BillGargan

Default COMFORT SEAT FOR 2009 SPYDER

Can anyone comment on the seating position of the comfort seat as compared with the stock seat on a 2009?

My concern is on where the driver backstop is.

If I convert to the comfort seat I do not want the natural seating position further back. If the comfort seat is in the same position or a tad forward of the standard seat I will be OK.

Thanks in advance . . .

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BillGargan View Post
    Can anyone comment on the seating position of the comfort seat as compared with the stock seat on a 2009?

My concern is on where the driver backstop is.

If I convert to the comfort seat I do not want the natural seating position further back. If the comfort seat is in the same position or a tad forward of the standard seat I will be OK.

Thanks in advance . . .

Thinking of one too. an 08

Spyder Garage

I got one on order? although i have not riden one i did sit on one and all i can remember is that you sit lower in the saddle.

Roger

Spyder Garage

From the experience with Nancy's, I'd say it is close, front-to-back, but maybe a little back if anything...no more than an inch. It also seems to sit a tiny bit higher, again maybe an inch or less. It wasn't enough for me to really notice, at all, but when measured it seems to be back and higher, by a tiny margin. It does force you to sit back at the bumstop, however, making it seem further back if you normally scoot up a way. Nancy found that she was scooting forward, and when she got the Comfort Seat, we had to add the ESI risers for her to reach the handlebars comfortably.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Comfort seat is a good upgrade from the stock seat. I replaced the stock seats on both our spyders. My first was replaced with the Corbin. My second was replaced with the BRP comfort seat. The Corbin is a little more firm and comfortable for the long haul--but at twice the price, the comfort seat works almost as well.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Bill IMHO you will like the comfort seat I had to have mine altered to be moved further back so I would assume you'll be as far forward as you need to be.

Jim
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jedd View Post
    Bill IMHO you will like the comfort seat I had to have mine altered to be moved further back so I would assume you'll be as far forward as you need to be.

Jim
    For me it seems like the Comfort Seat actually pushes me a little more forward. I have to push back every once in a while to ride against the bumstop. I also think it is a very good option for the money, especially if you can get it for under $400.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

Just got a comfort seat - haven't put alot of miles on it yet -it is a bit higher than the stock - I'm 5'5" so I don't sit all the way back - my arms are too short even with 4" risers. If I could raise the handlebars more without having to rewire I would. I'll be giving it a real test run in the near future when we do our 3500 mile trip.
    HAPPY SPYDER OWNER
    BRP 1" riser, Trunk liner & Fog Lights. NMN Triple Play & Turn Signal LED, Double Play, Front Fender Tips Kit, Mudflap Light Kit, Center Tail Light. 3" Handlebar Riser Kit, Adj. Footrest Brackets & Axle Caps, and Chad Windshield. Kuryakyn Spider pegs & mounts, ISO Grips, & Throttle Boss. J&M radio (Custom Bracket). Evoluzione Power Bus. DEI Exhaust Wrap. AudioVox Cruise Control (Custom Bracket). Gerbing Electric clothing socket.

Spyder Garage

I have a 2008 with the comfort seat. I really like it and my wife says it is 100% better than the stock seat. We rode from northern California to Los Angeles last year, a little over 400 miles and it was a very comfortable trip for both of us. The only way I would change would be to go to A Russell Day-Long seat.

Very Happy Spyder Guy
    The 2015 F3 has over 46,000 miles
    Have Spyder...Will Travel