Invalid Emails
    Eastern Québec, Canada, Earth, Solar System
    Spyder Garage

Default Motorcycle license NOT required in Quebec

As of April 2010, you can drive a Spyder in the Province of Quebec with an automobile licence and a 7-hour course.

http://saaq.gouv.qc.ca/en/driver_lic...moto/index.php

I bet the sales are going to increase!

V.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

The dealer in Quebec are buying Spyder From all over Canada to suply the demand.

My dealer send 4 Spyders in Quebec this week

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Cool

it is my opinion why BRP never went for the front brake lever combined with Brake pedal I'm sure there working on this in a lot of states in the U.S.A. also

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

That's one of the most asked questions I get: What kind of license do you need?? They'd sell a lot more of these if a motorcycle license wasn't needed.

RT-S PE-0399
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyryder View Post
    That's one of the most asked questions I get: What kind of license do you need?? They'd sell a lot more of these if a motorcycle license wasn't needed.
    In California, you only need a regular drivers license. In Oregon, you can get a motorcycle license endorsed for 3 wheels only. It is the same written test, but the driving test is simplified.

RT-S PE#0338
    Spyder Garage

This is great, as long as they don't plan on leaving the province. Just as a driver in California can drive a Spyder with an auto license, but can't leave the state. But it may encourage them to go for a proper M/C license.

RT-S PE-0399
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    This is great, as long as they don't plan on leaving the province. Just as a driver in California can drive a Spyder with an auto license, but can't leave the state. But it may encourage them to go for a proper M/C license.
    CA Spyder riders are legal in other states.

Spyder Garage

While that is great news - they aren't cuttting us any slack on the cost of licence plates - 2010 cost is $627 and rising...... (Sports bikes licence plates cost over $1000 )
    Because of winter tire laws in effect in Quebec from December 15 to March 15 you can only have your Spyder on the road 6 months max.(granted we're usually snowed -in during that period anyways....) So that's almost $70/month for plates alone

Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly !

Spyder Garage

When I bought my first house in Quebec in 1982 my license plate for my Honda 500/4 was the same as my mortgage payment ~ $500 and my insurance was another $500. I sold the bike and didn't buy another until 2005. Sad times, on a positive note I have been driving a bike for the last 17 years!

Spyder Garage

Subject to certain age restrictions, someone from CA can legally drive in other states as long as:

The driver has a current, valid license from the state in which he/she resides, and
    The license is valid for the type of vehicle the person is driving in California (car, truck, motorcycle, etc.).
    21 Spyder base F3

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Terrance View Post
    When I bought my first house in Quebec in 1982 my license plate for my Honda 500/4 was the same as my mortgage payment ~ $500 and my insurance was another $500. I sold the bike and didn't buy another until 2005. Sad times, on a positive note I have been driving a bike for the last 17 years!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    Subject to certain age restrictions, someone from CA can legally drive in other states as long as:

The driver has a current, valid license from the state in which he/she resides, and
    The license is valid for the type of vehicle the person is driving in California (car, truck, motorcycle, etc.).
    . As interesting as this archeology may be, do you realise that you two are replying to a thread that was started waaaay back in April 2010, and the last post before you two chimed in was only posted a day or so later than that?!? . Are the rules in Quebec still the same, or have there been some changes in the decade or so since??

Just Sayin'
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    . As interesting as this archeology may be, do you realise that you two are replying to a thread that was started waaaay back in April 2010, and the last post before you two chimed in was only posted a day or so later than that?!? . Are the rules in Quebec still the same, or have there been some changes in the decade or so since??

Just Sayin'
    They both joined the forum ten years after that original post.
    2012 Viper Red RT-S (Sold)
    2020 Ryker Rally
    2023 Plasma Red F3 Limited