Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by XLT View Post
    Oh... I have seen this...I know this...It's a...Raptor. Thats what it is a Raptor your riding a Raptor, right? No, it's actually called a Spyder. No thats a Raptor. No, sorry it's a Spyder. A Spider? Yes a Spider but with a Y instead of I. A Spyder. Yes, thats right. Ha...Hummm... Spyder. Thats right. It's not a T-REX ? No it's a Spyder. Oh...OK thanks....is it street lee...well that's a stupid question your riding on the street....HA...A SPYDER HUH...
    I WISH I COULD SAY IT ENDED AT THIS POINT.
    I totally forgot about the conversation I had with a guy who kept trying to convince me that it was a T-Rex. This was before I put the graphics kit or any other mods on, so it still had the Can-Am and Spyder badging on the sides.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

Default Dumbfounded

Last time I took the out to Target to pick up some essentials, I parked it next to a cart rack, the guy gathering the carts up to take them back in, looked at it, looked at me, and with a completely serious look on his face asked me,

"Is that a jet ski?"

I was literally dumbfounded, I couldn't even respond
    Later, all i could think about was how I must have JUMPED it from the river into the parking lot LOL!

Spyder Garage

Some of the best come from my 6 year old son and his friends?
    - Is it a transformer?
    - Was it the one in the Transformer movie?
    - Is that the fastest motorcycle in the world?
    - Can you take the extra wheel off?
    - Can you ride it on the trails?
    - Does it have rockets?
    - When can they drive it?
    - Why is it always broken (I do all my own mods and much maintenance)?
    - Did I get it from Batman?

and my wife's favorite- Why didn't I buy one for Mommy?
    Sam Mancuso

Our "his and hers" Spyders. Read more about them at theotherwheel.com

Very Active Member stormtrooper's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderWolf View Post
    welcome

Have you had them pull up along side you on the freeway and try to take your picture with their cell phone yet? That one always makes me nervous.
    Had a guy in his teens at my local gas station one day tell me he saw a spyder the other day.I said where he said rte 23 I said that was me and out came his cell phone with pics of me riding the spyder.He told me he was sending the pics that day to all his friends about the cool ride he saw.

2014 RT-S SE6 Pearl White

Grip Puppies, 12 volt power outlet, BRP comfort seat, Tri-Axis adjustable handlebars, BajaRons sway bar & links, Spyderpops Bump Skid w/Inlaid LED's & Stainless steel Kott grilles,SmoothSpyder belt tensioner,Carbon fiber dipped wind deflectors,Lamonster NBV highway brackets,Lamonster cat delete pipe,

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by qasamm View Post
    Some of the best come from my 6 year old son and his friends?
    - Is it a transformer?
    - Was it the one in the Transformer movie?
    - Is that the fastest motorcycle in the world?
    - Can you take the extra wheel off?
    - Can you ride it on the trails?
    - Does it have rockets?
    - When can they drive it?
    - Why is it always broken (I do all my own mods and much maintenance)?
    - Did I get it from Batman?

and my wife's favorite- Why didn't I buy one for Mommy?
    Now those are good questions coming from kids. That is pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by stormtrooper View Post
    Had a guy in his teens at my local gas station one day tell me he saw a spyder the other day.I said where he said rte 23 I said that was me and out came his cell phone with pics of me riding the spyder.He told me he was sending the pics that day to all his friends about the cool ride he saw.
    That is not cool at all. Unfortunately, it is the age in which we live and they don't think anything bad is going to happen to them while taking pictures and texting while driving. I was once young and invincible as well. It is only by the grace of God that I lived through it.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) Boots's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ronv View Post
    Had a lady ask me the other day if the front wheels turned!

Started to say no, when I need to turn a corner I have to stop - get off - lift the back end up - point the Spyder in the direction I want to go then get on and go.

