Spyder Garage

Default XM Radio Receiver

I am wondering how to add an XM receiver to my 2010 Spyder RT SE-5 w/Audio-Conv so that it will play through my speakers. What kind of XM receiver will work. I have one that I use when I walk and wonder if it would be compatible. I love XM - have in my truck & home and would LOVE it on my Spyder. Thanks for any and all input. I am mechanically challenged..so keep it simple.

Spyder Garage

Default xm radio

Go on xm web site they have a stand alone unit that will work with your radio.
    Last edited by ladyryder; 05-03-2010 at 08:58 AM. Reason: spelling

Spyder Garage

Do you want weatherproof? I've yet to find one on XM's website.

For weatherproof you have two options....

- A Garmin Zumo 550 or the new 665.
    - Harley Davidson dealers have a HD branded XM unit.
    WackyDan - Fun, not crazy.
    Charlotte (Matthews), NC
    Silver Moon SM5 - V35 and V46 Givis, CHAD, Motolight 35w steering lights, Dash Powerlets, Helibar risers, Garage door opener, Eastern Beaver PC-8, Digital voltmeter, Kewl Metal Intake, Evoluzione Sway Bar, RT Shocks and Juice Box PRO.
    *Mower deck in development*
    2008 model -new in crate, April 09
    26,000 miles.

Looking for other Charlotte area riders to cruise with and compare Spyders.

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

I went this route (XM in the trunk, powered by 12v and using the MP3 adapter). It does work great, as long as I don't want to change the XM channel. I have the now discontinued Pioneer Inno XM/MP3 player, and it appears that the remote is IR instead of RF, which means that it needs line of sight to the player. Fortunately, I'm typically listening to either OTR, MLB, or BBC, and can do without changing the channel until the next gas stop. I have an even older portable XM player (Giant Tao) that I think has an RF remote, but I lost track of that remote long ago, so I'm waiting for the replacement that I ordered.

Keep in mind that the 12v socket, unlike everything else on the RT, works without either the engine running or key in the lock.
    Happy 2010 Orbital Blue Spyder RT-S Owner
    TricLED Vader Lightswith Blue Tunnel Lights Option, Aqua Glo-Ryders, TricLED Fender Lights, TricLED Invisible Brake/Running Lights, TricLED Trunk Light.