Orbital Blue RT-SE5
    Spyder Garage

Default Anyone Get their Trailer Yet RT-622

Has anyone received their RT-622 Trailer Yet.

I ordered mine in February, and I have already paid for it in full.

On order for 2-1/2 months, this is a production item, It is not custom.

I have not seen it.

I have no Idea when it will be here.

About a month ago, I was told mine was on the way, then, that trailer went to someone else, (to a different dealer).

The one thing that I really do not like, is that BRP cannot or will not Communicate with my dealer.

Why is scheduling/production such a secret????

I am to the point of calling BRP myself to get an answer.

I am very frustrated with the lack of communication, and not having an answer.

OK, so if BRP has a back ordered item, just say that is the case, and give me a production & ship date based on the lead time.

Or if the facility is too small and not big enough for production, schedule the into an open window of time and let me know when?

That's the main concern, WHEN?????? 2010, 2011, 2012, WHEN???????

Westgl
    Last edited by westgl; 04-11-2010 at 10:47 AM.

Invalid Emails
    Eastern Québec, Canada, Earth, Solar System
    Spyder Garage

Trailers are not backordered.

BRP's plant is operating 24/7 to keep up with demand. Dealers around here have stockpiles of trailers and RT's in stock.

BRP's communication with its dealers it very good if you compare it to, let's say, Honda!

I sincerely believe your dealer is the problem. Dealers usually are. BRP has every vested interest in getting you your trailer. Your dealer, on the other hand, has your money and really probably doesn't care all that much, which is typical of some bad dealers.

It's easy to condemn BRP when the only side of the story you're getting is your dealer's.

Take your owner's manual, at the back, BRP has included a handy dandy phone number for you to call. I can't believe you waited this long to call...

You obviously trust your dealer with your money very much, I wouldn't.

V.

Orbital Blue RT-SE5
    Spyder Garage

Default RT-622 Trailers

Vordak, that makes things worse.

It is a problem that BRP does not send Communication to both the Dealer and the Customer.

I have heard many people on this site that complain they cannot get an answer as to when????? the item will ship.

I have been patient and waited more than 70 days,

I think 70 days is long enough for just an answer.

If I buy a new Corvette does it take this long. I don't think so.

I guess dealing over a boarder is not seamless and can be a royal pain.

But an Email only takes a minute, a phone call maybe another 5 minutes, to let a customer know when they should receive goods, this is a good business practice.

BRP should start practicing it.

It really does bring down there customer relations, and make BRP look bad.

The wife & I wanted to get a Sea-Doo for the summer, I don't think I will, I will probably get another brand. I will look at the Honda's instead

(Pist Off) Westgl
    Last edited by westgl; 04-14-2010 at 09:47 AM.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by westgl View Post
    Vordak, that makes things worse.

It is a problem that BRP does not send Communication to both the Dealer and the Customer.

I have heard many people on this site that complain they cannot get an answer as to when????? the item will ship.

I have been patient and waited more than 70 days,

I think 70 days is long enough for just an answer.

If I buy a new Corvette does it take this long. I don't think so.

I guess dealing over a boarder is not seamless and can be a royal pain.

But an Email only takes a minute, a phone call maybe another 5 minutes, to let a customer know when they should receive goods, this is a good business practice.

BRP should start practicing it.

It is really bring down there customer relations

The wife & I wanted to get a Sea-Doo for the summer, I don't think I will, I will probably get another brand. I will look at the Honda's instead

(Pist Off) Westgl
    I know you probably don't to hear this but;
    I think by paying in full in advance your dealer is putting your delivery at the bottom of the totem pole.
    Bad dealer, cant blame BRP on this one.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I agree with Bor...

When have you ever heard of a manufacturer communicating directly with a customer about a delivery?

It just doesn't happen, that's the job of your dealer. Also, I have never heard of a shipment being re-routed while in transit. I used to work in the business and that's not how it's done.

Shipments get coded at the factory with a Dealer's business number. Once in transit, BRP has no control over the shipment. If the dealer tells you your trailer went to another dealer, it's because your dealer sent it to them, not BRP.

You insist and keep believing your dealer is straight with you while blaming BRP. I think you're being naive. Your dealer is at the very least misleading you by blaming BRP (which a lot of dealers do).

Again, call the customer service # for BRP in the back of your manual, you may just find out that your dealer never ordered your trailer, which is what I suspect.

I've phoned 5 dealers in your state, they all have trailers in stock, except yours. You're being mislead, but not by BRP.

V.

Orbital Blue RT-SE5
    Spyder Garage

Default Enough is enough

I don't know, I have sent e-mails to BRP and not received a response. Until several e-mails later.

I am being strung along, and I do not like it.

I just sent another e-mail to BRP.

I hope I get a response by this Friday or I' am canceling my trailer order.

Enough is enough.