But I didn't...
    I loved this ! ! I was laughing so hard I could not read it to my hubby. Thanks for the laugh.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by carousel1958 View Post
    I loved this ! ! I was laughing so hard I could not read it to my hubby. Thanks for the laugh.
    In all fairness, rear-wheel steering does exist (e.g. on forklifts and some other vehicles like payloaders). I think most of the questions can be excused as amusingly niave, rather than stupid. Even the questions about whether its street-legal, and even if you are driving it on the street at the time, are excusable because I see ATVs and snowmobiles going up and down the streets on occasion in my neck of the woods (and they aren't street legal). Just because you are on the street doesn't mean it is legal!

However, the one about being asked if the Sypder is an electric scooter while filling it up at a gas pump... well, that one is indefensibly stupid and (IMHO) the hands-down winner for stupidest question!

Spyder Garage

Default OH NO

Just like everyone else there comes a time when you cannot help yourself.
    Some of you say it happens to often with me ------ but I ignore them what do they know.
    So
    I have only faltered one time on the "Is it street legal" question.
    I answered NO its not but I'm a cop.

I mumbled that means Citizen Out Playing.

Yazz and I were west of Knoxville on our way to the smokies when we pulled into a rest stop.
    We attracted a crowd of curious questions and really some genuinely nice people. We answered a bunch ---- we had a picture taking session with strangers sitting on our bikes---we enjoyed it as much as they did.
    Then what happened next had Yazz laughing so hard she had tears running and gasping for breath.
    A female eish Harley driver walked up and around the spyder---then said loudly "pheww I ride a Harley and I wouldn't ride something like that."
    Without leaving a pause I knowingly agreed with her plus followed it with understanding----- "allot of women just can't give up that vibration"
    We already had our helmets on so we left.
    Smile time

If you don't have a sense of humor,
    you probably don't have any sense.
    Beyond happy SpyderLover

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RTGENE View Post
    Some of you say it happens to often with me ------ but I ignore them what do they know.
    So

Yazz and I were west of Knoxville on our way to the smokies when we pulled into a rest stop.
    We attracted a crowd of curious questions and really some genuinely nice people. We answered a bunch ---- we had a picture taking session with strangers sitting on our bikes---we enjoyed it as much as they did.
    Then what happened next had Yazz laughing so hard she had tears running and gasping for breath.
    A female eish Harley driver walked up and around the spyder---then said loudly "pheww I ride a Harley and I wouldn't ride something like that."
    Without leaving a pause I knowingly agreed with her plus followed it with understanding----- "allot of women just can't give up that vibration"
    Smile time

Oh Gene, leave it to you... I can understand why Yazz was laughing so hard.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RTGENE View Post
    So

Smile time

Quote Originally Posted by dltang View Post
    Oh Gene, leave it to you... I can understand why Yazz was laughing so hard.
    I remember that lady. She had a chromed out Fat Boy and was wearing new leathers. I've heard that exact comment many times before.

It was Gene's reply that was priceless!
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Spyder Garage

I was at the gas station the other day, while a guy was mid fill up on his truck, he asked if it got good mileage.
    I replied not as good as a 2 wheeler, but right around 28-33 depending on how hard I drive it. As I finished up (before he did mind you), I grabbed my receipt and showed it to him I said, "but it sure was a lot of fun for 12 bucks!"

I pulled away with a nice smile in my helmet

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dltang View Post
    Yup, I've been asked the street legal question before too. I get asked the wheelie question a lot. I look at them with a very straight face and tell them, only in reverse. Then I really get the looks.

Here are my three favorites:

I like the " oh, so you took the bike in today?" question at the cash with my helmet and riding jacket on.... No, I rode my car but decided to wear a helmet and gear just in case.

When paying for gas ( again with helmet and gear on) and being asked if I need a car wash with my gas.

