Hybrid View

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder headlamp replacement bulb

I want to replace my headlamp bulbs in the Spyder. Are they a standard 55 watt H7 two prong bulb? BRPs part number is no help to me.

I am looking to replace them with these. Trying to find a cheap way of getting my headlights closer to the color temp of my dayrunners.
    Last edited by mxz600; 04-16-2010 at 02:48 PM.
    Here's To A Great Riding Season, Snowmobile That Is

"​Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
    Give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mxz600 View Post
    I want to replace my headlamp bulbs in the Spyder. Are they a standard 55 watt H7 two prong bulb? BRPs part number is no help to me.

I am looking to replace them with these. Trying to find a cheap way of getting my headlights closer to the color temp of my dayrunners.

Yes they are 55 watt H7 bulbs in a Spyder.

Although a tiny bit closer in color, these will not match the Day Runners, as the Day Runners are closer to 6500K range which takes a true HID to reach.

MM
    [URL="http://www.esicycleproducts.com/"]

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Man View Post
    Although a tiny bit closer in color, these will not match the Day Runners, as the Day Runners are closer to 6500K range which takes a true HID to reach.

MM
    I was afraid you might say that. $13.99 or $225.00? And it's not just the money, although that's a big part of it. It's also the ability to do some of this work. I sure can't afford to pay somebody to install this stuff for me. I should have never came to this site and I wouldn't even be aware of all the neat stuff available for the Spyder. Oh well, maybe I'll just have to take on a second job.
    Here's To A Great Riding Season, Snowmobile That Is

"​Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
    Give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish"

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I was afraid you might say that. $13.99 or $225.00? And it's not just the money, although that's a big part of it. It's also the ability to do some of this work. I sure can't afford to pay somebody to install this stuff for me. I should have never came to this site and I wouldn't even be aware of all the neat stuff available for the Spyder. Oh well, maybe I'll just have to take on a second job.
    i doubt that you are going to get results you are looking for with those bulbs.(i've tried many) if you do not wish to spend 225 bucks, at least get the whitest piaa bulbs. it's still not going to be white as 6500k but better.
    by the way, if you can change bulbs on headlight, you CAN do the hid. if you can get to the bulbs, rest is easy.
    6 states down 42 states to go

Spyder Garage

He's got way too much goodies you are gonna want. Better get that third job lined up or put your other half to work.
    Silver SM5 PE# 1274, Hindle Exhaust, Touring Windshield, Caliper Trim, B.E.S.T. 3 Year Ext, Nuvi 255 GPS, Fog Lights, Sport Rack, Back Rest, 12V Outlet, Talon 3300p Alarm, NMN Mud Flap and TipZ LEDs, SpyderLovers Emblems, Kuryakyn Widow Pegs and Axel Trim, Luimoto seat skin, Evo Air Filter and O2 Mod, Cranker Tank Bag, Blue Sea fuse block, MAD/AMS/MBG, Oddyssey battery, IPS.

Service Bulletin Applied: Gen II parking brake, 2nd SW patch, evap can/hose update, Gen II DPS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by M2Wild View Post
    He's got way too much goodies you are gonna want. Better get that third job lined up or put your other half to work.
    HOW do you replace the bulb on an RS? All kinds of info on which bulb to change it with but nothing not even a video on YouTube on how to change it on an RS. (Why do RT's get all the handy how to videos???).

I really don't want to pay 100 bucks to get a 10 dollar bulb changed.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by zhugzug View Post
    HOW do you replace the bulb on an RS? All kinds of info on which bulb to change it with but nothing not even a video on YouTube on how to change it on an RS. (Why do RT's get all the handy how to videos???).

I really don't want to pay 100 bucks to get a 10 dollar bulb changed.

I think you would get more responses faster if you started your own thread on this problem.

There should be a full set of instructions, with pictures, on how to replace your headlight bulbs in your Owner's Guide. But you did not share the model year of your Spyder so I cannot tell you for sure.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Default Aftermarket LED's

There are self contained LED's on Amazon that will fit the RT and will provide plenty of 'seeing power'. Cost is around $50 and they come with a 3 year warranty and have great reviews. Good luck, ride safe.
    American Legion Riders/GA Patriot Guard Rider

Spyder Garage

About that second job. When you get it, you will earn the money to pay for the accessories. Fine. However, because you will be busy at work you won't be able to ride and therefore, won't need the accessories you are working so hard for!. Either a win/win or lose/lose. Your call!