Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people who ask them. Case in point... the other day while getting gas, a guy walked up to me and asked if I liked it and if it rode well. I said yes to both and noticed his cigarette in his hand. I told him that I would appreciate it if he went very far away from me if he insisted in smoking around gas pumps ( and my tone was not cordial or inviting to more conversation). He went back to his truck and continued to pump gas with a cigarette in his mouth. Someone like that, I really don't care if he thinks Spyder ryders are jerks.
    Jay on Omega Bay Texas
    Spyder RT-S PE# 536
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=715

RT-S PE-0399
    Spyder Garage

I was getting gas and this guy came up. Asked me if that was the TRON bike?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    Yesterday, while buying gas, standing at the pump with the seat raised and the nozzle in the gas tank, a woman came up to me and asked "You have to raise the seat to put gas in ?"
    When I was talking to the security guard he asked me where I put in the gas. I told him, and he said really and asked why? I told him that I was not sure other than that is where the gas tank is, but at least this way I don't have to worry about a locking gas cap.

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Many of the things that come across as dumb "questions", are just comments on what they noticed, or clumsy attempts at starting a conversation. Some are serious questions in the minds of the people that asked them...being unfamiliar with this strange vehicle. All a smart-aleck response does is label all Spyder riders as jerks...degrading our collective image. My motto is be nice if it kills ya. If you say the right words, the person asking the questions may become a SpyderLover some day.

If I a person is a smart-alack their reply will be a smart-alack remark.

I myself, like most polite people will answer the question knowing that the person asked because they did not know, and wanted to. Yet, in the back of my mind I will think "what a stupid question".
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    It was not a political comment. As a member of SpyderLovers, or as Spyder owner, Chevy owner, or Harley owner, you are a member of a group, like iit or not. If you wish to be treated as an individual, that is your right. if you wish to be a loner, that is your right. If you wish to be a jerk when people ask you questions, that is your right. That act does not reflect well on the rest of us, though. In addition, it is just plain bad manners. Do as you wish, but my momma taught me better.
    My Mom always said "if you can't say something nice. Then don't say anything at all".
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

hotmanali

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Star View Post
    My Mom always said "if you can't say something nice. Then don't say anything at all".
    And mine always tole me to think before you speak so you don't sound stupid!!!

hotmanali

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSage View Post
    Last time I took the out to Target to pick up some essentials, I parked it next to a cart rack, the guy gathering the carts up to take them back in, looked at it, looked at me, and with a completely serious look on his face asked me,

"Is that a jet ski?"

I was literally dumbfounded, I couldn't even respond
    Later, all i could think about was how I must have JUMPED it from the river into the parking lot LOL!
    Other night a bunch of us spyders in the valley got together and a guy asked "where can you get one?" well one of the guys said you can go buy one but I jumped in and told him "its cheaper and faster to buy a sea-doo and add a transmission and some wheels. It's the same thing." would you believe he actually believed it!!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hotmanali View Post
    And mine always tole me to think before you speak so you don't sound stupid!!!
    I just wish everyone else's mother would tell that to THEIR kids!!
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

Default Traffic Cops

Coming back form a short trip with a bunch of bikers, we were stopped at a police check-point before entering the city.
    One of the cops was checking my vehicle registration thoroughly (probably looking for something wrong in order to make a fast buck...).
    He said: "the registration says the vehicle has two axes, but this one has three..."
    My answer: "Three wheels, but two axes..."
    "Nope" he said, "your vehicle has three axes..."
    I asked him: "How many axes in a car"
    He said: "Four"
    I started laughing..., so he looked pissed of and called another, higher ranking cop, and explained him the problem.
    The new cop smiled, gave me back my documents, and told me to just go on...
    "Limitations only exist in the mind..."

hotmanali

Quote Originally Posted by Pilo View Post
    Coming back form a short trip with a bunch of bikers, we were stopped at a police check-point before entering the city.
    One of the cops was checking my vehicle registration thoroughly (probably looking for something wrong in order to make a fast buck...).
    He said: "the registration says the vehicle has two axes, but this one has three..."
    I started laughing..., so he looked pissed of and called another, higher ranking cop, and explained him the problem.
    OMG that is brilliant!!!! And these are the people that are supposed to save us? I'll bet if you told him you drank cough syrup and not alcohol he would believe you too!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by krb1945 View Post
    the dash was pressed when you wanted to sky soaring... you mean to tell me it isn't... that's why I never pressed it and told the SO never touch that one. /Ken
    Please tell your grandson that my husband and I thank him for his service to us and our country.

