Spyder Garage

Default Removing front foot pegs on RT

Trying to remove the front foot pegs on my RT and had one heck of a time loosening the nut. Almost feels like it's cross threaded or something. Once the nut/bolt broke loose I've been putting everything I have into it trying to turn the nut. "screetch, screetch, screetch". Then it just won't budge. Thought it would be pretty straight forward, now I'm thinking I did something wrong. Comments? Experience with same situation?

Spyder Garage

Got it! Amazing what a plumbing torch can do!

Spyder Garage

I was just about to suggest heat. I have a heat gun I sometimes use - it's pretty useful for removing stickers, too.
    Dan

Spyder Garage

Crap! Brake pedal assembly! Grrrrrrr!!!!! Knew I should have spent the extra money for the ISCI floorboard set up! Oh well, such is life.....where's my tequila!?!?!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default I feel your pain

I installed the ISCI floorboards in the parking lot of the Super 8 in Cuba. My left side bolt was seized and it took me and a massive hotel maintenance worker 5 minutes of grunting to get the bolt out. I was lucky I had two wrenches and over 400 lbs of mass at work. And I thought the left side was the easier install

Spyder Garage

That left side bolt was a pain. Saw that the nut was a locking nut or something and had plastic or something in the threads. Took my plumbing torch and heated the nut up and just let the heat melt that stuff and ooze out. After that the bolt came of easily using my fingers (wearing gloves of course). Got to the other side and said forget it! That long bolt for the foot peg went through the brake pedal assembly and the bolt I had for the new mini floor board was 1/2" in diameter (too large) and wasn't long enough. I drilled the left side hole larger for the new bolt to fit, but on the right side I wasn't gonna try and drill through the whole thing and risk messing up the brake assembly. Gonna just purchase the ISCI floorboards since they're already fabricated to fit perfectly. I tried, but should have done some further research before installing.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthStar View Post
    I installed the ISCI floorboards in the parking lot of the Super 8 in Cuba. My left side bolt was seized and it took me and a massive hotel maintenance worker 5 minutes of grunting to get the bolt out. I was lucky I had two wrenches and over 400 lbs of mass at work. And I thought the left side was the easier install