Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Very Active Member Arr MiHardies's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default The dumbest Spyder question yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Star View Post
    My Mom always said "if you can't say something nice. Then don't say anything at all".
    And people wonder why I'm so quiet.
    President - Spyder Ryder of America - Mojave Desert Chapter
    National Web Master - Spyder Ryder of America

Spyder Garage

Great to go through this and read the comments and such. It has brightened my day for sure.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by SethO View Post
    the best one I have had is after telling me that it was great I was going green and I asked what he was talkin about he said "because you are riding one of those hybrids, where do you plug it in?"
    And this was at the gas station as you were filling it up possibly?? One spyder owner had that happen and he said yep BUT the CLOCK runs on gas so I had to fill her up!!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Answers to the under edumakatied

The one that I keep getting hit with is "how do turn it?"

The only answer I keep coming p wit is, by turning the from wheels!!

Another is does it lean much? I find myself saying no it turns flat! Then they ask, do you have. To sit upright? To which I reply, no I lay black in my wife's arms and nap!

Spyder Garage

Best or actually worst question I have had is. "Is that thing hard to balance ?"

I think the lady that asked me that might have been drunk.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

When i had a Spyder the Marjory of the questions from people was' Does it lean?, and do you need to balance it. ? Among others

All legitimate questions. You don't learn if you don't ask.!!!
    I just tell them it's not a Motorcycle, And explain the difference's with out sarcasm.
    Last edited by boborgera; 02-08-2013 at 03:41 PM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hondaman View Post
    I get asked.Did you make that?
    I've been asked that...and also asked if it was a custom build.
    Phil

I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands.

2011 Spyder RT-AC

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default DoVgirls or Guys Get The Most Stupid Questions Asked?

I would be willing to think that a female Spyder.Ryder would be the one to get the most stupid remarks or question asked of them.. dumb things "is it hard to ride." Or "how do ride it?"

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Tactfully. Responding

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post
    When i had a Spyder the Marjory of the questions from people was' Does it lean?, and do you need to balance it. ? Among others

All legitimate questions. You don't learn if you don't ask.!!!
    I just tell them it's not a Motorcycle, And explain the difference's with out sarcasm.
    If we don't do it tactfully we are no better then the person asking the questions. But that does not help shape our opinions of others! I find that even other brand riders can ask.some really nreally n dumb questions at times

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Boots's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mxz600 View Post
    My wife and I were leaving Wal-mart today when a woman started asking me questions about the Spyder. And then all of a sudden there it was, that one stupid question that just leaves you thinking... What the hell? "Is that thing legal to drive on the road?" No, I trailered it up here to drive around the Wal-mart parking lot... here's your sign.
    Yup have had the same question from idiots.

Spyder Garage

Not a question--but a quick story. I'm leaving the parking lot at WalMart and as I turn the corner at the end of the parking isle, this mom is walking hand-in-hand with her son--maybe 4 or 5. The kid sees the Spyder and jumps around and screams "HEY MOM--A TRANSFORMER" . The mom just about yanks the kids arm out of his socket and shouts--"Don't ever talk to those biker people"!! Unfortunately, I had to go home and as my wife what a Transformer is!!! LOL

Spyder Garage

no stupid question--but one time I was at a stop light and there was a homeless guy standing there asking for money. He didnt ask for money from me, but started asking question on my spyder. Maybe he is planning to save up for one now

Spyder Garage

Love the kids questions. Worst one from adults is Whats wrong, never learned to ride a real bike? To which I reply, Not since I lost my leg in an accident. This answer most always shuts up the stupid.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 800steve View Post
    Love the kids questions. Worst one from adults is Whats wrong, never learned to ride a real bike? To which I reply, Not since I lost my leg in an accident. This answer most always shuts up the stupid.
    I love this one--and I'm stealing it from you to use next time!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

R O F L M A O
    Several summers past on a warm sunny Saturday I was out riding my Gold Wing. While waiting at a red light a very rough outlaw type on a Harley
    pulled up along side me and gave me the evil eye while he checked out my bike.
    Just before the light turned green he yelled over "what the did ya git a rice grinder fer?" As the light turned green I smiled and said "I don't own a pick um up truck!" After I pulled off I heard a crunch and checked the mirrors. He apparently stalled his bike and then dropped it. I had a smirk on my face for many days after!

While I am here....my favorite Harley joke ...
    What do Harley Davidsons and German Shepherds have in common?

They both luv to ride in the back of a pickup

It's all good!