Spyder Garage

The question that made me stop and wonder was, "Hey main . . . izzat got two wheels or fo?"

He's standing there looking right at it. Yep, public education. I teach high school kids who can't tell time, but most of them can correctly count to three!
    Smokeless powder and automatic pistols are merely passing fads that will only distract you from the fine art of shooting.

hotmanali

Got SOOOO much better today.....

Had a guy in North Hollywood (local bum and everyone knows him) come up to me with his bicycle in the middle of the intersection and just say "I don't get it!!!" while checking it out. Lucky for me the light turned green and i went but i was laughing so hard i actually stalled my at the next light.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by psilentchild View Post
    I dont have a stupid spyder question but I have one I would like to share.I work for the fire dept and made a bad motorcylce wreck.We had block traffic off and had landed the hospital wing.Now you can clearly see everything that is going on.Well a couple in a car rolled down their window and ask us is anybody hurt.Me and my coworker looked at each then looked at the wing.Then he turn and said nah some guy just wrecked his bike and was late for work and we didnt want him to be late for work so we called a wing for him.
    My standard answer at work (fire dept) for people who ask whats going on is "shark attack". Its amazing how many people believe you. and we're in Missouri.
    2008 Millennium Yellow SM5 Spyder PE #21
    2005 White Goldwing GL1800

Happy Spyder owner

Spyder Garage

There are a number of great questions posted here. However, some really make you wonder.

In our area, we now have much better availability to Spyders and there is a lot of real interest in how they ride, how they compare to trikes and how difficult it is to get used to this kind of riding. All seem to agree that 500 miles or so of riding to learn about the handling and general operation is no big deal and do not see that as a deterrent. In our small town, we already have several Spyders and with the interest we are seeing, maybe we will see a few more this summer. Our closest dealer is in Worthington, MN and is very interested in selling them (good deals and no funny extra charges) and great service. We are also starting to see more of them on the road as we travel. That is a good sign.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pilo View Post
    "axes"? You should have told the cop the only axes you have are to chop up bodies.

I've yet to encounter these kinds of questions. Maybe I need to ride more in the vicinity of Walmarts.
    Last edited by asp125; 02-07-2013 at 11:27 AM.
    When life throws you curves, aim for the apex
    Current stable: 09 Thruxton / 09 FZ6
    Sold List: 97 Ninja500R, 03 SV650K3, 01 Ducati 750Sport Dark, 73 CB350/4, 03 F650GSA, 08 Gixxer600, 03 Gixxer600, 91 VFR750F, 09 KLX250, 06 Thruxton 900, 08 Spyder RS , 12 Street TripleR, 15 RC390, 02 VFR800, 09 KLX250S, 10 F650GS
    JLohPhotos
    ... Motorcycles are kind of like Baskin Robbins... You're looking at 31 flavors of ice cream, don't you kind of want to know what they all taste like?...
    2008 GS , Millennium Yellow

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by asp125 View Post
    "axes"? You should have told the cop the only axes you have are to chop up bodies.

I've yet to encounter these kinds of questions. Maybe I need to ride more in the vicinity of Walmarts.
    Uuupsss..., sorry for the typo, I meant axles...

Anyway, just returned from running some errands (Honey Do's), riding on the SE5.
    A bunch of guys were riding in the back of a pick-up truck.
    When we stopped at a traffic light one of them asked me: "that thing also runs on water...?".
    After seeing my astonished look they said to each other "I told you...".
    "Limitations only exist in the mind..."

