Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation trailering Can-Am Spyser RT

Hi. New to the group bbecause I just bought a RT A&C. I am a full-time RV'er, so I am looking for a way to transport the Spyder. Whoo has found a trailer specific to the Spyder? Any other recommendtions?

Spyder Garage

welcome You need a trailer about 6x10. Enclosed is better but make sure will drive up ramp as there is very little ground clearance and also make sure it fits through the door . Lots of options out there and lots of posts about trailers.
    Happy Owner

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

This is the way to go, not cheep but nice trailer. http://www.adventuresportsproducts.com/
    More photos
    http://www.spydertalk.com/forums/top..._1&#entry99983

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Spyder Trailer

I have the same ASP trailer that burg650 presented. It gets my recommendation for hauling the Spyder.

2010 RTS-SE, Orbital Blue
    Spyder Garage

Default trailering

If you get an enclosed trailer with a ramp door you will need a 7' wide trailer because of the room the retracting cables take up. A 6' wide open trailer would probably work. I have a 6'x12' enclosed haulmark which I cannot get the RTS in.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by retired1 View Post
    If you get an enclosed trailer with a ramp door you will need a 7' wide trailer because of the room the retracting cables take up. A 6' wide open trailer would probably work. I have a 6'x12' enclosed haulmark which I cannot get the RTS in.
    I have an all aluminum 7x12 V-nose R&R which works great, although it is bigger than you would need. Enclosed trailers offer the advantage of being secure, and offering protection through all kinds of weather. Think of them as your garage on wheels. Good spot to carry that spare gas can, too.

& welcome
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I have a 6X12 Vnose and its a tight fit. I have to move the retracting lines out of the way to get the Spyder in. I have 2 of those pool noodles ( foam tubes) on the edges of the door for protection.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post
    I have a 6X12 Vnose and its a tight fit. I have to move the retracting lines out of the way to get the Spyder in. I have 2 of those pool noodles ( foam tubes) on the edges of the door for protection.
    I put pool noodles on my cables, to prevent accidenttal scratches. They work great for keeping me from tripping over the cables, too!
    -Scotty
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

This trailer by swisstrailers.com is what I have and it works. Its all aluminum 6 X 10 utility with drive up ramp and weighs 515lbs it is good on gas. Cost is only $1578 cash.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Blackwidow74; 05-08-2010 at 06:59 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Hey MouthPiece, my 6x12 trailer looks similar to yours but I have the same problem trying to get the RT-S up without hitting the front. Would you explain how you get it up using the jacks you installed on the front. I'd like to do the same. Thanks!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs down Swiss trailer

I tried your link but it was dead. Googled it too. Nothing.
    Joe Steffey - waiting impatiently anddigging for information.

Spyder Garage

For a quick and dirty way to raise the front of the trailer, and reduce the ramp angle, just use the tongue jack of your trailer, if it is so equipped. Leave the trailer attached to the tow vehicle, lower the tongue jack, and jack it up. You can get several inches of rise as the tow vehicle suspension raises. Don't forget to lower the jack and fold it back up before you drive off!
    -Scotty

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jsteffey View Post
    Hi. New to the group bbecause I just bought a RT A&C. I am a full-time RV'er, so I am looking for a way to transport the Spyder. Whoo has found a trailer specific to the Spyder? Any other recommendtions?
    I don't have an RT but I had a trailer built to fit my RS. There are tire pockets in front to help stabilize the when traveling. I also had the rear gate done in two sections to accommodate the steep angle and low clearance of the RS. The trailer has 15" tires so it handles great at highway speeds. The trailer cost $1800.

Spyder Garage

I have an AST 2 from Adventure Sports Products. that works well. I have probably towed 10,000 miles with this thing. It is for sale for $4000 and I can deliver it. Message me if interested.

http://bobspyder.wordpress.com/
    #610 2007-2009
    #104 2012....

Spyder Garage

This is the kind I use for the Spyder.
    Stuart
    Port Coquitlam BC
    2008 Red Spyder SE5, BRP six spoke wheels, LED daytime lights, LED tips lights, LED brake lights and centre light, BRP seat cowel, CF rear fender, 2 BROS CF twin exhaust, billet pegs and brake pedals, spyder trunk wrap, BRP-RT shocks and springs, HD sway bar, cold air intake, green air cleaner, iridium spark plugs, juice box, BRP touring seat, BRP rear rack and back rest,Glow lights, BRP trunk liner, BRP bar weights, IPS, LED marker lights.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Mofa 52

Your trailer looks very good . Where did you buy the trailer? And the cost

If you have more information on the trailer.

Thanks

Spyder Garage

http://www.toycarrier.com/

There is your link, very nice trailer but pricy, very light expecially behind an RV, took it accross Canada last year and back NO issues, tows wonderfully. Cleans up easly and keeps bikes etc clean, holds the Spyder ok or two bikes with the removable bike chocks. Has build in tie downs as well, very well made.
    Stuart
    Port Coquitlam BC
    2008 Red Spyder SE5, BRP six spoke wheels, LED daytime lights, LED tips lights, LED brake lights and centre light, BRP seat cowel, CF rear fender, 2 BROS CF twin exhaust, billet pegs and brake pedals, spyder trunk wrap, BRP-RT shocks and springs, HD sway bar, cold air intake, green air cleaner, iridium spark plugs, juice box, BRP touring seat, BRP rear rack and back rest,Glow lights, BRP trunk liner, BRP bar weights, IPS, LED marker lights.

Spyder Garage

I just ordered another open trailer so that I can load the wifes RT AC and Harley nose to tail and have put the one I have for one bike or Spyder up for sale on the For Sale site. This is an open trailer with drop axel, drop ramp, stone guard, ect. You can see pictures on the For Sale site.

Spyder Garage

Smile Trailering Can-Am Spyder RT

I have a trailer from these folks and I am very happy with the 3 years and many, many, miles of use.

www.ironhorsetrailers.com

KYSPYDER

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Question trailer hunting travails

Thanks for all the advice and options. A couple snags have arisen.

A Triton dealer says the the ramp of the MCCTD is to narrow - 36". A sales rep. for AST recommends the AST3 as the AST is only 54" wide. Spyder sales man measured the outside wheel span to be 62.8" Would those riders with the above please adivse?

Spyder Garage

I have the Spyder Smart Car trailer from ASP. It sounds like they are now calling it the AST 3. It works great and I especially like the remote control raising and lowering. It almost get as much attention as the Spyder.

Mine is for sale if you are interested.

http://bobspyder.wordpress.com/
    #610 2007-2009
    #104 2012....

Spyder Garage

Have you contacted the Toycarrier fokes?
    Stuart
    Port Coquitlam BC

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Arrow Toy Carrier

I sent them an email request for info.

Spyder Garage

If you go to their site, they have the dimentions of the trailer on the web site.
    Stuart
    Port Coquitlam BC

Spyder Garage

Default Another trailer option

I bought a Kendon trailer which was made for carrying one or two motorcycles and I modified it to fit my Spyder. This trailer is especially great for anyone who has limited storage space because it stands up in the garage and takes up very little space. The modification consisted of moving the wheel rails out a few inches which required some minor welding; total cost $160. I also had to purchase 2 additional ramps for the Spyder since it only comes with one ramp. The ramps can easily be attached to the trailer alongside the Spyder after it's loaded. I haven't taken any long trips with it yet, but around town, it works great. It rides low so there's very little wind resistance, and it looks great.