Spyder Garage

Default Great ride in SoCal

I hooked up with Ken and Denise from WCS in El Cajon CA and after breakfast we headed to Temecula to meet with a group form Riverside.

It was a little windy but not too bad. Ken lead the way and Denise followed behind me to see how the trailer tracked behind the RT. He has one on order for his RT and I guess he was pretty impressed how well it handled at 70mph+. I drove a lot of the way with one hand on the bars and was very relaxed and that's what Denise wanted to see. I think he's really going to like his new trailer.

Pulling into our meeting place.

We got there a little early so we fueled up and parked. It wasn't too long after folks started coming up asking questions about the RT. It was well received as always. Denise and I did a good cleaning on our RT's while we were waiting. I guess Ken is not big on cleaning every stop, I wish I was more like that but I'm not.

So now the whole gang is here and we're just about ready to head to Anza Borrego.

They have a very active group of riders and that's really cool.

The ride out to the desert was great, unfortunately we didn't didn't get to stop along the way and take pics. My stupid camera was having issues and I couldn't shoot while we were rolling either. SoCal has had a lot of rain so it was really green in the hills. I love my home in TN but SoCal has some beautiful riding too.

After dropping down into the desert we pulled into a little Mall for lunch. I no sooner got off of the RT when I hear "uncle Lamont", it was my niece Magan. It just so happens she works in that mall cutting hair. I had no idea and the chances of pulling into the parking lot at the same time was pretty slim. She call my nephew Ryan and had him bring over Adeiaide. I had never seen her in person so this was great.

Here's a pic they took a few days before I got there.

Here she is at the restaurant we were waiting to get in at.

We had a great lunch and fellowship and talked about the Spyder and the rides we had been on. It was great to hear why the Spyder has opened so many doors for us as far as long distance riding and riding in all weather conditions. That third wheel really increases the safety factor and confidence.

We lost about half the group after lunch. Some of the folks had a long ride home and we were heading toward home. This was a pic just before we all split off.

If you've never been to the Borrago desert there are some really cool sculptures in the middle of the desert. Here's a good link to some of what's out there. http://www.desertusa.com/borrego/bs-art.html

Here's the one we stopped at.

We had a pretty spirited ride up Banner Grade into Julian but there really wasn't any place to park in Julian so we headed down to San Isabel for some pie. We fueled up at the station there and I put right at 4 gal. for 104 miles and the other two RT's put in 3.5 gal. So towing a trailer in the wind, uphill and full throttle most of the time I only used a 1/2 a gal more than the guys on the RT's without a trailer in a 100+ miles. That wasn't too bad.

All and all it was a great ride and it was good to hookup with the WCS guys and gals. This was my old stomping grounds so I knew the area well but not having been here in over a year it was nice to ride those roads again.

All done with the pie and ice cream, ready to head home.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Smile

Awesome post,keep them coming I really enjoy them thanks.

Spyder Garage

Another great write up with good pics and videos as well. Looks like a whole lot of fun. Thanks for sharing your travels with us.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

Lamont that was awesome what was the sculpture made of. Wow what a nice surprise for you to see your nieces they are both beautiful. You know you hear about people getting lost in the desert and you wonder how so when i was watching your video i said wheres the road at and it's so flat that if the car did not pass by i could not tell where the road was. interesting.

Roger

Spyder Garage

awsome awsome awsome ride safe
    great pics
    SPYDRRR

Spyder Garage

Default Where to next?

By chance coming to So. Oregon? The weather is always on the move, but there are some great roads . . . and the RT-S looks so insignificant next to a coastal red wood. . . Vaughn
    Vaughn
    Spyder Cat's other half
    Passing thru Southern Oregon? Come ryde with us SOreSpyders@yahoo.com

2010 RT-SE5 PE#783
    Mods: Corbin Custom Seat & passenger arm rests; Elka Shocks, RT622 trailer, and lots and lots of gas. . . . and did I mention, a new rear tire?
    2010 RS , custom home made billet Red/Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

It was very nice riding with you, I hope you have fun the rest of your vacation here in California. Have a safe ride home.
    Nikki

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwidow74 View Post
    It was very nice riding with you, I hope you have fun the rest of your vacation here in California. Have a safe ride home.
    Nikki
    Nikki and I had an awesome ride home, very aggressive mountain riding until johnny law slowed traffic down a bit.
    Lamont great to see you in CA, take care of your Mom.