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Zenagirl's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default corners.....

Quote Originally Posted by ronv View Post
    Had a lady ask me the other day if the front wheels turned!

Started to say no, when I need to turn a corner I have to stop - get off - lift the back end up - point the Spyder in the direction I want to go then get on and go.

But I didn't...

Spyder Garage

While I am here....my favorite Harley joke ...
    What do Harley Davidsons and German Shepherds have in common?

They both luv to ride in the back of a pickup

It's all good!

======================

Is that why there are called "Hardly Ableson? LOL

Spyder Garage

Stupid question "Does It Lean?" Yet how stupid is that, when BRP has patented a leaning trike concept.

For all of you that feel superior to others because they get asked questions that you deem as "stupid", I turn your attention to the number of threads on this site all dealing with "Gas Cap"
    We do it ourselves as well.
    THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A STUPID QUESTION. ONLY STUPID ANSWERS.

If we respond to these questions with snotty or foolish answers we risk being judged the same way we judge Harley fanboys who treat us badly..
    Just my own humble opinion. If I'm wrong, I'm sure others will correct me, but I'm not trying to start a flame war.

Rant over. I'm going skiing this morning in 24 inches of fresh snow.

Now back to the entertainment portion of the program.
    Last edited by ThreeWheels; 02-10-2013 at 06:26 AM.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    Stupid question "Does It Lean?" Yet how stupid is that, when BRP has patented a leaning trike concept.

For all of you that feel superior to others because they get asked questions that you deem as "stupid", I turn your attention to the number of threads on this site all dealing with "Gas Cap"

If we respond to these questions with snotty or foolish answers we risk being judged the same way we judge Harley fanboys who treat us badly..
    Just my own humble opinion. If I'm wrong, I'm sure others will correct me, but I'm not trying to start a flame war.

We must always remember people who ask these question that it is there level of understanding. Yes some of the question really sound stupid
    you would think would be common sense but common sense is not too common.
    The question, I don't like is when they ask how much do it cost.
    Xm Radio, BRP CB, Top block off plate, Lazard LED, Utopia backrest

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post

I couldn't agree with you more.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Champagne View Post
    The question, I don't like is when they ask how much do it cost.
    That one doesn't bother me at all because I think they may be trying to compare with the price of a t-rex or they may just want to see if they can afford a spyder. I know that they could just look it up on the internet; but, since they already have your attention, they ask.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    That one doesn't bother me at all because I think they may be trying to compare with the price of a t-rex or they may just want to see if they can afford a spyder. I know that they could just look it up on the internet; but, since they already have your attention, they ask.
    I agree with that. But then there are some people they know they cannot afford it. And they are going to ask you, anyway
    Their remark after you tell them.
    they say that mucn motorcycle my car don't cost that much.
    Xm Radio, BRP CB, Top block off plate, Lazard LED, Utopia backrest

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default silly questions

i have had a lot of strange and funny question about the spyder, but it is the cars who come up behind me at a stop light and just about kill them self to get into the left lane because they think i am riding an ebike. then i pull away and leave them all behind.

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Phyxius's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

This isn't a stupid question at all, just cute. I rode my spyder to the International Motorcycle Show in DC in January. A little boy was walking with his mom. I'd guess he was about 4 years old. He said, "You rode that? I didn't know girls could ride motorcycles?!"

I do get the "do you like that" or "how do you like that?" question.

A lot of people ask about the licensing, Maryland requires a motorcycle license but you can take the test on a three wheel and then be limited to only three wheels. I have a full license so, I usually tell them that and point out that I choose to ride the spyder because it's fun, has storage, and great extra features (heated handgrips, radio, ipod, etc.

So, mostly I get the "how fast does it go?", "does it lean?", "do you like it?" and "how much is it?". Not too many stupid questions, just repetitive. I have had a couple people (usually wearing a biker shirt) say "I wouldn't ride one of those!" but then, I've also had people wearing biker shirts say, "It doesn't matter what you ride as long as you're having fun."

So, I try to always be nice to the people asking questions. People are still wary about things that are different. And, because the spyder attracts so much attention perhaps some of those other bike riders are jealous.

-Christina
    2012 RT-S Blue
    Photographer and horse rider.
    2012 RT , Blue

Spyder Garage

Default snow mobile

Had a guy at the camp ground goin for a while, told him BRP had a kit for it, so you take off the tires
    and put skis on the frount then tracs go in the back! Vickie had to stop me said he was drunk! so was I but
    it was fun.