Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default RTS Windshield Height

I'm piking up my new RTS on Saturday and can't wait. I love the idea of the adjustable windshield, but since I'm only 5'1" tall, I cannot put it down low enough to see over it, therefore I must always leave it up.

Has anyone installed a lower windshield on theirs? If so, where can we get one?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by vmc View Post
    I'm piking up my new RTS on Saturday and can't wait. I love the idea of the adjustable windshield, but since I'm only 5'1" tall, I cannot put it down low enough to see over it, therefore I must always leave it up.

I don't know about custom widnsheilds for the RTS yet, but you could always cut yours down to suit you.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

The soon to be released New Street Magic line of RTS Windsheilds might just be what you're looking for?

The "Sport" version will be 3 inches shorte than stockr, and shloud be out by mid May.

The taller "Touring" version will also help those tall riders looking for even more coverage.

Both will feature a "Scratch Resistant" coating and have better side coverage as well.

Look for these to be for sale in mid May.

MM

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Thanks! That sounds like exactly what I'm looking for! 3 inches should be just enough.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SKS06460 View Post
    I don't know about custom widnsheilds for the RTS yet, but you could always cut yours down to suit you.
    Have it cut.

RT-S PE-0399
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Man View Post
    The soon to be released New Street Magic line of RTS Windsheilds might just be what you're looking for?

The "Sport" version will be 3 inches shorte than stockr, and shloud be out by mid May.

The taller "Touring" version will also help those tall riders looking for even more coverage.

Both will feature a "Scratch Resistant" coating and have better side coverage as well.

Look for these to be for sale in mid May.

MM
    Sweet!

How much taller will the "Touring" version be. My line of sight is over the top of the windshield with it all the way up by at least 2 to 3 inches.

The other Scotty

Spyder Garage

There will be 3 versions....

A Sport version, 3 inches shorter, standard with.

A Wide Sport version 3 inches shorter, and 2.5 inches wider on each side (5 inches wider total)

A Wide Touring version 3 inches taller and 2.5 inches wider on each side (5 inches wider total)

These will be out in time for Americade if not sooner.

MM

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default windsheild perfect for any height

love this windshield. Have run in heavy rain and cold temperatures. The visibility is great (no fogging or distortion). I am short and run the windshield on high all the time. Better protection and do not notice a change in wind buffetting. The only reason to look for another would be if you like the wind in your face feeling.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Hey Magic Man,

How much will the windshield be and how will they be distributed?

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Default F4 Customs Windshields

F4 Customs Motorcycle Windshields are manufactured from the Highest Grade Optical Polycarbonate for amazing clarity, excellent rain shedding, and chemical and scratch resistance even when rubbed with steel wool, and they are shatterproof, making the F4 shield the "safest and best" choice for your next windshield.

We offer:
    Can-Am Spyder RT/RTS SPORT Motorcycle Windshield

• 3" shorter than stock windshield
    • Clear or Tint Vented or Non-Vented
    • Thickness: .177"
    • Stock windshield angle
    • Stock windshield width
    • DOT approved
    • Fits all Can-Am Spyder RT/RTS Models
    • Made in the USA

The "SPORT" F4 Customs windshield for the RT/RTS Models is for the rider that wants the "Sportier" look and wants to be sure to have a clear view over the top of the shield.

Can-Am Spyder RT/RTS Stock Motorcycle Windshield

The F4 Customs Stock Windshield for the RT/RTS Models. If you are satisfied with the overall performance that your stock shield provides you, then this is the shield for you. It retains the same height and angle of the stock shield.

• Same height as the stock windshield (25")
    • Same angle as the stock windshield
    • Same width as the stock windshield
    • DOT approved
    • Made in the USA

Can-Am Spyder RT/RTS Stock "WIDE" Motorcycle WindshieldThe F4 Customs STOCK WIDE Vented Clear windshield for the RT/RTS models - If you are satisfied with the overall performance that your stock shield offers you, but would like to have more protection on your shoulders and body, then this is the shield for you. It retains the same height and angle of the stock shield but gives you 2.5" more width per side. The vent provides great airflow management that helps to reduce buffeting and provides comfortable air in warm cnditions.

• Same height as the stock windshield
    • Vented
    • Same height as the stock windshield
    • 2.5" wider per side than the stock windshield
    • DOT approved
    • Made in the USA

Can-Am Spyder RT/RTS PLS3 TALL WIDE Clear Motorcycle Windshield w/VENT
    The F4 Customs Wide Vented Clear windshield for the RT/RTS models is for the ultimate protection for both the rider and co-rider on your Can-Am Spyder RT. This shield is the shield of choice for folks who ride two up. This shield will provide great wind protection and greatly reduce head buffeting for the Rider and Co-Rider. The vent reduces buffeting and provides airflow in warm conditions.

• 3" taller than stock windshield
    • Vented
    • 2.5" wider per side than the stock windshield
    • DOT approved
    • Made in the USA

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

any custom windshields -- I am looking for one that is more than 3" shorter

what is the pricing going to be? I would like to find similar pricing to motorcycle windshields of around 90 dollars.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

For around $90 bucks; you're gonna have to cut your own down...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I have the F4 short wide with vent. Great product and even better customer service.

Highly recommended
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I put a cal sfi on my bike, it is lower by about 2 inches and I look over the top of it., it also comes with an opening in the bottom portion, helps with the back splash on your head
    good luck
    propwash

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

The standard RT windshield is 25 inches. They have a 23" one you can replace it with. At least in the vented windshield. That's what I did on my 2014. I had a similar problem. I'm 5'3" and with the standard windshield at its lowest point, I was looking right at the top rim, whereas I prefer t look over it. Sot the 23" works fine for me.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Ask and you shall receive
    Attached Images Attached Images

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by OwnerOfHarriet View Post
    any custom windshields -- I am looking for one that is more than 3" shorter

what is the pricing going to be? I would like to find similar pricing to motorcycle windshields of around 90 dollars.
    I was searching for a shorter windshield as well. I didn't find that, but I did find a nice one that was the stock height, and 5" wider for $138 on Amazon. I installed it and couldn't be happier. Now I plan on cutting my stock one down 4-5" shorter for summer riding. I plan on taking it to a glass and windshield shop to have it cut.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    Ask and you shall receive
    Thanks!
    I was a bit concerned that it might look out of proportion on the bike; too wide, for it's height.
    You have allayed my fears!

Spyder Garage

I plan on getting the stock height wide screen later next year. Hopefully that will help reduce the wind my wife gets and still Let me see over it (just barely) in the lowered position.

Spyder Phyl
    2014 RT-Ltd, Cognac and Timeless Black 2010 RT-622 trailer.
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    SpyderPhyl

2014 Cognac RT-LTD, SE6, ACE 1330

2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pwilbarger View Post
    I plan on getting the stock height wide screen later next year. Hopefully that will help reduce the wind my wife gets and still Let me see over it (just barely) in the lowered position.

Spyder Phyl
    2014 RT-Ltd, Cognac and Timeless Black 2010 RT-622 trailer.
    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It should help. I know we noticed the reduction with our wider one.

but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Default F4 Customs Windshield

The Stock Windshield that is Wider really does cut down on the shoulder air that you and the co rider receive. I also will mention that our vent cuts down on the back pressure that you recieve and is highly recomended. We have a special on the Baker Air Wings for Spyders this week at 10% off and free shipping if you call the office. 330-968-4644