

Hi. New to the group bbecause I just bought a RT A&C. I am a full-time RV'er, so I am looking for a way to transport the Spyder. Whoo has found a trailer specific to the Spyder? Any other recommendtions?
    Hard to know what you mean by RV'er (coach or trailering) but check this out.

http://www.hydralift-usa.com/canam-spyder/

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Burdendl View Post
    I just purchased a spyder RS with the intention of pulling it behind my Tiffin Phaeton. After much research, plan to purchase an Aluma TK1 trike trailer. It will just fit the Can Am. Very well made and light enough to be moveable by one person in any RV park situation.
    best price I have found, complete with spare tire ect was $3000.

Your thoughts??
    Don't know if this is to far away but, it could be worth the call. (478) 788-9039

http://macon.ebayclassifieds.com/tra...es/?ad=8588277

Identify what you have control over and find peace with what you don't.

Spyder Garage

Default One more..

6 x 10...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Regards-

Frank.

2014 Cognac RT-S SE6 1330
    2011 Viper Red RT-S SE5 998 (sold)

Spyder Garage

Default Love the trailer.

Ghost_Rider. Trailer is right up my alley. Couple of questions please. Where can I get one? What is the approximate tongue weight with the spyder loaded? Thanks for your help.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost_Ryder View Post
    I don't have an RT but I had a trailer built to fit my RS. There are tire pockets in front to help stabilize the when traveling. I also had the rear gate done in two sections to accommodate the steep angle and low clearance of the RS. The trailer has 15" tires so it handles great at highway speeds. The trailer cost $1800.

Spyder Garage

I'm using a Drop Tail trailer for my RT. My spyder clears the ramp when I ride it on the trailer. It also folds up to take up very little space in my garage. I show it folded in two of the photos, but you can stand it up to take up even less space. The youtube video will give you a better idea.

RT on trailer.jpgTrailer folded.jpgTrailer folded1.jpgTrailer.jpgTrailer1.jpg

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Aluma 6810T

Has anyone tried this tilt trailer for the RT? Only $1700 and weighs 400 lbs.

Spyder Garage

Also a fulltimer. Wanted to take car along also so ended up at RaceCityRVProducts.com in North Carolina. Check their website. I got the HDXL as that what was needed for the width of the front end. You can see my rig in their picture section, the yellow RS with a white Hoda FIT on the dolly. Has worked fine for over a year and 5000+ miles.

P1000475.jpg
    Last edited by dshogman; 07-05-2012 at 11:00 AM. Reason: added picture
    David Horn, Kerrville, TX
    Fulltime RVer
    2014 Phaeton 40ft motorhome w/TandemTow trailer
    2014 Mazda CX5 (Soul Red)
    Ringo, the travelin' canine (just black and tan)

Spyder Garage

I also purchased a Drop-Tail Trailer (http://www.droptailtrailers.com/Powe...ilers-s/21.htm - about $3000) and it seems made to fit, although it was actually designed for two motorcycles. I am having a small issue with the lights, but I imagine I'll have that resolved today once I give them a call (it's a a small company, and they are extremely helpful if you call them).

I got lucky and found one in stock nearby - I'm told there is a wait on orders.

I hadn't ever drove a trailer before, but it's actually much easier than I had imagined, except for backing up!

Spyder Garage

Check out NHTrailer.com the manufacturers of the Proline all aluminum trailer. They are great, the RT fits in with room to spare and the tie down system available is fantastic. Mine has 5 quick adjust rails in the floor and eyebolts that are fantastic. You'll be very happy!!!!

Spyder Garage

Check these out, yhey make one for the Spyders, it is the one I want looking for the $ now.
    http://www.airridecorp.com/

J. D.
    2016 F3T Magnesium Metalic : Smooth Spyder Dual Backrest, Lamonster LED Head lights and Fog lights

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The AST3 is the way to go, GEDC0174.jpg

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default use 10 ft ramps?

Quote Originally Posted by mdminc View Post
    Hey MouthPiece, my 6x12 trailer looks similar to yours but I have the same problem trying to get the RT-S up without hitting the front. Would you explain how you get it up using the jacks you installed on the front. I'd like to do the same. Thanks!
    How about using 10' ramps.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Where did you get it done?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost_Ryder View Post
    I don't have an RT but I had a trailer built to fit my RS. There are tire pockets in front to help stabilize the when traveling. I also had the rear gate done in two sections to accommodate the steep angle and low clearance of the RS. The trailer has 15" tires so it handles great at highway speeds. The trailer cost $1800.

Where did you have trailer made?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Trailer to tow Spyder behind RV

We live in our RV & have a Spyder that we have decided towed behind it for 2,000 miles & it works very nicely...you were have also towed it behind our SUV once. It is a 2016 Drop-Tail trailer. It is bif enough to carry 1 Spyder or 2 Harley Davidsons. We are interested in selling it to get a larger trailer that we can tow both our Spyder & our SUV on together. We are located in Lakeland, FL. Let me know if you are interested in buying it.