Spyder Garage

I was ryding with a friend last september on a wet day when we pulled into a biker bar in upstate NY. My friend was ryding a Harley trike and figured we wouldn't turn any heads. I was just about to walk away from the mistress and go inside when a couple guys started asking questions. The usual of course: how does it ride, is it fast, where can you get it, etc. I had stood there for 20 minutes answering questions and shooting the bull, when a kid (not even 20 yet) with HD gear pulled onto the lot in an old Buick Estate wagon. They got out and headed directly toward me. The first thing the kid said to me was "Why don't you get off that jap POS and ride a harley?" At this point my friend Danny blew coffee out of his nose and started laughing. I remained calm and told him that it was canadian not japanese. "When are you gonna get rid of the training wheels and get a real bike?" he replied. "Like the one you rode in on today?" Danny answered. At this point he was getting irritated, and Danny was ready to ride along, so we started gearing up to leave. I put on my helmet, and fired up the mistress. The last thing he said to me was "So you think you are too good for a Harley??". "Didn't need to buy my way into a group of friends" I answered and put down my visor.

Moral of the story, I will answer "dumb" questions anytime. I do not, however, have to put up with ignorance. If you are gonna be a head, you are gonna get smart answers.
    Three in the garage, and I think I can fit at least one more in.....and then we will have to build another garage.
    The roads in NY are so bad that I am glad we bought a Ryker Rally

Just sayin'............

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

You caught crap from a guy riding a BUICK????
    I'm glad that you got to have some fun with him!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Default Right On !!!

Quote Originally Posted by otter28169 View Post
    I was ryding with a friend last september on a wet day when we pulled into a biker bar in upstate NY. My friend was ryding a Harley trike and figured we wouldn't turn any heads. I was just about to walk away from the mistress and go inside when a couple guys started asking questions. The usual of course: how does it ride, is it fast, where can you get it, etc. I had stood there for 20 minutes answering questions and shooting the bull, when a kid (not even 20 yet) with HD gear pulled onto the lot in an old Buick Estate wagon. They got out and headed directly toward me. The first thing the kid said to me was "Why don't you get off that jap POS and ride a harley?" At this point my friend Danny blew coffee out of his nose and started laughing. I remained calm and told him that it was canadian not japanese. "When are you gonna get rid of the training wheels and get a real bike?" he replied. "Like the one you rode in on today?" Danny answered. At this point he was getting irritated, and Danny was ready to ride along, so we started gearing up to leave. I put on my helmet, and fired up the mistress. The last thing he said to me was "So you think you are too good for a Harley??". "Didn't need to buy my way into a group of friends" I answered and put down my visor.

Moral of the story, I will answer "dumb" questions anytime. I do not, however, have to put up with ignorance. If you are gonna be a head, you are gonna get smart answers.
    2012 CanAm Spyder RT-S SE5
    SENA SMH5 Bluetooth Headsets
    Diamond R Armrest, Passenger Tour Mug, Driver Tour Mug
    Opitma Driver-Backrest
    Seal Deluxe Floorboards
    RIVCO-Trunk Mounted Flag Holders
    Ram Ball GPS Mount
    AST3 Ultimate Towing Trailer

8th Air Force
    96th BG, 413th BSq

Spyder Garage

After reading all these, I feel left out. I get lots of questions, but they have all been genuine curiosity and interest. Waiting for my first "dumb" question.

Bernie
    --
    RT-S (Blue) with Power Sports Wrap Racing Stripes
    BajaRon's Sway Bar
    Kewl Metal Gizmo Mount
    Rivco Flag Mounts
    NBV Highway Pegs

Spyder Garage

Default Poor Harley Rider

Last year i went to MO to visit some of the MOGANG Group for a weekend in Branson, While there several of us went to a "Biker bar" for lunch, everyone was cool and friendly, as we were leaving there was a group of Harley guys and gals taking photos of their bikes, mine just happen to be next to theirs and as i was getting on mine i made the comment to one of the guys that i hope you got my Spyder in the picture, WELL the Harley guy next to me made some smarta** comment and proceeded to crank his bike, one of his buddies said to him hey maybe if you had three wheels you wouldn't drop it as often and then laughed. the harley guy started backing up to allow his Girlfriend to get on, he was not happy with the remark from his buddy and apparently was not paying attention because when his girlfriend started to get on he dropped the bike, he was on an incline and could not pick it up by himself, so i helped him lift it, now he was really embarrassed, and now his bike would not start, his buddy sat there shaking his head and the rest of his friends drove away, his buddy told him to let the oil drain back down then start it, he did and it did. was a very funny situation and this poor Harley guy was extremely embarrased. My Spyder waited patiently and then our group left, smiling.

