Thread: 18" rims

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default 18" rims

i was wondering if anyone has tried 18" rims. i have a set in great shape and was thinking about getting some adapters made.

thanks in advance

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

This is a question i have been wondering as well. With rappers like the game, and bow wow riding these i figured they would have done something for wheels already but i haven't been able to find any updated pics of their spyders... id be interested to know as i have a few friend with 17s and 18s just collecting dust in thier garages from their import days.

Spyder Garage

There are some who have done it. In fact when I was in Daytona, a guy came over to me and handed me a brochure for 18" rims they could put on the Spyder.

He was also kind enough to tell me about an issue that some of the Spyders had after putting the 18" wheels on them. He said once they hit about 40 mph, the computer would start flaking out and scrolling different error messages. I have a feeling this is all tied to the speed sensors, and they are getting thrown out of sync with large front tires and a stock rear not turning at the same rate of speed. The Nanny most likely thinks they are losing traction at that point, since the rear is moving faster than the fronts.

He did not specify whether it was one model having more troubles than another, such as the SE5 versus the SM5, though.

I think there may be a couple of people on here that have larger wheels, and hopefully they will chime in as well. I know there was a post a while back on wheel adapters, but cannot remember what the outcome was. You may want to search for that.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bun-1 View Post
    i was wondering if anyone has tried 18" rims. i have a set in great shape and was thinking about getting some adapters made.

thanks in advance
    yes i have 4 18 inch wheels are my spyder i had custom 2 piece adapters made from 3 lug to 4 lug

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LOURACING View Post
    yes i have 4 18 inch wheels are my spyder i had custom 2 piece adapters made from 3 lug to 4 lug
    I gone to 90 miles per hour in the expressway and no shaking no problem

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Your wheels look sick, nice job on that. Where about in PA are you located?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 412Spyder View Post
    Your wheels look sick, nice job on that. Where about in PA are you located?
    I am in philadelphia u ever around let me no