Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Trailer Plug Color Code/Plug for RT

If you should happen to need to know, this is the plug info on the new CanAm trailer plug. I disected one this weekend. Rigging up to pull it behind a RS and a Goldwing.

I made this schematic to keep in my trailer and thought I would post a copy just in case someone needed it. Individual brake lights wired on separate leads. Label under front of trailer on harness indicates "back-up lights"....not that I could find.

Thanks,

Z

Spyder Garage

Where are you going to mount the connector on the Spyder?

2009 Yellow SM5 with BRP R35 saddlebags, CHAD windshield, ESI Up & Out Mirror Extensions, ESI 4" Handlebar Risers, Hindle muffler, Green Filter, Juice Box Pro, Throttlemeister, Crampbuster, Cortech Sport Tailbag, trunk liner, trunk spring, 12V trunk outlet, Eastern Beaver PC8 Fuse Panel, and two dashboard Powerlet outlets.

Certified Huligan
    The user formerly known as GIJoe

Spyder Garage

Good info, thanks

Spyder Garage

Thanks! This will make things much easier when I finally get my trailer & build a harness to pull behind my Goldwing.
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Good Job, Thanks

Spyder Garage

Default RT Trailor Plug ?

My dealer installed trailer hitch and RT harness.. Question is. Why is the brown wire marker lites a constant hot, even when key is off?
    Dealer said they installed as per instructions.
    wa3wheels How can u drop a raw egg onto a concrete floor without cracking it? *Any way you want, concrete floors are very hard to crack.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wa3wheels View Post

My dealer installed trailer hitch and RT harness.. Question is. Why is the brown wire marker lites a constant hot, even when key is off?
    Dealer said they installed as per instructions.
    If the brown (position 2) is hot all the time your running (and clearance) lights will remain on constantly, and run down the battery. If that is the case, and the Spyder lights are off, you probably have a bad trailer module, and it will need to be replaced. Be aware that there is a delay before the lights go out on the RT, after you turn off the key. Make sure you give it a few seconds.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Default Hot #2 Trailor wire

Thanks for the come back .... Scotty
    wa3wheels How can u drop a raw egg onto a concrete floor without cracking it? *Any way you want, concrete floors are very hard to crack.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

You can always count on Scotty to answer a lot of these tech questions. Thank you Scotty for all your knowledge.

Spyder Garage

Does this pertain to all years of the 622?
    Quote Originally Posted by zackybilly1 View Post
    If you should happen to need to know, this is the plug info on the new CanAm trailer plug. I disected one this weekend. Rigging up to pull it behind a RS and a Goldwing.

I made this schematic to keep in my trailer and thought I would post a copy just in case someone needed it. Individual brake lights wired on separate leads. Label under front of trailer on harness indicates "back-up lights"....not that I could find.

Thanks,

Z
    2014 Can Am Spyder RT Limited - Pearl White
    2010 Can Am Spyder RT - Full Moon

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What do you mean new trailer plug?

Spyder Garage

Default HELP!!!!

Since you obviously know the trailer wiring well.............trying to tow my RT-622 with my wife's car. It's a 2012 that has the new CanAm harness for my 2016 F3-T & works perfectly on that. I don't believe this trailer has the ground wire update kit.......can't find a part number either.

All kinds of weird stuff.....left turn signal fine, right signal blinks both! Finally got marker/tail lights...but the left turn looks light brakes are on. About 6 hours on this today....time to go to a trailer pro?? Really want this for vacation.....

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    If the brown (position 2) is hot all the time your running (and clearance) lights will remain on constantly, and run down the battery. If that is the case, and the Spyder lights are off, you probably have a bad trailer module, and it will need to be replaced. Be aware that there is a delay before the lights go out on the RT, after you turn off the key. Make sure you give it a few seconds.
    2016 F3 Limited with Topcase, RT-622 trailer, Lamonster LED Headlights, Lamonster LED Fog lights, Lamonster LED Ring Lights, 25" F4 windshield, BRP Belt Tensioner, 2018 Triton GU10 trailer to haul it

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hey guys, this thread is seven years old. The bike and 622 trailer wiring scheme and connectors have changed three times since. Unless you have an early version of the 622 trailer that hasn't had the tongue harness changed, you don't need to be concerned about the info in this thread.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Can-Am-SPYDE...BWR5FY&vxp=mtr

refer to page 28 of the 622 manual it tells you the pinouts for the trailer harness
    Last edited by trikermutha; 07-18-2017 at 12:10 AM.