At the fast food place asking if its for here or to go ( again with helme....you get the picture)

Spyder Garage

I think I've posted this before, but it truly is the dumbest I'e heard.
    A woman walked up in a parking lot and asked "so, does it have three wheels?"

john

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by retread View Post
    I think I've posted this before, but it truly is the dumbest I'e heard.
    A woman walked up in a parking lot and asked "so, does it have three wheels?"

john

You should of put a panic look on your face, And yell oh my god i must have lost a wheel on the highway,
    When i started out i had four wheels

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

At least folks notice us... even if they're not exactly sure of the best way to start a conversation!
    It's rare that the Missus and I take ours out that somebody doesn't come up to us and start adking questions. While I don't enjoy being the center of attention, I DO like spreading the good word about the Spyders!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Have not had any "dumb" questions but did have a LEO pull up beside me at a stop light and ask questions about the Spyder then he asked where I thought would be the best place to put his lights on it . Then about a week ago went to get a hair cut and had a guy pull up behind me as I parked, he'd been following me for three miles waiting for me to stop so he could get a better look and ask questions. Took me 45 minutes to get into the barber shop due to the crowd that gathered in the parking lot around the Spyder . Makes no difference if the questions seem "dumb" to me I try to be as straight up in answering as I can even when it causes delays in my plans.

I Love my Spyder!

Glo Ryders {4 sets (Blue, Red, Orange, Pink) I swap out}
    Rear Trunk Liner ......... Seal Floorboards
    Rear Trunk Shelf
    Corbin Heated Seat
    extra 12V plug
    Elka shocks
    White/Red fender lights
    Bump/skid
    Baker Wind Wings
    Honey Burl Dash Kit

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Finally got my dumbest question today

Going home today on a great 98 degree day in traffic, and going 20 mph with my visor up the guy next to me yells to me "how much does that thing cost? Sadly because of traffic I could not ryde away, so I hold up five fingers three times, and lower my visor.
    Is it Friday yet? ... Oh yeah, I forgot. I'm retired

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold
    2014 RT - Testing completed
    2016 F3-T Audio package - Sold

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Star View Post
    Going home today on a great 98 degree day in traffic, and going 20 mph with my visor up the guy next to me yells to me "how much does that thing cost? Sadly because of traffic I could not ryde away, so I hold up five fingers three times, and lower my visor.

I'm glad he didn't think you were holding one finger up!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post
    I'm glad he didn't think you were holding one finger up!
    If I paid $16,000 I might have Not really, that would be wrong.

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold

Spyder Garage

I don't have my Spyder yet. But this forum is definatley full of some very nice people that are always willing to share their knowledge and experiences. I am enjoying all the forum topics, but this one was the best ... LOL several times..

Looking forward to these interactions when I get my , mostly for the entertainment factor.

Keep them coming..

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Wink Strange questions and wierd answers

Keep up the thread I haven't had this much fun reading stuff for a LONG time!!!Am gona HAVE to find the right SIGN for some of the ????'s.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Does it ever end?

Okay, I thought the guy on the freeway asked a dumb question, but this one beat it hands down. I am at the bank taking off my helmet when a guy walks up to me and asks me "do you like it?" Of course I say "no". I think I need to stop ryding Orbit on nice days like today, but then the always make it worth it.

Past bikes
    2010 RS - Sold
    2012 RT - Sold

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I get the "do you like" question too. I haven't quite figured out why people ask it. Maybe they are just tongue tied and it comes out wrong! I did have someone ask me how it rides in the snow and does it fishtail. Then I usually get the one I dislike the most - "How much is it?"

Meanwhile - I just enjoy my ryde!

Spyder Garage

Ok... not a "stupid" question or comment... but thought it was funny coming from a Harley rider!!

"Nice dude... Those ers are fast!!"

This was at the parking lot of a Catholic Church this morning on a Men's Spirituality gathering...
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bullant12 View Post
    Ok... not a "stupid" question or comment... but thought it was funny coming from a Harley rider!!

"Nice dude... Those ers are fast!!"

This was at the parking lot of a Catholic Church this morning on a Men's Spirituality gathering...
    Outstanding!
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!