Thread: Pulling panels?

Spyder Garage

Default Pulling panels?

The doubled ended tool for removing my panel screws isn't working. The larger end is fine but the smaller end will not fit the smaller screws. What toolbit and size do I need to remove them? I'm trying to route a power cable for my GPS and ran into this problem. Thanks in advance.

Spyder Garage

Are you talking about the two small screws on the bottom of the side panel in front of the seat ?
    If you are don't make the same lame mistake I did. Those screws are connected to studs that are mounted in the rubber grommets. You don't have to remove the screws, just gently pull that part of the panel off after removing the other screws.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

RT-S PE#0793
    Spyder Garage

The dash screws are T25.
    Steve

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SKS06460 View Post
    Are you talking about the two small screws on the bottom of the side panel in front of the seat ?
    If you are don't make the same lame mistake I did. Those screws are connected to studs that are mounted in the rubber grommets. You don't have to remove the screws, just gently pull that part of the panel off after removing the other screws.
    Thanks! Now I don't feel so bad

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SKS06460 View Post

We did the same thing. Called the dealer and the service techs there said they did it too! Funny thing is, the manual says they are screws!