Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default New juicebox pro

Have anyone tried the new juicebox pro?

I was wondering if it performs better than the regular juicebox.

Cost: $339.98

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bun-1 View Post
    Have anyone tried the new juicebox pro?

I was wondering if it performs better than the regular juicebox.

Cost: $339.98
    if you are one of many waiting for power commander for spyder, i am taking my spyder in for them to do final testing this week. it may be worth the wait.
    6 states down 42 states to go

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

they claim to be better than 'PC' plus the ability to use 'PC' maps.

Last edited by bun-1; 04-06-2010 at 11:49 AM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Anyone wanna buy a two week old regular JB? lol
    Happy 2009 Roadster Red SM5 Owner
    Two Brothers Dual Exhaust w/P1X Tips | Two Brothers Juice Box | KewlMetal Intake | Amber Fender Tip Lights | Fog Lights | SilverStar Headlights | Trunk Liner | 12v Acc. Plug | BRP Comfort Seat

Spyder Garage

I am getting ready to order the Juice Box Pro very soon. My understanding is that it is not actually available yet, but should be within this month sometime. It sounds like it is going to be a great product to me.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HDXBONES View Post
    It looks like the PC5 will have an auto tune option, that the JB Pro doesn't appear to have. The Power Commander also has capabilities for peripherals that JB Pro doesn't. The autotune feature would probably sway me, due to the difficulty in finding a dyno that will accommodate the Spyder in order to obtain a precise tune.

The 'canned maps' you'll get from either manufacturer will be close(and better than anything we have now), but won't be as exact as a full tune on a dyno. The autotune will go a long way toward dialing in an individual machine without any dynomometer access......
    I have an SE5, so the only way it could ever be dyno tested would be to take it back home to Valcourt and ask them to do it for me. For some reason I do not see that happening. I do know Two Bros. has been dyno testing this system on a Spyder, so the canned SM5 maps will be a good start for me. I can then tweak if need be; however, chances are without a dyno I would never be able to tell the difference anyway.

I believe it was stated before that none of these units will adjust the ignition timing, doesn't that make it the major limiting factor for performance tuning a Spyder?

Also, if I am reading things right, the AutoTune for non-Harley is a $260 add on.
    Last edited by SpyderWolf; 04-06-2010 at 08:04 PM.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the additional information.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderWolf View Post
    I have an SE5, so the only way it could ever be dyno tested would be to take it back home to Valcourt and ask them to do it for me. For some reason I do not see that happening. I do know Two Bros. has been dyno testing this system on a Spyder, so the canned SM5 maps will be a good start for me. I can then tweak if need be; however, chances are without a dyno I would never be able to tell the difference anyway.

I believe it was stated before that none of these units will adjust the ignition timing, doesn't that make it the major limiting factor for performance tuning a Spyder?

Also, if I am reading things right, the AutoTune for non-Harley is a $260 add on.
    Se5 can not be dynoed?
    I wondered why they did not ask me if I had a se5...
    Well if that's the case, I am gonna ask for auto-tune instead of Ron wood slip on they are offering me along with pc.
    6 states down 42 states to go

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by aka1004 View Post
    Se5 can not be dynoed?
    Well if that's the case, I am gonna ask for auto-tune instead of Ron wood slip on they are offering me along with pc.
    Not sure why the SE5 can't dyno...maybe because of the auto downshifting?

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by aka1004 View Post
    Se5 can not be dynoed?
    It is my understanding, a big thanks to Magic Man goes here, that in order to dyno the Spyder they have to disconnect the VSS. This works fine for the SM5; however, the SE5 will not shift out of first gear with the VSS disabled. BRP is supposed to have some software that will let them override this limitation, but they do not let it go to outside parties. This includes dealers, as they do not want anyone taking a Spyder on the road with the VSS overridden.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

It is my understanding, a big thanks to Magic Man goes here, that in order to dyno the Spyder they have to disconnect the VSS. This works fine for the SM5; however, the SE5 will not shift out of first gear with the VSS disabled. BRP is supposed to have some software that will let them override this limitation, but they do not let it go to outside parties. This includes dealers, as they do not want anyone taking a Spyder on the road with the VSS overridden.
    That makes perfect sense now......

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HDXBONES View Post
    I wonder if DynoJet will have a way to temporarily overcome that little nuisance......
    Evan didn't seem to think so, unless they shared something with them that they did not share with Two Bros.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the additional information.
    So do you think the juice box pro is a little too technical for the average rider? Is seems like there needs to be a lot of education needed for the pro... or like a dyno is needed to fine tune the bike... so basically the difference between the pro and regular jb is being able to customize the maps better?...

Thanks
    Kewlmetal Intake, NMN HID headlights, Scorpio Alarm, LED mud flaps, triple play, fender tips, LeoVince exhaust, Juice Box...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by leo76dragon View Post
    So do you think the juice box pro is a little too technical for the average rider? Is seems like there needs to be a lot of education needed for the pro... or like a dyno is needed to fine tune the bike... so basically the difference between the pro and regular jb is being able to customize the maps better?...

Thanks
    I don't really think it is going to be too complicated. I am fairly certain it will come with pre-set maps that will work for the most common set ups. Such as 1 for stock, 1 for exhaust only, 1 for exhaust with filter change, and so on. These should be really close to what is needed. You could also store maps for high altitude, cold weather, hot weather, and so on.

The biggest difference is that where the Juice Box could only add extra fuel to the system, the Pro can also take away fuel. This should help give better air fuel mixture in all areas.

For those that want to play with it and tweak things, the computer program looks pretty intuitive as well. From the demo I saw, it shows you what effect the changes you are making will have on the Spyder via a graphical representation.

Couple all of the possibilities of tweaking, along with the capability of storing multiple maps and being able to switch between them on the fly, and the plug-and-play functionality, I think this may be a great unit for everyone.

Of course, all of this is just my opinion, and your mileage may vary.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=SpyderWolf;196219]I don't really think it is going to be too complicated. I am fairly certain it will come with pre-set maps that will work for the most common set ups. Such as 1 for stock, 1 for exhaust only, 1 for exhaust with filter change, and so on. These should be really close to what is needed. You could also store maps for high altitude, cold weather, hot weather, and so on.

The biggest difference is that where the Juice Box could only add extra fuel to the system, the Pro can also take away fuel. This should help give better air fuel mixture in all areas.

Its my understanding the runs lean now . Would you want to take fuel away ?
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fastfraser View Post
    Its my understanding the runs lean now . Would you want to take fuel away ?
    I don't know yet, but there could be a possibility of needing to. I have not tried a regular Juice Box, but am thinking if all it could do is add fuel then there may have been a point within the throttle range where it was putting in too much fuel and creating a rich condition. It could also be that Two Bros. discovered this situation on different engines, and decided to include the take away of fuel capability on all Pro boxes.

Either way, it should definitely open up a much wider range of tuning options for everyone.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

As the old saying goes, "You pay your money, you take your chances". I ordered the JB Pro today, and will let you know when it arrives.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

wait for my new juicebox pro .

if i am lucky have next week
    great feed back with pictures

Spyder Garage

I ended up cancelling my order about a month ago or so, as Two Brothers had no idea on any sort of shipping date for these units.

If you get yours, please let us know how it changes things for you.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

yes of course let you (spyderwolf) and the guys
    how it changes things on my spyder.
    take some nice picture on new juicebox to

sorry for your order

find this link http://www.twobros.com/Cust_Service/...TBR001-229.pdf
    Last edited by the nicko; 06-26-2010 at 10:47 PM.
    great feed back with pictures