I cannot get my CB/Comm pkg or my GPS, I let my dealer know that I wanted those in February when I placed the order for my RT-SE5 & Trailer

My dealer just brought in 3 new RT's I would think that if my Trailer was ready it would be here with those last RT's

I going to call BRP and find out what Is going on, how long they have had the trailer order, and why has my trailer not shipped.

I think I'm just getting the run around.

0 - disappointment in 3.2 seconds. Wow that's fast.

Westgl
    Last edited by westgl; 04-11-2010 at 05:39 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I'm very sorry for your plight. I hope it gets all resolved quickly. I hate to see a new owner unhappy.

If I worked for BRP, I would be very concerned about your situation. All I can say to you is keep bugging them.

For what its worth, when I ordered my Goldwing, it took months to get to me...

V.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Back when I ordered my trailer, it only took 4 days for my dealer to get it in for me. Seems like your dealer isnt up to par.

Orbital Blue RT-SE5
    Spyder Garage

Default You Guy's may be right

You guy's maybe right.

I just called BRP, They said they had a lot of trailers sitting around.

They are still checking, where mine is I made it known that my order has been in since 2-11-2010.

I let them know, That all I want, from day one is a delivery date.

Never got it.

I let them know that I was very unhappy that they cannot get me a delivery date in 60-days.

I also let them know that at the same time I ordered my RT & Trailer, I also let my Dealer know I wanted the CB/Comm. & GPS,

I have yet to see them also.

This Spyder has been a Frustrating buying experience all the way through.

1. Not knowing ANYTHING all the way through the buying/shipping process, I mean absolutely NOT one word.

Not to mention it has broken down several times.

But, It does finally run well now.

I should have an answer back, this will tell me where the problem is, when/IF, BRP calls me back.

Westgl
    Last edited by westgl; 04-14-2010 at 09:55 AM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Hopefully this gets resolved. Again, it looks to me like your dealer is the problem.

We'll see. Keep your spirits up!

V.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

When a dealer takes a deposit and places an order, he receives a written order confirmation, with an order confirmation number, from BRP. I'd ask your dealer to show you that confirmation, and note the date. If they hesitate to do so, they are probably playing games with you. A dealer could take your deposit and use the money instead of forwarding it to BRP as they are supposed to, figuring they will submit the money along with the order later. Not saying your dealer has done so, but it is a possibility. In that case, you had a trailer on order with your dealer, but they did not actually have one on order with BRP...unless they ordered some for stock.

As to a shipping date, this is not the way BRP does business. Your dealer can get a rough estimate from BRP at the time of the order, but there is no actual shipping date attached to the order until just prior to shipment. There is no "build-date" assinged at all...as far as the dealer can rigidly confirm. Many times the dealer doesn't even receive the notification of shipment until a Spyder has already left the factory. It is just the way they do business. No sense getting all worked up, you can't really change their corporate policies.

Orbital Blue RT-SE5
    Spyder Garage

Default Information on shipments

One thing I can say is, that I like my dealer. They seem Honest, and up front with me, and they blame the lack of communication all on BRP.

What I don't like is to be Lied to, and not followed through with.

But, My dealer did say that they would forward me all the information or e-mails from BRP regarding my Spyder/Trailer

I have Never received a single e-mail from my dealer like he promised, with any regards to my order for the RT & trailer.

Well, BRP is going to let me know when the order was placed for the trailer.

The problem is, I don't feel That I should have to follow up on my order like this.

Westgl
    Last edited by westgl; 04-14-2010 at 09:57 AM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

NO reason for your dealer not to have all of the stuff to you by now. The trailers and CB set-ups are sitting in the dealer showrooms here in Fl.
    I had one in my hands today and decided it wasnt an option that I really needed.....yet

Orbital Blue RT-SE5
    Spyder Garage

Default BRP returning a Call

Well, Sent an E-mail to BRP Sunday 04/11/2010.

I was Very Upset and it was an e-mail written in frustration.

I also Called BRP on Monday 04/12/2010.
    They entered my concerns into there computer, and used my VIN # for the order.

The phone conversation was to find out information in regards to the trailer order, & when It was placed. When They expect it to ship?

I have Not received a call from BRP yet. It's been 2 Days for the E-mail & 1 day for the phone call.

Westgl

Orbital Blue RT-SE5
    Spyder Garage

Default BRP called me back Today

Hi All,

I received a call back from Carlo at BRP. I have an answer as to when Finally.

My Dealer did the same blame game with me, and reversed it with BRP, they said (to BRP)they had communicated everything to me, just as they said(to me) no answer, & BRP was at fault.
    Huh!! something funny is going on here.

Integrity, is what was needed here, to make this process a successful one. Trust is a terrible thing to lose.

Carlo at BRP gave me my ship date, it is an approx. date of April - May.

I am happy just knowing something, anything, besides my dealers answer "I don't know" and then blaming BRP.

My dealer said that they would e-mail me on all correspondence, from BRP, well, I would like BRP to request all those e-mails to see how much correspondence there was.

Vordak, I think you are right.

Westgl
    Last edited by westgl; 04-14-2010 at 05:52 PM.