TRUE STORY

Cruzr joe
    2018 F3 Limited, BRP Driver Backrest, Spyderpops Lighted Bump Skid, Dual Spyclops Light, Mirror Turn Signals, Laser Alignment, Engine LEDs, Fog Lights With Halo's, Cushion Handgrips, BRT LEDs, and Under Lighting, Lamonster IPS, (with Clock), F4 25" Vented Windshield with Wings, Airhawk "R" Cushions. Position 4 Brake setting, Short reach Handlebars, Dash Mounted Voltmeter and 12 Volt Plug. Set of 3rd pegs. Extended Passenger Seat. Exterior BRP Connect setup, Ultimate Trailer

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mxz600 View Post
    My wife and I were leaving Wal-mart today when a woman started asking me questions about the Spyder. And then all of a sudden there it was, that one stupid question that just leaves you thinking... What the hell? "Is that thing legal to drive on the road?" No, I trailered it up here to drive around the Wal-mart parking lot... here's your sign.

2012 Spyder RS S SE5 Magnesium, Power Commander V with Autotune, HMF Exhaust, Green air filter,
    TricLed/Custom Dynamics Led Project titled "Knight Rider"

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) SpyderNana's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by qasamm View Post
    Some of the best come from my 6 year old son and his friends?
    - Is it a transformer?
    - Was it the one in the Transformer movie?
    - Is that the fastest motorcycle in the world?
    - Can you take the extra wheel off?
    - Can you ride it on the trails?
    - Does it have rockets?
    - When can they drive it?
    - Why is it always broken (I do all my own mods and much maintenance)?
    - Did I get it from Batman?

and my wife's favorite- Why didn't I buy one for Mommy?
    The questions from the six year old and his friends are priceless! And those aren't stupid questions, just complete innocence and curiosity.
    2015 RTS Spyder, Intense Red Pearl, Baja-ron swaybar & links, Custom Dynamics trunk brake light, third & fourth brake lights from TricLED, Spyderpops bump skid, led lights on turn signals, Rear Elka shock, sheepskin seat cover & a new Black Freedom Trailer. We love our Spyder!!!

[SIZE=1]

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzr Joe View Post
    Last year i went to MO to visit some of the MOGANG Group for a weekend in Branson, While there several of us went to a "Biker bar" for lunch, everyone was cool and friendly, as we were leaving there was a group of Harley guys and gals taking photos of their bikes, mine just happen to be next to theirs and as i was getting on mine i made the comment to one of the guys that i hope you got my Spyder in the picture, WELL the Harley guy next to me made some smarta** comment and proceeded to crank his bike, one of his buddies said to him hey maybe if you had three wheels you wouldn't drop it as often and then laughed. the harley guy started backing up to allow his Girlfriend to get on, he was not happy with the remark from his buddy and apparently was not paying attention because when his girlfriend started to get on he dropped the bike, he was on an incline and could not pick it up by himself, so i helped him lift it, now he was really embarrassed, and now his bike would not start, his buddy sat there shaking his head and the rest of his friends drove away, his buddy told him to let the oil drain back down then start it, he did and it did. was a very funny situation and this poor Harley guy was extremely embarrased. My Spyder waited patiently and then our group left, smiling.

TRUE STORY

Cruzr joe
    I almost want to feel just a little bit sorry for that dolt...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member Arr MiHardies's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default The dumbest Spyder question yet.

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderNana View Post
    The questions from the six year old and his friends are priceless! And those aren't stupid questions, just complete innocence and curiosity.
    Our local dealer does have the one from the transformers movie.
    President - Spyder Ryder of America - Mojave Desert Chapter
    National Web Master - Spyder Ryder of America